1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In The Future

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Now that we have Shang Ji finally coming out, that only leaves the Tian Gou and Long Ya to come out. After that, Yu Jing will have at least one model for every profile.

What are your hopes for more figures?

Here's what I want:
    Liu Xing Multi-Rifle SO
    Anything with Madtraps! (I especially like Zhanying)
    Hulang with cooler CC weapon
    Daofei Hacker
    Krit Kokram with Feuerbach

Anyone else?

the huanglong likes this.
  2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Wu Ming MULTI Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher!

Then my dream order would be:
    1. Hulang SMGs and Koalas (A woman might be cool, as long as they don't shrink her)
    2. Liu Xing MULTI Rifle
    3. Crane Hacker with Ponytail.
    4. Daofei Hacker (and add Daofei to IA!)
    5. Tiangou jammer (A woman)
    6. Yaofang Longya
    7. Hundun HRL (A man would be cool)
    8. More monks
    9. Yemao Multi (and a reason to use it!)
    10. More Jujaks (and better link rules!)
    11. Bao Troops (and a reason to use them!)

Dragonstriker and Space Ranger like this.
  3. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

I feel you.
    Built myself a wu ming multirifle with grenadelauncher, hulang with dual smgs, daofei hacker(had a hmg daofei) , and 4 ye Mao (based on tiger soilders since the original ye Mao design is the one yu jing design I am not fond of).
    All thanks to monstrous Makings.

Another liu xing would be great, tian gou with jammer, and one with mad trap, yaofang Longya, jujak, Hundun HRL and additional guilang are on my wishlist too.

Bao resculpt and generally more cranes with braids with an Imperial Service update would be great.

4. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

After the profiles absent models, I would say that my priority would be Hundun HRL and Liu Xing MR (closed helmet please). After that, Daofei MR and Hulang SMG.

Bao really need some updated sculpts, but they need an updated profile to justify even being worth considering.

Jujak and Ye Mao could probably use some sculpts, but they don't inspire enough interest to be worth considering in the first place, and Ye Mao are pretty ugly anyway.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  5. the huanglong

The YeMao statblock bugs me because they are supposed to be a special forces unit of WBA alumni, so they should have Guilang training at the minimum. Yet their mental and physical aptitudes are both inferior to the Guilang (Who themselves are merely Zhanshis who have done survival training)

6. Fed4ykin

So phys 12 and wip14 and bs 13 (these guys are elite) and no change in cost. That would make them a lot better.
    But then daofei should have wip 14 too.

7. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

For me it would be:
    Yaofang box, but please both with SMG
    Hundun HRL
    Guilang Combi/Hacker
    Tian Gou Hacker with Madtraps
    Hulang with 2 SMGs and Koalas
    Liu Xing Multi or Spitfire
    Monks, full box
    And something that will not happen, old Kuag Shi but 3d sculpted (new ones look stupid and old ones are outdated)

zapp and the huanglong like this.
  8. Weathercock

Louie has the same problem too. Same PH as a Tiger in spite of wearing a powered suit of armour, and lower WIP to boot. They're the D-student Alumni of their division.

But back to the Ye Mao, I think the issue goes beyond their stat line. Ultimately, they just don't really fulfill a role that WB really cares about. At least, not in its current state. As optimized gunfighters go, they're not particularly well optimized, and they compete against our Messiah who is himself a lot more versatile with what he can pair up with. As mobile midfield gunfighters go, they aren't actually that mobile, and the Guilang already is to skirmishers what Blade is to vampires.

I don't know what I would do for Ye Mao, honestly. At least the Jujak are pretty enough that I'd be interested in trying to give them something. But Ye Mao are so uninteresting to me in every facet (aesthetic, fluff, gameplay) that I really wouldn't care if they just disappeared. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Dragonstriker and the huanglong like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Of all of the things, not out yet, I think I really NEED the Long Ya. I forgot to mention Lei Gong. He's not bad in IA but essentially no figure for him. But like most other things at this point it's more want than need.

It's probably going to be a long way away but a box Jujak could be cool too. Especially if they fix the horrible team rules for them. I like them more in White Company than in WB honestly.

Something I doubt they will do in a long time but I would think would be cool is another Su Jian.

10. the huanglong

I suppose general release Lei Gong will be the SMG version. Scrub mentality prevents me from taking him, but what version is most popular on the table?

11. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Yaofang - Long Ya
    Tian Guo - Combi with Jammer, Hacker with MT
    Hundun - HRL/SMMR
    Ye Mao - Hacker
    Daofei - Multi (Hacker) - for free for all, that can show their painted HMG Version :-)
    Jujak - Spitfire and Engineer
    Hulang - SMG with CC
    Liu - Multi-SO
    Guilang - Combi Resculpt or Hacker
    Lei Gong - SMMR

as Boni: Tai with MK12 in fancy pose, but not a diorama like pose

The old box had one. I have them, but I was a bit dissapointed that they bring two new weapons and to old one in resculpt, leaving combi/em and MR/LGL to older sculpts only. But the HRL was an improvment.

Please not. Then I have to continue with my Artistea Lei Gong. I see no use in the SMG version.

#11 archon, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  12. Weathercock

I doubt we'll see any model properly wielding a Mk12 or Feurbach for as long as CB can skirt around it (or make ways to skirt around it). The Mk12 is badly outdated and the Feurbach doesn't even have a YJ design at all. I get the feeling CB has been trying to avoid doing those as much as possible.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  13. Amusedbymuse

Karakuri are getting new box. Maybe they will put mk12 in it and considering all of JSA weapons are from YJ that would make this mk12 a YJ model.

As for the Ye Maos. I would like to see some increase in their mobility. Either 6-2 move for their super jump or climb+ (that would make them more like Karhu who already is 6-2 climb+....) or FD+8". Preferably 6-2 move and FD+8".
    To make them more unique in YJ: Dogged.
    I dont really see any way to make them cheaper as they seem quite bare bones. Maybe frenzy, coupled with dogged would set up their fluff as big game hunter guerilla forces that go in with disregard for their safety and get really exited when they manage to hunt something. But that only after they balance Frenzy and Imp in fireteams, right now its too OP for YJ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

#13 Amusedbymuse, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  14. Weathercock

If the Karakuri get a new Mk12, I'm guessing it'll be a PanO one.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  15. Jaxes

Jaxes 鹰阶特工小杨

Bao! Bao! Bao!
    Better with an ISS update
    I mean the Baos are the poster boy of YJ but with old sculpts? Come on CB!

16. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

As an aside, the Liu Xing hacker figure makes no sense.
    • Hacking pose but hacking visor raised so no display.
    • Just landed from airdrop but eyes uncovered so can’t see because eyes watering.
    • Explode but tiptoe landing not superhero landing.
    What is he actually supposed to be doing?

Liu Xing MR SO please.

17. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

And Yaofang Long Ya

18. Fed4ykin

I was thinking on how to give ye Mao something to stand out apart from a new design and sculpts.
    I built mine from tiger soilders but haven't had to opportunity to test them. But they seem lackluster to me.
    They are supposed to be big game hunters for assyemtrical warfare, but I am unsure if they really fulfill this role.
    Their skills are fine, the Statblock could be tweaked. But why don't they get something truly exotic for example minedispenser and E/M mines. That would be a way for them to deal with heavyhitters. And as white banner is the guerrilla sectorial of yu jing, mines would be fitting.
    Could be sectorialspecific profiles.

I would appreciate more flexibility in links for jujak and that the Shang ji hasn't to be the crutch in white banner.
    For jujak more fire weaponry, Vulkan shotgun instead of boarding shotgun, incendiary mines or grenades?
    And please no Lei gong...
    maybe another trooper with albedo instead of the wannabe daoying that isn't a daoying at all.
    And of course a HD+ and WIP 14 on Daofei.
    So enough wishlisting.

19. the huanglong

Simply put, the optimised gunfighter archetype has creeped to the point that it is worthless without fireteam wildcard. I've previously proposed add fireteam core and wildcard to Yemao. It would make them more like Kamau, Muyib, troops that actually get taken. I'd like them to get PH12 and WIP14 for reasons of fluff, they can lose a pip of BTS to help pay for it. And I'd Like Liang Kai to be able to join their fireteam.

I like vulkan shotguns, I've also suggested Immunity: Continuous Damage. The absurd link rules have to go!

20. Amusedbymuse

Go full Mendoza with Jujaks. BS attack continuous damage on all of them. Heavy shotguns on all profiles :)

Fed4ykin and Dragonstriker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation