1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Quest for Box Art O-12 : A Return to Infinity

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Snotcatcher, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Snotcatcher

Snotcatcher Member

Hey folks,

Last painted an Infinity model probably 5+ years ago now and never got to playing the game. Rediscovered it recently when a mate mentioned getting started and now I'm planning to put together a CodeOne compatible O-12 list and go from there.

Mainly going with the studio colours with a few small changes here and there and after picking up the Vallejo paint set I've decided to try and get them close to box art quality if at all possible. A challenge for sure but the low model count would hopefully make it at least possible to achieve.

On to the pics! First finished model is a Copperbot, currently the only part of my list I'm 100% set on. This and the Bronze troopers are the models that really set me on O-12. Just a shame the Bronze isn't available in C1 yet.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Current base is temporary as I'm not totally set on what I want to do with them yet, been contemplating between the classic city street look or possibly a dull-red ship interior style design. Currently experimenting with random ones I have around the place to see what looks good.

[​IMG]

Comments and criticism always appreciated. Not exactly sure what model will be next but I have a few on the way to choose from. I'm currently painting them up between commission projects so might be a little erratic in the updates but hoping to have at least a usable force come lockdown being lifted!

Cheers
    Chris

2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Holy moly, that is clean work. Awesome skills on display here.

As for the base, I'd probably keep it fairly neutral (if you tend to play in many different places or on different boards) or go with a style that fits your own board.

I've also seen people use clear bases to great effect, as those basically merge with the underlying board.

jherazob and Dragonstriker like this.
  3. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

Gorgeous work! Looking forward to more of these. Between the two options you've shown, I definitely like the natural outdoors base better than the patterned one.

jherazob and Dragonstriker like this.
  4. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Nice and neat painting. You are undoubtedly a skilled and talented painter. However it looks like you have gone through the GW school of painting (like most of us) as every highlight and surface has the same weight in terms of lighting.

You may want to think more about light direction and zenithal highlighting in order to get more natural looking lighting. You will see this used more on Infinity studio models than on GW. If you study this your results will be leaps and bounds ahead of what you can achieve right now.

ETEA and jherazob like this.
  5. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

This is the best O-12 model I've seen painted in the official scheme yet! Clearly, to me it's even so far better than the official paintjob, congrats!

6. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

Excellent execution!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation