1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska rework proposal

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ieldin Soecr, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Keeping the best traditions of nerfing Nomads, after removing fireteam option they should reduce his HMG to a 'mere' AP HMG

#21 Lucian, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

If Kriza got removed from links then it needs some serious buffs akin to the KotHS. A B5 HMG isn't very good when it can't kill armored targets which is what N4 has a lot of.

Tourniquet likes this.
  3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

These buff-beg threads are getting ridiculous. Tunguska is fine.

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

This change alone would go a long way to help the faction.

And on the lunkhod, It's fine and always has been, the issue it has currently is that being restricted to 15 slots means there's less incestive to take another defensive piece on top of all the others and the support pieces in the army. That being said if it picked up FD$ like the other REMs in TJC it would help a lot as it would give the faction that forward crumple zone piece it desperately needs.

Not really, I played it a bunch last edition and found it great, this edition it is an anemic shadow of what it was. It has no threat projection, it threatens no defense outside of a single model in a fireteam and with the exception of that same model it can't gunfight it's way out of a wet paper bag. It's options are incredibly limited when compared to the other two sectorials (or forco) and aren't particularly great at what they do, especially when it comes to the back up pieces. There is little to no redundency so like ariadna one or two bad rolls can see you stalling out or straight up just being removed from the game. List building is incredibly cumbersome now.

If single combat group lists were still viable it would be in a better place, but its not and starting with 8 orders is not a particularly attractive idea nor is wasting a tenth of the army to take a PM to semi protect against it (Starting at 9 still fells just as bad). But being in a meta where it is 15 bodies or bust in an army that ties too much of it's useful utility to models in the mid to high 30's or higher with everything below that being either unreliable or mediocre filler just isn't great.

5. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

This a Modest Proposal post right??

I'm glad to see a "sky is falling" post about Tunguska. I love it when the good factions I play are perceived as bad by the online community.

To the OP, I wouldn't trust any ITS 12 season numbers. Many of the consistently good players haven't touched ITS, TTS, or in many cases played more than a handful of games at all during the Pandemic. I am curious to where you got those numbers about TJCs rankings and units used, but in general ITS 12 is a complete lost cause for competitive play except for a handful of players. It will be the most skewed season since ITS was introduced to pull any meaningful data out of.

This "Add Minelayer to E/M Mines | Dep. Repeater profile (0.5 SWC, 32 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)" would be insanely good as a reserve mini in Tunguska, the only alphas you'd have to worry about would be AD, camo rambo, Impersonation, and DZ AD. Everything else would have to march around that repeater it or take it down, eating enough orders to nerf any hitting power. In N4 TJC, that would be at least as strong as Dazers were in N3.

I'm not going to go thru the OP line by line because I can't even it as a serious post. I'm sorry that's condescending, but my experience is that TJC is above average in N4 and it doesn't need any improvements given the state of ITS 12, N4 and the current Classified deck.

#25 jfunkd, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Savnock and inane.imp like this.
  6. Tourniquet

Whether here or in another thread I'd like to see this expanded on if possible, I have found TJC to be both very underwhelming and incredibly frustrating in N4 when compared to how incredibly effective it was last edition.

inane.imp likes this.
  7. Tourniquet

Slightly disagree with you here, While it would be strong it wouldn't be insanely good just strong. it is only in one area (Mostly as I'd doubt you would be able to justify more than one) and would go a long way to help the faction defensively and make defensive hacking a relevant tool for the hacking sectorial as opposed to being a purely offensive tool. and those hard alphas are what kill the faction once people figure out how to take down the grenzer (usually involving a suicide repeater or pitcher and a ML) it becomes trivially easy to blow through the rest of the army.

Hell I'd take minelayer on the cyber mine or shock mine profiles just so there was something to slow the opponent down before they hit the DZ and start murdering everything, and to make going second not a death sentence.

I would also argue that due to the few minelayer things we have access to in the PM and Lunokhod TJC is already functionally immune to impersonation as you can just pin it and ignore it.

8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I don't know anything about Tunguska but no one should have too much passion defending/attacking untested brainstormed fun ideas.
    There's a couple concepts I agree with, like B6 Kriza not existing but something else added to help him out.

9. SpectralOwl

How have you been unable to use Hacking defensively in TJC? Not a disagreement, just curious; Hidden Deployment Hackers like the Spektr are pretty strong in my experience, and the Interventor's one of the few Hackers that doesn't have to worry unduly about being murdered through your Repeater net so it should be able to semi-safely control the board (as far as I can guess) as you advance since Tunguska can get Repeaters in most Fireteams.

Savnock likes this.
  10. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

He's talking T1, ie before you get Repeaters up.

And Interventors are still very vulnerable when attacked through hostile Repeaters.

And Jammers aren't what they were, so Hecklers are less reliable defensively.

11. Tourniquet

Pretty much this.

Until you spend orders turn 1 throwing out your repeater net (if you survive that long going second) you have no real defensive hacking play until they are right on top of you, but once you have developed that defensive position you are pretty much safe.However the trade off is most of the time you are doing this you aren't striking hard enough on the mission objectives to apply pressure or punching them in the face hard enough to set the tempo in your favor.

A note on the Heckler and the Spektr in this regard, the spektr is often too valuable a piece to make the sacrifice play in ARO especially considering the lack of redundancy in the faction you would have had to give up something meaningful to take it, and while the hacker is good I do prefer the FO as it can fairly reliably put things targeted which would otherwise be difficult from a hacking perspective due to massive firewall and/or ECM based mod swings (Like an IA fireteam with a -6 tinbot).

The Heckler is no where near as good as it used to be, the KHD is laughable, the jammer is as irrelevant as carbonite, and the redfury is better off trying to insult the other guy than trying to shoot it.
    Though I have been slowly coming around on the BSG+Emarat profile as a forward road bump as it offers a set of rather attractive tools given the current state of the game, but in an army that already struggles with support bloat they can be hard to justify.

12. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Tunguska got better solely on the back of Grenzer sniper and the faith in high rolls but it is hopelessly left in the dust by other 2 sectorials BUT I dont even know who got worse in transition n3-n4, maybe OSS, so when everyone else got better, in comparison TJC stays very average

i dont know how to fix it because the overall concept of the army ("elite" force) is flimsy; maybe less restrictive fireteams for starters - jaguars completely replaced alguaciles as the base corelink LI for corregidor, but the cheerkillers (mostly worse jaguars) cant do that and are attractive as haris base to feed vostok which is very narrow and boring imo

#32 fatherboxx, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    LaughinGod likes this.
  13. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

I've been ogling this profile and wishing it was Lt. Whole Nomads Lt department is pretty boring (to me at least, I can't seem to take anything other then Interventor or Line Trooper + decoy) and FO Sensor Lt could spice things up and is fluffy for Grenzers.

14. Tourniquet

With the removal of sniffers you would just be putting your LT at risk for pretty much no gain.

Savnock likes this.
  15. inane.imp

Nah, it's mostly that the other Grenzer profile is absurdly obvious as an Lt and is basically pointless: there's no other reason to take it. What it means is that rather than 4 Lt options TJC really only has 3.

By making the Grenzer NCO an Lt choice it means that you can add that profile to a Core and use the Lt order in the early game to do things like shift it into a scoring zone (for say Supremacy) and then use the core more aggressively late game. Also potentially useful for moving a Core into position to score in late game Panic Room or similar.

Still wouldn't be a great choice, but it wouldn't be completely useless like the current Grenzer Lt is.

16. Tourniquet

Still far too expensive, flimsy, and doesn't do enough for what it costs, and in an army where everything is around the 30 point mark it'll more than likely mean you will be giving up something more useful elsewhere in the list. That being said it would have a little more utility than it's Moira counterpart.

17. inane.imp

That's kinda the point it's still a sub-optimal choice but it doesn't have a flashing neon sign that says "don't choose this".

In list building I've certainly played around with Cores that swing active mid-late game and that include a Grenzer FO. Being able to point to it and go "this can be my Lt" adds a degree of ambiguity even if you don't use it.

18. MattB89

With the LT roll being open information, it's almost impossible to hide a Grenzer LT because the only other WIP 13 LT option in TJC is the Kriza.

Tourniquet likes this.
  19. inane.imp

I completely forgot about that. Drop 2 CC for +1WIP while we're at it then :)

Tourniquet likes this.
  20. MattB89

Even if the Grenzer went up by +1 WIP you are still left with either a Grenzer or Securitate as the LT so not exactly hard to figure out for the opponent unless you run 2-3 basic CR Securitates. TJC just needs another 2-3 LT profiles across different troops to make it a bit harder for the opponent to put TJC into LoL, especially with no CoC.

inane.imp and Tourniquet like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation