1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code One Weapon Profiles - Rulebook vs. Army Builder

Discussion in 'News' started by WeAreVortex, Apr 13, 2021.

1. WeAreVortex

WeAreVortex New Member

Hi, I'm new to this community, so please apologize if I dropped this in the wrong subforum...

As I'm just trying to get into Code One, I'm a little confused about the differing weapon stats as seen in the rulebook + Infinity Wiki versus those shown in Army 7 + app (Android in my case).
    Some examples (there's probably more I didn't notice):

- MULTI Sniper Rifle has different Burst value for anti-materiel mode.
    - Missile Launcher, Feuerbach and Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon all have additional modes in Army 7 + app which are not included in the weapons chart of the rulebook.
    - The rules provide no explanation for impact template (which is used for the Missile Launcher blast mode according to Army 7 + app).

I assume this is not intentional... Do Army 7 + app show N4 weapon stats even if set to Code One mode?
    If so, is there a way to change this or some workaround? Perhaps I'm just too dumb to find the switch...

Presuming the reduced number of profiles and special rules for Code One was done on purpose and have been properly balanced, I guess it makes no real sense to implement some N4 rules to match the weapon profiles as shown in Army 7 + app?

This is quite confusing for me as a new player... and greatly reduces the usefulness of the otherwise really convenient "Play" mode provided by the app.

--> I'd greatly appreciate if someone could clarify what weapon stats (i.e. from which source(s)) should be used for Code One.

Thanks!

2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Code One does have limited weapons compared to N4, you seem to have it about right.

I think that the weapon inconsistencies are a known bug, but you could comment in the bug reporting thread for Army about it.

When in doubt, the Wiki is probably your best source for correct info, so if there’s a disparity I’d lean toward it as the more definitive, up to date source of info.

WeAreVortex likes this.
  3. wes-o-matic

4. WeAreVortex

WeAreVortex New Member

Thanks for the clarification!

I guess we'll then have to use the Wiki or a printed reference sheet in addition to the app while playing.
    I'll skim through the bugs thread to see if it has already been reported, if not, I'll post there... despite the fact it's a N4 thread and this is a C1 issue?

#4 WeAreVortex, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  5. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

There's indeed no official C1 Army bug thread.
    Regarding functional issues like cm/inches inconsistency I think the N4 thread is the right place as is should rely on the same code.
    When it comes to unit value I think I saw some C1 reported in the N4 thread but there's also a pretty nice unofficial thread here

WeAreVortex likes this.
  6. WeAreVortex

WeAreVortex New Member

Thanks!

I looked through that thread, but couldn't find any reference to my problem with weapon profiles.

I'll post in the N4 thread, but want to take the time to check if the issue has already been reported... 57 pages ! :dizzy_face:

Koin-Koin likes this.
  7. libr4rian

libr4rian Member

Ok, so when there are differences which rule source is overriding: printed book or army builder?

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A6003 przy użyciu Tapatalka

8. wes-o-matic

Most definitive: Wiki
    https://infinitythewiki.com/Weapon_Chart

Then the rulebook (because errata and updates will appear in the wiki but not the physical rulebook)

Then Army, which is meant as a useful quick reference tool but is the least definitive.

Dragonstriker and libr4rian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation