1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly questions about Mission 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Lucian, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Don't take it too serious, but since CB keeps blue balling with FAQ updates, obviosly have no interest in developing Defiance further and every time I open the book I find new errors - so how about this:

The FAQ explains how captured Charontid works:
    ▶ First, we need to capture her by dealing at least 15:4: to him. At that point, Characters may perform the Interact Action with the Charontid Lieutenant to become his Captor, turning the Charontid Lieutenant into a
    Hostage.
    ▶ When the Captor Moves, they must always place a Hostage in a free space adjacent to them.

Here's the thing:
    0. Jazz/Trisha/Rahman near shuttle, Charontid is unconsious.
    1. Jazz/Trisha/Rahman move servant with remote presence into base contact with Charontid.
    2. After servants activation Jazz/Trisha/Rahman activate and use Interact Action
    According to remote presence wording "Controller performs Interact Action from Servant (As if controller was on bot's space)". (Servants cannot use interact in their own activation, only controllers can do it through the servant)
    3. Jazz/Trisha/Rahman becomes captor, Charontid becomes hostage
    4. Jazz/Trisha/Rahman make one move into shuttle, Hostage teleports half across the map to adjacent space
    ▶ When the Captor Moves, they must always place a Hostage in a free space adjacent to them.
    ???
    5. Profit!

Valid move? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Nah. If you remote-presence the capture, the captive goes along with the remote. Because that’s what would happen if your character was standing in the remote’s place.

3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

But the "Captor" status is not something you can put into pocket like other similar interactions through a bot. Bot cannot even do Interact!
    Mission says "When a Character performs the Interact Action with the Charontid Lt., his status becomes "Hostage". <...> The Character that Interacts with him becomes its "Captor""
    Remote Presence says "Allows (Controller) to perform the Interact Action from (Servant) (Consider that (Controller) is on (Servant) space)"

It happens during Character (controller) activation, it's the Character (controller) that does Interact and it's the Character (controller) that gets "Captor".
    Technically, controller just jumps into bot, does action, gets himsels the status and then jumps back.

I just love how little effort was put into QA for one-time KS exclusive book. With no digital rules release planned.
    I'll post it in FAQ thread, maybe they'll address it someday.

4. darthchapswag

darthchapswag Shandian Strike Team

Did anyone actually manage to get the Charontid back to the Stalker? And without Mnemonica kicking in?

I found, even getting a perfect silent start, the artificial escalation of Alerts and the mass of models emptying the AI deck meant there were always models in the way en route to the Stalker.

Didn't help a Seed-Embryo deployed right next to the Captor after I'd used all my activations, became the Mnemonica, then got a free turn to book it. Then, as luck would have it, it got first turn in the next round. 24 hexes is enough to get safe from pretty much anywhere on the board.

Was it just really bad luck on my behalf? I'd just hit Max Alert so I didn't rate my chances even if it hadn't gone first.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation