1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Handle Reserves?

Discussion in 'ITS' started by quaade, May 5, 2021.

1. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

Maybe contacting with @Koni , I think he is the warcor Admiral

RobertShepherd likes this.
  2. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

These threads say everything about @quaade’s state of mind and nothing about tournament play, or indeed about Infinity the Game.

#42 Dragonstriker, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  3. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

If you aren't having fun, it's not worth it. And I have to admit, based on how some positions are presented and justified, there are some *wild* events out there...

4. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The terrible archetype of player depicted in some of these threads is something I have never seen in any games I've played or any tournament I've organised. (I've had 1 or 2 bad experiences in pick up games on over 200 games)

I highly encourage players to try out tournaments. The vast majority (and every singles ones I've played in) were mostly organised as an excuse to get multiple games easily scheduled.

I'm not saying that these don't exist, but don't let a very rare minority drag you down and prevent you from having a blast.

5. danilapal

danilapal Member

Another meme-fuel for Critposting , nice :yum:

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

In my personal and anecdotal experience, most TOs are also looking to maximize enjoyment for the largest number of players. If someone is falling into some of those less-than-fun-to-play-with behaviors, the TO will have a quiet word with them, looking to understand what’s going on and try to help them relax/chill/not be that guy/what have you.

Savnock, Diphoration and RolandTHTG like this.
  7. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Agreed with Diphoration, I've never had a bad experience at a tournament and highly recommend giving it a try. The kind of people that troll the forums hardly ever play in real life.

8. elTzimmy

elTzimmy Active Member

I know I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to point out that this is a delicious twist on reductio ad absurdum. An absurd one, even. :'D

Delta57Dash and Ashtaroth like this.
  9. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Which reminds me, why do you still keep that cringeworthy name?
    Is it because you ban actual shitposting?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. danilapal

danilapal Member

I don't know whats wrong with name that containing my IRL name + "pal/paladin" part , but still it is kind of rude...

11. Ktulhuist09

Ktulhuist09 Well-Known Member

If you think that old russian name Danila + pal is cringy, then you are definitely retarded. Try to learn some respect and not fuck with people for their names.

12. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

... Guys I think he was referring to the name of the group,"Critposting," not the name of the user, "Danilapal"...

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Edgy boi right here. :ok_hand:

Yeah, that sentence was much more clear in my head.
    I was referring to the name “Critposting” but I can totally see how that could be read in another way.

14. danilapal

danilapal Member

I was wrong. I am sorry.

15. quaade

quaade Well-Known Member

I found what I was looking for. It was in the Sportsmanship section of the ITS document.

Minimum player etiquette includes giving the opponent time to clearly see the results on your dice before picking them up, sharing with the opponent all open information from your army list and clarifying it as often as requested, waiting for the opponent to declare ARO whenever you spend an Order, etc.

And while it never says that you have to give a CL at the point of Army List choice you absolutely should to avoid bias in your selection. Even if you've no intention of doing so you'll still have a bias as biases exist subconsciously and intent exists consciously. And they do control your practical actions even if you've no intent thereof. You avoid a lot of potential drama by both players just exchanging the CL at the same time at the point of choosing their list.

Anyway, this is the sequence of events that I can piece together that has the fewest amount of contradictions.

1. Both players choose which list to play.
    2. The players roll off to determine Initiative and Deployment.
    3. Both players place their entire army in the deployment field of the board or what passes for it, they respect Private Information at this point and the list for what is private info is pretty stringent (https://infinitythewiki.com/Open_and_Private_Information).
    4. Player 1 then chooses a model/marker/HD to deploy later and deploys the rest.
    5. Player 2 repeats step 4.
    6. Player 1 deploys their withheld model, and hands over their CL.
    7. Player 2 repeats step 6.
    8. The game begins with all that it entails (https://infinitythewiki.com/Game_Sequence).

16. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

I see this and I wish the forum just stayed offline error 503. I'm out.

Dragonstriker, Mogra and Cthulhu363 like this.
  17. Cthulhu363

"they respect Private Information at this point" Why did you feel the need to put that phrase in there? Nothing and nobody says this except you. Why are you just making stuff up?

18. quaade

quaade Well-Known Member

A 503 is a old cookie error. If you delete your cookies you can get in.

Because it's context to the last point of what is Private Information. As in, "never making things up," which according to everything the withheld model never is unless they're covered by the definition of Private Infomation, in this case, they remain Private Information as in, "I hold back a Marker." The content of the Marker would be Private Information, the Marker and what CG it belongs to is Open Information.

I also it interesting that a random sentence is a thing you have a problem with instead of the entire sequence as I lay it out, and then you hang on to that point and word it in a way that implies that the entire sequence is wrong.

19. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You're piecing things up how you want to piece things up.
    You're tainting any reasonment with a massive bias.
    You're arguing in bad faith.

The sentence can be read both ways, and I agree that a clarification would be a great things.

You're trying to argue that one way is clearly wrong, when there are plenty of arguments to support the intent. (The reading of the sentence itself is a great argument for it, the way it clearly spells out that undeployed troopers are private, the spanish wording of the same rule being abundantly clear)
    You're arguing that one way is clearly wrong by bringing your own argument for the other side and trying to refute them and try to give weight to your argumentation.

This thread is a joke and the perfect example of you hear in examples of player saying their experience in the game was bad and that they didn't enjoy their community.

I'm all for arguing rules, I do it literally every day, but arguing while completely ignoring the clearly spelled out rules and trying to stretch thing beyond imagination is completely silly. And then insinuating that people are cheating or not being sportsman for following the rules is completely outrageous.

#59 Diphoration, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  20. Cthulhu363

Because that random sentence changes the whole meaning and is the crux of your whole point. Nothing you said in that word salad actually backs up what you said. You just insert your unsubstantiated belief and expect everybody to just accept it.
    Where does it say that at THAT point, private information begins?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation