1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parachutist and combat jump and confused deployment

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Ruaridh, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Are these Two skills effected by confused deployment as they are not deployed at the start? If so and they fail the roll how do they deploy?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. JoKeR

JoKeR HAWZA Instructor
    Warcor

well, it all explained in a Confuse Deployment rule from a ITS.
    Yes, both skill is a Deployment skills, both let you deploy outside your Deployment Zone & therefore is affected by this rule, if you use them outside own DZ.
    Both Parachutist or Combat Jump user must make PH -3 Roll in a moment you try to deploy them. Remember that Combat Jump may have additional Modifiers (for example PH=X or another positive or negative MOD, which you ALSO must take to account). Parachutists still restricted by boards edges & NOT in enemy DZ.
    in case of Yuan with [PH=11] & also working program Controlled Jump on Allied EVO it would be
    PH 11 (trooper rule) - 3 (Confused deployment) +3 (EVO program) = 11
    if a roll is failed - such a unit must be deployed in his own Deployment zone (you NOT NEED touch board edge, as normal, cause Confused deployment change it, but your landing penalised in most cases by -3 MOD & also with the fact that losing a roll you land right into Biotechvore area)

inane.imp and Ruaridh like this.
  3. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Thank you. Yes I read the rules on comlog. It just seemed weird that could be placed.anywhere in deployment for the failed parachutist roll, which is mainly what I was wondering about but thought worth checking for both :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation