1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

That camo is lovely!

archangeleong likes this.
  2. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Combined Army
    [​IMG]
    Combined Army
    So they ended up being quite a colourful lot of villains. I had some second thoughts when applying my Halo theme to the character models, but I'm happy overall with how everything turned out (just a bit more outlandish than your typical army with all matching colours). The Combined Army sure do remind me of the Covenant with it's mix of different species that all share the same insane goal of universal domination.

I was also hoping to channel a bit of synthwave retro futurism with the fluro colours combined with the purple armour and magenta guns. To this end I think the alien tufts of grass (from Gamersgrass) sell this better than I painted it. All up it was quite a marathon to get all these guys done in one month but I managed pulled it off in the end.

3. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

A month?! When did you sleep?

Ugin, Oni, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  4. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

What brand fluoro colours did you use?

5. archangeleong

Yes Lol! But all my spare time was spent painting.

I used Vallejo

6. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Jazmin "Jazz" Caticovas & Billie

[​IMG]
    Jazz & Billie

These guys were the first heroes I did in the set. It was nice to work on something different to all the purple Combined Army villains. I tried to match her colours with my Nomad army. I didn't stray too far from the artwork in terms of colour selection but I did use black instead of white as a contrast colour. The writing and logo on her top was a cool little detail that I never noticed until I worked on her.

[​IMG]

wendigo, redeemer, Wizzy and 16 others like this.
  7. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Qiang Gao
    [​IMG]
    Qiang Gao

This guy was fun to paint. So chonky. I added lots of little markings here and there so he would tie in to my Invincible army. Had plenty of practice painting Yu Jing yellow/orange armour so this guy was a breeze to paint, although he took the longest out of the heroes just because of his large size.

[​IMG]

#727 archangeleong, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    wendigo, redeemer, Wizzy and 13 others like this.
  8. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Uma Sorensen

[​IMG]
    Uma Sorensen
    There were lots of fine details on this mini that took ages to paint. I enjoyed sprucing up her guns the most. I like her a lot in the game. Once she is upgraded she can take out most enemies in one turn.

[​IMG]

wendigo, Wizzy, Oni and 13 others like this.
  9. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Really digging those PanO colours with the white weapon casing.

10. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Those look fantastic and you output in general in insane!

Can you give me some hints on how to achieve that blue power-armor glow (e.g. on qiangs chest plate)?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A202F mit Tapatalk

11. archangeleong

I used a base coat of VMC Sky Blue, then washed thinned down VMC Deep Sky Blue on top of the first colour, creating a mid tone, and also spilling the Deep Sky Blue over the edges. Then I painted Sky Blue just on the light source with some highlights brushed lightly on adjacent corners. lastly i mixed White and Sky Blue and painted the centre of the lights.

12. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Cadin "First Strike" Donn
    [​IMG]
    Cadin "First Strike"

So this guy is my first Ariadnan. That said I wasn't really sure what colour scheme to follow. I did want to keep him green though as each hero in Defiance is essentially a game piece done in a primary colour. I studied pictures of soldiers' army fatigues and in the end settled on Vietnam era US soldiers for my main colour palette. The mini has a dynamic pose that was pretty fun to paint.

Cadin starts out pretty weak in the game but once you upgrade his weapon and movement speed he lives up to his name and strikes hard and fast, smashing his opponents aside with satisfying ease. He went from a bit of a benchwarmer to mvp in my Defiance roster.

[​IMG]

wendigo, redeemer, Oni and 5 others like this.
  13. Mako

Mako Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot! And the Wolven guy looks neat. The fleshtone is spot on.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A202F mit Tapatalk

14. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Rahman Rouhani & Gaspar

[​IMG]
    Rahman & Gaspar
    Rahman was my first Haqq mini so I had no army to tie his colours to. I do hope to expand on this faction at some point and thought I would try to paint them with a muted palette based on the new Dune movie costumes (big fan of the novels so excited that Dune may finally get a decent cinematic adaptation). However I decided that he needed more colour to stand out as a game piece so I went back over him and added splashes of orange here and there so to that end. I'm OK with how he turned out but I didn't enjoy doing him so much as his pose was difficult to paint around with his hands obscuring much of his face. Gaspar was more straightforward and fun to do.

[​IMG]

#734 archangeleong, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  15. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Trishala "Trisha" N33 & Duchess
    [​IMG]
    Trisha & Duchess
    I wasn't sure how I wanted to paint an Aleph army so I stuck with the white and purple so that Trisha would stand out as the purple game piece. There were so many little bags and fiddly hexes to do on this lady. The palbot is cute, but why the kitty mask on top of a kitty?

[​IMG]

16. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

"Why just kitty when you can MORE KITTY?!?!?!" :joy:

17. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Psychology tricks, nobody will think that inside a kitty mask there is a kitty. Purrrrrrfect disguise!

18. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Flight Officer Agnes Ferreira

[​IMG]
    Agnes

I really enjoyed painting this mini. Her official colours match my NA2 mercs army so I was happy to go with them. The hardest part was getting the skin tone right as I tried to do an olive skin tone for a hispanic person. The end result is passable but I think I need more practice.

[​IMG]

#738 archangeleong, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  19. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Heroes

[​IMG]
    Defiance Heroes
    They are a colourful bunch. It was fun to work on such a diverse bunch of miniatures at the same time. I like how each faction colour reads clearly as a different coloured game piece. I based them all differently to tie them in to the respective armies that I already have of particular factions (and future factions I may collect some day), using bases from Micro Art Studios. I finished them all in about two weeks. I have only really played with the core heroes so far and am very fond of them, especially once fully upgraded since they kick a lot of butt, and I'm up to the stage in the campaign just before they jump into the wormhole. Wish me luck!

Core Heroes
    [​IMG]

wendigo, Goonhammer, redeemer and 9 others like this.
  20. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Megalodron

[​IMG]
    Megalodron
    The big bad boss! This guy took a couple of weeks to get done. I probably could have done it quicker but I had reached painting fatigue by the time I started him. It's the first time I worked on a PVC model and I gotta admit it was hard to clean up the mould lines, especially because the model was preassembled. The sheer size of the model ment that I painted it in manageable stages and sections. I did the base last and I'm happy that my colour scheme ended up blending in well with the defiance game board tiles. Even though I was exhausted by the end and I nearly gave up on it, I'm glad I took the time to do the yellow marks on the armour. They tie the model in well with the rest of the army and were actually quite fun to make up myself, drawing influence from the markings on the rest of the army.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goonhammer, redeemer, Lareon and 20 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation