1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Functioning Disconnected Repeater

Discussion in 'Rules' started by QueensGambit, Apr 30, 2021.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Just doing a sanity check on this one. Scylla is killed, so her Devabot becomes Disconnected. It looks like the bot's Repeater still functions - the Disconnected state doesn't shut off automatic equipment the way the Unconscious state does.

Right? Just checking 'cause I was surprised, I had assumed the repeater would turn off but it looks like I was just making an ass out of u and me.

2. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I think Disconnected being a Null state shuts off the repeater.

Nah forget what I said.
    Only Unconcious has the Paragraph about shutting down Automatic Equipment / Skills.

#2 Tristan228, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    QueensGambit likes this.
  3. ZBam

ZBam New Member

In the wiki for the Repeater there is a box labeled "Important" that states
    This makes me believe that a peripheral in a Disconnected state shouldn't have its repeater active.

Ugin, inane.imp and solkan like this.
  4. QueensGambit

Nice! That's what I was missing. Those "Important" boxes are, ironically, hard to spot.

5. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I also believe that the intention was to proclaim that Repeaters are always active, and if the carrier goes Null the Repeater also goes deactivated.
    But I can't help but reading the sentence as "If its carrier is in Isolated State or any Null States, this piece of Equipment is not automatically active and can be deactivated by its owner(like, the owner now got an option to voluntarily turn on and off the Repeater)".
    Am I missing something?

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Ehm...
    upload_2021-5-5_12-58-34.png

7. QueensGambit

No idea what you're getting at, but if you scroll up you'll see that the question has already been answered. The Repeater rule has an "Important" box which says that the repeater stops working if its carrier is in a null state.

Interestingly, other automatic skills and equipment don't get shut off by the Disconnected state. So far example, a Disconnected Antipode would still have Mimetism, although an Unconscious Antipode would not.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation