1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you try the 150 points format

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by M0rk4, May 3, 2021.

1. M0rk4

M0rk4 Member

Hello guys,

I am currently looking for a different way to experience Infinity and I am asking myself on the 150 points game format.

Did you try it ? I have the feeling that it can be a very different game.

What game surface do you use for smaller point size games ? The CB recommended one 24x32 inches ?
    Do you limit the order pools ?

Have a great day.

Daniel Darko likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Infinity at 200 and below is a very different experience. It gets wild. Haven't explored it much or very recently, but we played on standard large table for those games.

redeemer likes this.
  3. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

I have played at 200 points and it is perfect for new players and for trying new troops. It is also quick to play. I use the 120x80 cm table.

The last 2 tournaments in my area have been at 200p and all the players liked It.

Cheers

Daniel Darko likes this.
  4. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

I played a 150 JSA vs Ramah game recently. We both wanted to spotlight our S5 models (Al Fasid and Daiyokai). I'd recently made 2'x2' geomorphic terrain tiles (so you can mix-n-match them) and it was easy to just use two instead of all four (and not use the back or our deployment zones). The first game kinda fell apart (his Daiyokai just murdered everything with its red fury) but the second game I deployed much more conservatively and it turned into a real squad-on-squad slug fest, with shot traded by the big guys, hacking and even spec fired grenades raining down on JSA's head (for the win!)

We're trying an Escalation format, so next game is going to be 200v200 and I won't be allowed to take any Veterans (since I lost).

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Atm due to Corona I haven’t played a 150 point game in N4, but in the last year of N3 I mostly played Recon! from GMG and GwtC
    using the Recon+ rules
    Had a lot of fun, but yes, it’s a completely different experience wich I appreciate

6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think 150 is a bit too constraining even for beginners, but 200 points is pretty fun.

At that points level you start to look at some mid-level units and models that usually aren't taken for any reason at 300 or 400 points, and it's still somewhat easy to build 10-12 model lists.

I'd say go for it, mate. Have your fun.

Lady Numiria likes this.
  7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Have the Recon rules been updated for N4 yet? Recon on a 3x3 felt the best way to enjoy 150 points to me back in N3.

Pierzasty likes this.
  8. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

It has not been updated since 2018, but if Guess you can use It As It is.

Cheers

9. Zhōu Yú

Zhōu Yú Member

I've played it once on N4 according to n4 rules. If you are plaing with recomended table size - and playing not with novice, but a bit experienced player - it became so toxic, with some unbalanced(for this mode) units.
    FD became broken, Veterans became broken. Shotguns broken. Krakots and Liberto, 5 times broken. Very funny first turn for top. Sad all three turns for bottom. VERY dependent on who roll initiative better. Even on controll missions, you don't want to move second as ALPHA is so strong.

Pierzasty likes this.
  10. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm organizing Infinity tournaments in North Poland for about 10 years now and usually it's 1 tournament per month (since COVID it's different, ofcourse). And to not be bored with the typical 300 pts ITS we change the points and the style of play each tournament - we use our own scenarios, YAMS , TACOS, and we even have our Boarding Actions tournaments - 150 pts on smaller, 2D boards, like fighting inside a spaceship. Only S1 and S2 allowed, with our scenarios, some additional rules et cetera.
    The boards are printed in white and black and are about 36 inches x 36 inches. The deployment zone for the first player is smaller, for the second is bigger.
    As in this picture:

[​IMG]

We have 3 types of the boards and add some scatter on them. You can destroy the doors, the walls et cetera.
    And to be honest, that's one of the most popular tournament system in our area, many players really like it, and we're going to play one of the first tournaments this year with Boarding Action rules on 12th June.
    The games are fast, brutal, and really different than on a normal board with more miniatures and points.

Here some photos from one of the Boarding Acion tournaments:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PozdRawiam / Greetings

11. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

I dont like the recomended table size for 150p,
    60x80 cm, besides some skills are too broken, the weapon ranges are broken as well.

I would recomend a 90x120 cm for 150 and 200 points.

Zhōu Yú likes this.
  12. Mogra

Mogra Well-Known Member

I would like to know more about this format, the rules and Maps you use.

Thanks

13. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yeah @KedzioR_vo, please share a document with the rules and boards, would love to play this locally.

14. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Tactical quote to use as feedback in case I need to tweak the rules.

15. KedzioR_vo

Warcor

@Mogra , @Nuada Airgetlam - sorry guys, I don't have time now to translate the whole rules. Our last Boarding Action was played in N3, so it should be also changed a bit to work properly in N4, but this is something I can't to now.
    Here's link to the Polish rules - http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=19716
    I'll remember this and maybe will have more time Sunday to translate it, we'll see.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Abrilete, Delta57Dash and Mogra like this.
  16. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Polskie zasady zdecydowanie wystarczą, dzięki! :D

17. theomc

theomc Well-Known Member

Played a 200v200 Armory game on ITS12 sized table (32" wide by 48" long). Game went fine (well... for my opponent), but I did notice several "scaling" issues:
    - the size of the Armory is fixed regardless of points, this makes sense (people don't have an infinite supply of various sized armory buildings) but in our game (and I can't imagine in a 150v150) game the Armory basically FILLED the mid-field. This was exasperated by...
    - ...the number of Localized Decompression zones is also fixed, so again, these FILLED the mid-field even more

Seems like for this mission they should at least scale the LD zones (2@ 300/400pts., 1@ 200 and 0@ 150, or something), as it was we were struggling for places to put the templates down at all...

18. KedzioR_vo

Warcor

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation