1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Kasym?!

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Arkangel, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Arkangel

Arkangel Bringer of Justice, Avatar of Retribution

Okay so I’ve been slowly building up my haqq army (Aleph, O-12, and rounding out my JSA took attention away from them), I had Kasym but none of the local stores could keep his riders in stock and I wanted to have a small group as a harassment unit. Now Kasym is gone from N4?:anguished: What happened? Was he overpowered, not popular, didn’t fit the haqq theme? I guess I can do what other players are doing and proxy him as one of the wonder twins, but I think having a unit of 5 bikers versus a fat yuan-yuan on a sleigh of death would make an excellent match up, just saying.

2. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

The common hope is that the "main man" will be re released when the GK sectoral is ready. Hopefully with inspiring leadership :sunglasses:

HANGMAN likes this.
  3. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

what broken said or CBs haqqislam sales are so bad that they are staying away from them for a while and limiting their range

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The background in the N4 book says that the Nazarovas killed him and took over his empire, but it has a vague hint that he might be able to be resurrected. I have no insight into what, if any, gameplay reason there was for removing him from the army. The model should still be usable as a generic biker for now, however.

5. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I'm using the dismounted model as a Fiday.

'Cause really, what's scarier? Bob the accountant turns out to be a weird spidery guy in a helmet and stabs you? Or, Bob the accountant turns out to be KASYM BEG and rips off your face with his teeth.

DaRedOne, Ariwch, Danger Rose and 3 others like this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

He is still being sold, he's just not playable as himself

They seem to want to turn killing the current kum chieftain into a new edition tradition.

It is heavily implied he'll be back, but its CB so it might take a while. A long while.

7. Arkangel

So they killed Joan of Arc, cut off the Tohaa into an NA2 sectoral force (I like the Spiral Corps but it’s hard as hell getting regular Tohaa figs), giving the Nomads a face lift, threw everyone on Svarliheima (or give everyone parkas), spread out the CA, and now kill off a miniature - that I can sub in as a basic motor troop (or sculpt some feminine parts in and call him “Svetlana” to use as one of the twins) - that took me forever to find his missing brothers. It’s a good thing I love this game.

Besides, as has been pointed out previously on this post, whenever someone is supposed to die they come back...usually as a Lhost or sepsitorized. Here’s to your health Kasym. Hopefully we’ll see you as a Mark 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Well the twins made their endgame and backstabbed the one they helped (guided) backstab the previous chieftain, the just could not find his cube at his grave after the funeral, this leaves an open ended question to where it could end up and who might have acquired it and of course for what purpose.

Danger Rose likes this.
  9. Arkangel

I’m calling Aleph as a Lhost to compliment Pentisthelia and seal solidarity between the two super powers because those bodies wouldn’t exist without Silk - unless they can make bodies without Aleph’s consent and have him trained by the Old Man of the Mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jake richmond

jake richmond Well-Known Member

When has this happened?

Off the tope of my head, the only sepsetorized characters I can think of are Kodali and Bit, and neither died or were thought to have died as far as I know.

Similarly, I'm not remembering any characters who died and then came back as Lhosts, although I think its been implied that several Lhost personalities have been replaced over the years.

Really, Infinity doesn't seem like it often brings back dead characters.

11. SpectralOwl

Play more Nomads; the references have been dead for years before the sculpts hit the table.

Benkei likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

There are several resurrected characters referenced in the lore outside of Steel phalanx both from characters in game and no combatant characters, there are also characters who are unknown if they are resurrections posing as recreations or recreations.

13. jake richmond

Right. But they weren't ressurected as Lhosts, where they? have we seen any Nomad characters (that have been playable) die and then come back in a playable form as Lhosts?

14. jake richmond

Sure. But my question was in response to Arkangel, who seemed to be suggesting that characters from the game who die are always brought back Sepsetorized or as Lhosts. I couldn't think of an actual example of that happening.

15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

It depends on what you call a LHost.
    The estabilished lore in the previous editions said that LHost (Live Host) was any cloned body made as a replacement for one somebody has died in. Regardless of who made it, and how far it differ from the Mk. 1 Homo Sapiens Sapiens. High-end bodies like the Bodhisattwa-class, used by ranking Aleph operatives, were only one of the ends of the spectrum (and yes, these came heavily augmented just right out of the clone vat).
    On the other hand, you have LHosts who are just a 100% replacement of the standard human performance, or even (as the RPG books had it) the low-quality, outdated (but relatively cheaper) models that offer sub-par performance (hey, but that still beats being just a digital ghost ran of your Cube in a VR environment!).

I'm more than sure that all the major factions - save, perhaps, Ariadna (and even then, not for long, I guess) - have the tech capability to produce LHosts. Whether they can produce lots of them, well, that's another question. Since 1ed. we were told that in the era of EI War, the demand for bodies far outreaches the supply.

Also, keep in mind there surely is a black market in LHosts. Perhaps whoever nicked Kasym's Cube is working their way to get their hands on one. Or laready did, and now tries to secure enough Silk and an adequate professional basis to resurrect the chieftain. Or even has done that already, except Kasym is laing low for the time being.

Aleph is far from being the only faction to make LHosts. It is unique in another way: creating Recreations and Fragments of itself that can be put into those bodies, arifical personalities in custom-made bodies...

16. 15-Krykk

15-Krykk Member

I'd say that is a probable explanation. My FLGS always had a large stock of Haqqislam boxes and they never seemed to budge. I know this could be explained by restocking but even the salesman remarked that those boxes have low demand compared to other factions

17. QueensGambit

Eh, maybe? We've gotten new Haqq sculpts recently, though.

Maybe a combination, they're always looking to make SKU space, but also there's a lot of proxy overlap with the Haqq bikers. The generic Kum box has two models, one of whom can be Kasym. It's not like anyone is running lists with two Kum and Kasym as well. Plus the twins are decent Kum proxies. Maybe they just figured they were selling more kinds of Kum bike than we were willing to buy.

Also, while I do like Kasym, I also like that the twins killed him. Dude did have it coming.

18. 15-Krykk

15-Krykk Member

I don't know the lore on this one, can you elaborate, please?

19. QueensGambit

I don't know the details, but the lore is something to the effect that the twins were Kasym's boss/mentor/father figure's harem, and Kasym killed said father figure and took over the biker gang so that he could take over the harem.

20. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

You might say it was two girls, one coup.

...I'll show myself out.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation