1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska rework proposal

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ieldin Soecr, Apr 19, 2021.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I'd have just made Lt on all the Interventor profiles. Allows you take a KHD and a HD if you want, but keeps the overall difficulties of Nomad Lts.

I'm not suggesting that should be fundamentally changed, just eased.

2. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

These silly "please buff my A-Tier faction" threads are inspiring me to create a similar one for Vanilla Combined Army.

3. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

That's a fantastic idea. You should do that.

The great thing about these forums is that players can express your opinion on how you feel about your faction.

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

If you think TJC is anywhere near as good as vanilla CA, you're as silly as you claim these threads to be.

5. Diphoration

Warcor

How close do you define "anywhere near as good"? How big do you think the gap is between the factions in the game? Would both being in to 10 be "anywhere near as good"? What about both top 15?

Is TJC better than CA? I don't think so.

Is TJC one of the better sectorial in the game and a very strong contender for a competitive event? Absolutely.

I also think TJC has a very solid matchup versus Vanilla CA.

#45 Diphoration, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    jfunkd likes this.
  6. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

What makes you say that? I've taken to multiple tournaments and found it utterly under whelming, and cumbersome, and when compared to itself last edition when it was easily a top 10 faction, now its middle of the pack and being propped up by three profiles.

That is a matchup I have played a bunch, it is fairly one sided, TJC can really only put up a fight if it goes first and is able to develop it's defences and maybe remove a few a problem pieces, and largely comes down if you can ISO the Avatar or not and hope that the caliban marker over there isn't the CoC profile. Otherwise you just get blasted from existence by the Avatar, then overrun with taigha's.

7. Diphoration

Warcor

It has most of what shapes vanilla Nomad, but with a very solid fireteam.

It's got some very strong guns. (Kriza, Puppets)

One of the best drop troop in the game.

I think that their only downside is a lack of warband, but make up for it by having the best hacking available to a sectorial. (Mary, Interventor and Fast Panda Heckler)

Isolating the Avatar is best way you can deal with the list and TJC is by far the best faction to do it. (Vanilla Nomads also having access to the same tools obv)

Going second versus TJC / Vanilla Nomad is probably the worst Avatar matchup in the game because of it.

Going second versus the Avatar is going to be rough no matter what faction you play. It's not really a TJC issue. :P

8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

*checks notes* huh, interesting. [emoji14]

Diphoration likes this.
  9. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I mean anything can have a rough day against an Avatar but pitchers you can shoot across the board and +1B Oblivion seem some of the better tools to make it have a bad day so...

Dragonstriker likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation