1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Material of the Scenery

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitfire_TheCat, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I'm in the UK, where Defiance hasn't even started shipping yet, and in addition to that my copy will be at the very end of wave 2. So no, I haven't even seen the large doors. :-(

2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yes, its the same glue I am using for my metal minis. Pattex Ultra Gel (Cyanoacrylate) so ...

I am feeling with you, maybe you have more luck with magnetising the doors. Please keep me posted once you receive them.

Anyway, my theory: cheap chinese plastic. Who knows what got mixed into it. Maybe I shouldn't touch it for too long ...

3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Pattex Ultra Gel is explicitly not a cyanoacrylate. It calls itself "a super glue" but the fact that Super Glue (brand) is a Cyanoacrylate glue doesn't have bearing on the Pattex one.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It says it’s cyanoacrylate in the data sheet.

But...

I’d never recommend a gel superglue for PVC, as I’ve never seen it get good results - runny superglue all the way for these kinds of materials.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yes, I am actually capable of reading.

Yeah, you might have a point here, but I don't buy liquid superglue, because normally I have no use for it. It runs everywhere, just not where I want it to be. If I'd like to glue my fingers together I would use Uhu instead of Pattex ...

6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

If you are gluing fingers together, you are using too much and not controlling the flow properly. There exist after-market nozzles and fine tube to better direct that stuff to where it needs to be. It's just like using third party rattlecan nozzles for graf, because the stock ones just aren't any good for that job.

Mob of Blondes likes this.
  7. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

You can also use pins (or better needles) as they are metal, so you can clean them with acetone. Rather old trick: get a sewing (big) needle and cut (or sand if too tough) the loop so you end with a fork like Y, that will catch drops better and you will be able to place them anywhere you want. Which is one of the ways to work with cyanoacrylate, place the parts and hold them with something, then let the glue flow into the crack.

chromedog likes this.
  8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I use dressings forceps (long tweezers with 2.5mm rounded points) for holding small parts (like panO helmet antennae) in place while I apply a small amount of superglue to the joint.
    They're about 6" long (there is a set of 'splinter removal' forceps that are similar, but the tips come to points instead).

Slightly smaller (5") can be found at certain "dollar" store chains here.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation