1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum amount of minis needed

Discussion in 'General' started by ZlaKhon, May 14, 2021.

1. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Hey everyone!

I am currently painting like a madman to get all my defiance models ready and I was wondering if there is a maximum amount of minis needed to play defiance?

I ask because I already own some additional CA (Wildfire, single Seed soldier, most of Onyx,...) but I could still buy e.g. the Nox SWC box or the Jayth box? Is there a chance I'll every use those models for defiance or is that complete overkill?

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'd say that the 250€ pledge had all models you need, without the need to buy extra. Aside from the other factions packs, that is (wave 2, 750€ pledge), but you could proxy those with 1-2 of each S 1 to 7.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

If you're considering just a basic enemy pack then you should look at top pledge box. There's a ton of units (and cards) that you can replace with other CA units (Like Nox with Unidrons or Taighas with Gakis) or even get other factions as enemies instead of CA. There's no limit for that

4. ZlaKhon

Well, yes I get that part and have quite some other CA models. My question was really more „what is the maximum number of enemies that the game engine will realistically spawn“? Like in Zombiecide, you do get a reasonable amount of zombies in a box but it does make sense to buy some more because you can run out of zombies in a mission

5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Each mission has a list of cards for Units that may appear on the mission, you will not be able to go beyond cap, you'll just run out of units to respawn.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  6. RAF

RAF Something Wicked

Yes, if you have all available for that mission units on the table, then nothing new will spawn, but remember, some killed enemies may return. Some units can "refill" its ranks.

7. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'll never have more than 6 Nox on board at one time, for instance. Though at high alert/aggro levels they may respawn so fast it feels like a lot more.

8. ZlaKhon

Ok, just making sure: if I take out all enemy cards and make sure that I have a mini for each card then I am good for sure?

9. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

There are numbers on the lower left of the card showing how many models it can represent.

Theoretically you could make a mission that could put more than 6 Nox on the table. I don't have the cards infront of me but I think you could have 9, 2 leader, 2 hacker, 2 specops, 3 fire team. But no mission in the campaign use more than 6.

There could also be more than 3 Cadmus, you could have 3 generic and one each of the named but again no mission does so.

#9 Mcgreag, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    RAF and ZlaKhon like this.
  10. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have the miniature or miniatures for each card. Remember that some of the cards represent two or three figures (those cards have those side health tabs).

ZlaKhon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation