1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomads in N4

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

jazz has to be corregidor exlusive. It is very strong in vanilla. also perseus. needless to see him in vanilla too. could be tunguska exlusive.

Savnock and redeemer like this.
  2. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

Maybe Perseus is spying on Tunguska that's why he is exclusive for them

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The HRL is only 23 points. Wildcats seen as an old-fashion link cost way too much, but as a single member that provides
    some utility to a haris I am finding them great. For example Evader AP Spitfire, Lupe, and Wildcat BSG has a LOT it can do. But this is correg discussion now.

Elric of Grans and Savnock like this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I wouldn't mind that TBH, though I haven't played much vanilla Nomads in N4 so I'm not as qualified to say.

It would be nice to see CB leverage sectorial exclusive profiles where appropriate though. Something other than fireteams to individualise them, and possibly a way to bring underwhelming forces up to par, and prevent overwhelming synergies in Vanilla.

Ghost87 and Tristan228 like this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Honestly, Intruder MMR needs AP or Multi.

Make it a hard target killer.

Equally Grenzer RF is a let down: AP or Multi MMR would really have given that profile a role. AP Red Fury would be VERY interesting.

This is part of the absurdity of the EVAder AP Spitfire Eng: make that a regular Spitfire and the Wildcat NCO Spit a Wildcat NCO AP Spitfire. The EVAder Spitfire would still be an excellent profile but it would no longer be "I do everything!" Hell, Wildcats simply gaining BS Attack (AP) across the board and removing AP from the EVAders would be a seriously good buff for Wildcats but would probably be an overall nerf to CJC.

I'd also take a Multi MMR Custodier. B3 Carbonite (actually ideally Carbonite (AP) into B3 AP at 24" is a very interesting option to me.

Nomads would do well with a faction designed around our MI being our AP units. Hacking to limit the return fire, then MI as a hammer to take out the threat. Leave our HI as brute force options that rely on weight of dice.

#makeMIgreatagain

jfunkd, RolandTHTG, Ghost87 and 5 others like this.
  6. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Totally agreed.

Fluffwise, EVAders are combat engineers, and Wildcats are pure shooty-killy veterans.

Crunchwise, EVAders still got tons of versatile tools like Climbing+, tinbots, Engineer skill, Panzerfausts, and NWI+SI. Wildcats on the other hand, now only got MSV1, cost-effective HRL, NCO, but nothing more special.

It feels like AP Spitfires should have been given to Wildcat NCOs rather than Evadies, and a normal Spitfire on Evader engineers would still be awesome. And when I feel like I don't want them, I could just take Feuerbach.

EVAders are no-brainer nowadays, in a bad way I think.

Edit: Wildcats' got some nice tools, such as Dep. Repeater, HDs, D-charges. That's nice. But I still think AP Spitfire should be theirs.

#506 Ugin, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    Willen, 1337Bolshevik and inane.imp like this.
  7. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I really like these ideias, as a why to show the Wildcats as combat veterans able to place good shots, etc. Like the ShanJi has BS Attack (shock), something like that would be really interesting in a Wildcat!

And TBH I would also agree to trade the AP on the EVAder. He doesn´t need it. Even more, remove the Spitfire and leave a MULTI. I kinda feel he is stepping into too many shoes.

I have a similar but opposite feeling with the Sombra. It feels so expensive for CJC, like, I am running a DaoFei? I would rather he be cheaper and remove some stuff. IDK, if I need a camo midfield guy, we have much cheaper options just as competent. What are your experiences with him? In an army like Nomads, at that point range, I feel like I need to build the list around him.

8. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yep, Nomads going back to neo-MI oriented faction would be quite interesting. We've got enough HIs with awesome concepts, fluff, and models, while several MIs need some caring touch(Reverends, Wildcats...).

For now, I haven't got enough experiences with Sombras, it feels like they are a bit expensive. They don't get opportunities to be fielded like Puppets, Evaders, or Kowalsky do.

1+1 wound midfield camo is quite tempting, but idk. I might try hacker loadouts someday.

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I don't think it's entirely the Wildcats at fault there, it's mostly the Evaders having an insanely wide toolkit, plus also getting a free points discount on top of their NWI points cheat.

If you made the Evaders cost as much as they're actually supposed to the Wildcats would probably look more reasonable in comparison. Enough that people stop complaining about them? Maybe not, but it wouldn't be the current insane comparison at least.

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

This alone would take it from something I don't need right now to a star in my list.

Tourniquet likes this.
  11. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

So I played another 2 games of Countermeasures. First was vs Hassassins with the list I already used:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    PROWLER Spitfire, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    RIOT GRRL Spitfire / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 33)
    BANDIT Combi Rifle, Shock Mines ( | Deployable Repeater) / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    PUPPETBOT (BS Attack [Shock]) AP Marksman Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 14)
    PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 12)
    JAZZ Hacker & BILLIE undefined / undefined. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] JAZZ (Hacker) Submachine Gun, Pitcher, Cybermines / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] BILLIE Flash Pulse, E/M Mines / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 6)
    ZONDBOT PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 3)
    ZOE & Π-WELL undefined / undefined. (0 | 44)
    [​IMG] ZOE (Hacker) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 19)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    MORAN (Repeater) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse, Crazykoala ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    VERTIGO ZOND Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 17)
    MODERATOR (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 9)
    MORAN (Repeater) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse, Crazykoala ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 17)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CC Weapon. (0 | 6)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I lost because I misdeployed Riot and one Moran and got dominated by Asawira link (I didn't realised they were HI and hackable). Riot actually did end up doing one objective (dragged the unconcious Zoe around), Prowler did his MI objective and I got around doing one or two more objectives. I lost by one objective, but it felt like I lost 5 to 0, I got completly destroyed by that link team and I was in LoL at start of 2nd turn.

I played another game of Countermeasures (there was a tournament in RL so people wanted to practise CM) vs JSA with this list:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    EVADER (Engineer) AP Spitfire, D-Charges ( | GizmoKit, TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 34)
    INTRUDER (Hacker, Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 38)
    PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 12)
    PUPPETBOT (BS Attack [Shock]) AP Marksman Rifle / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 14)
    REAKTION ZOND Heavy Machine Gun / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1 | 25)
    JAZZ Hacker & BILLIE undefined / undefined. (0.5 | 24)
    [​IMG] JAZZ (Hacker) Submachine Gun, Pitcher, Cybermines / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] BILLIE Flash Pulse, E/M Mines / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 6)
    ZOE & Π-WELL undefined / undefined. (0 | 44)
    [​IMG] ZOE (Hacker) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 19)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    VERTIGO ZOND Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 17)
    SECURITATE (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I won by one or maybe two points, but it felt like I was in control the whole game. Evader did the Sabotage while shooting down opponent or two and Intruder did the MSV objective. Puppets and Morans locked my opponent down and he really struggled to get stuff done. I also put the TR Bot in there, first time in N4, and it did good in combination with other roadblocks (because of HD+ losing the Supportware I didn't even think TR bot was an option in N4).
    Anyway, Evader AP Spit is way too good, and Puppets are maybe too tanky. I'd like to play Nomads how god intended them to be played: with Interventors, Prowlers, Intruders, Zeros and Morans in the midfield, Hellcats/Tomcats and 2-3 Morlocks; but I guess that won't win me much games in N4 ^^'

That 15 troop limit is really harsh for Hidden Deployment and Parachutists. One ARO Hiddne Deployment in second Combat Groop is OK, but sometimes having Prowler in first group feels like I'm missing an order.

#511 Zmaj, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  12. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I just wanted to chime on this... for me, and my years playing Nomads and CJC, THAT is what we do. We get obliterated, we stall, we blunt, we "cheat the system", we finish the game with 10 pts on the table... and we win the game. If you lost by one objective it probably means that one or two rolls going the other way or a couple more orders would have given you the victory.

Embrace the Nomad way. We are not MO or IA finishing the game with 270 alive points. We finish with 10pts alive in a lone Alguacile in the DZ and winning 8-0. This is the way.

Cthulhu363, loricus and inane.imp like this.
  13. Zmaj

Zmaj Active Member

Yeah, this is what happens almost every game to me too, but there is difference between those games: sometimes I get churshed and barely scrape up those objectives, and sometimes I'm steadily getting the objectives (and losing more and more troops) from round to round; but the end result is the same xD

How do you guys build lists for missions with Exclusion Zone? Or even worse, for the Confused Deployment ones? In normal missions I tend to take 2 Zeros almost always (and mandatory 2 Morans). In missions with Exclusion Zones I still take the Morans, but go light on other Infiltrators and take Hecklers more often then in missions without EZ. For Confused Deployment missions I have no Idea. I was just looking at Panic Room and don't have much idea how to build for it. How would you guys build a Vanilla list for Panic Room?

(sorry for spamming here again, but since I don't play often I usually get my Infinity fix in Nomads part of the forum and it's been a lil quite lately ^^')

14. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Well, for starters, I do play Corregidor so perhaps the advice will be less valuable to a Vainilla player.

That being said, my general strategy when playing with a exclusion zone is to check of there is a sliver that is NOT an exclusion zone. I can´t recall if ITS12 has this, but in many ITS11 missions with the Zones you still had a sliver of "ok" board between the central exclusion zone and the opponent DZ. I would then take a "sacrificial" Infiltrator (typically a Bandit, but a Zero Minelayer would be even better) or an AD troop that can walk in from THAT sliver of a board edge and caught people by surprise.

Other than that, troops that can punch a hole a move up fast to contend the midfield. We have some of the best available troops for that: the Geckos. Riott and Brigadas are also very good and fast to do this now.

So that is how I build a list for that: something that can punch up a hole, clear a tough ARO and then move upfield, preferably up a flank.

15. SpectralOwl

Usually I went with lots of Warbands (Impetuous, good trade behaviour, good CC for a busy midfield), a decent Heavy Infantryman or two to take the bulk of the combat, and a few SK types- usually Zeroes- to try and over-infiltrate into the bit outside the enemy DZ, since they can make a frightful nuisance of themselves from there with Shotguns, Mines or Suppressive Fire; your enemy will need every bit of Order efficiency they can muster, especially in Biotechvore, and digging a well-placed Marker out of their front yard is going to cost them time they don't have.

16. inane.imp

Double post

17. inane.imp

Bandits in particular are good for over infiltration. PH13, good CC and ADHl/Template gives good options.

loricus and Willen like this.
  18. Daireann

Daireann Well-Known Member

After some time I decided to get back to Infinity.
    I can’t leave it... (actually I have no reasons to do it)

I am not fan of plastic. Could you give me advices, is it possible to play Corregidor without rems and tags?
    I made a deal with a friend to buy a crimson stone nomads part. Hope, it would be useful) (I thought about YJ, but there are no adequate starter yet. So, don’t need anymore)

I would be happy about miniatures anyway. Esthetic part of this is on level.
    But Could you give me your thought about them? Thank you!

19. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

It is easily possible yes, even with very competitive builds.

Also there is only 1 REM that is plastic. Everything else, all TAGS all other REMs are metal. Also you can legally proxy a different metal REM as the plastic one.

The Crimson Stone minis are very useful to start with, they are designed to be.

Daireann likes this.
  20. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

@Daireann It may be worth talking with your friend and asking if they will be splitting the Crimson Stone Beyond box as well - this comes with Wildcat, Tomcat and the Vostok remote. Sadly it's plastic, but it's still a great way to get all these Corregidor models in one place. The likelyhood is that you will not see these models again for some time, and certainly not without having to buy the entire collection again as an Action Pack. This would resolve the issue of buying another S4 remote at the cost of it being plastic and having to find a split purchase of the Beyond box.

I put off purchasing Remotes for a long time as I never liked them, but I admit that they have grown on me and I just can't escape their practical use when everyone constantly recommends them. Mine will eventually be painted in a neutral colour scheme, as I refuse to buy repeated remotes across the armies when a set collection will do for all (so I cherry picked which versions I liked most to proxy as the S3 and S4 versions).

Daireann and Hachiman Taro like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation