1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did a Avatar..

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Bobblehead, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Well-Known Member

Really happy with how it turned out. The blues is a bit more turquoise in real life but old cell phone camera is what it is.

The current plan is to do the base in a darker green crackle paste with the same blue/turquoise in some of the cracks with turquoise/green tuffts. I think that will look sufficiently alien and fit in nicely. But other suggestions are welcome.

The colorless crackle pase is out every were over here and not due in untill some time in may so i got time to change my mind. :slightly_smiling_face:

A1.jpg A2.jpg A3.jpg A4.jpg

Wizzy, burlesford, Uthoroc and 12 others like this.
  2. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Very nice contrast with the blues!

3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Wow dude, that looks amazing!

What colours did you use for that blue? I've always had issues trying to paint blue that isn't flat or dull.

4. Bobblehead

Base color is Vallejo Turquoise, then i paint over it with Vallejo bluegreen leaving Turquoise in the recesses and highlight it by blending the bluegreen with Vallejo ivory.
    After that i mixed around 50/50Contrast medium with GW Drakenhof Nightshade and tint the blue and then go back and highlight it again were i feel its needed. That contrast medium with GW washes. :heart_eyes:
    You might try GW Teclis blue and tinting it with Drakenhof mixed with ~30/20% glaze medium. That will get a nice blue.

If you wanth a warmer blue highlight, mixed it with Ivory.

But as said in the first post, its a bit more blue in the pic than IRL

#4 Bobblehead, Apr 25, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  5. Law Dawg

Law Dawg Well-Known Member

Is the contrast medium what they call Lahmian Medium? I never thought to use that with washes. Gotta give that a try!

Did you use airbrush?

6. Bobblehead

No Lagmian is the normal glaze medium. Contrast medium is what is in the contrast paints, you can just by the medium separately. It says Contrast medum on the bottle so you cant miss it.

No airbrush since i dont own one. A good silent compressor is a bit to expensive and i live in an apartment.

Law Dawg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation