1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little bit of 3D inspired by Infinity

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by FireFangs, Mar 1, 2021.

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Long story short, I took up 3D about a year ago.
    I was inspired to do this model when Cyberpunk was released. Infinity was naturally a big influence for it. Took roughly a month at a few hours per day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still a bit rough, I think. There are things that I'd change but I learned a lot. Keep an eye here if you like it, I'm in the process of making this into a more complete scene. Just don't expect characters in it yet!

Willen, Golem2God, Wizzy and 6 others like this.
  2. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Some progress on the next step, which is a personalized and detailed version of the PanOceanian Spitfire

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you see, a magazine and two types of sights. I have to rework the bullets though.
    For those that wanna know, exactly 30 bullets fit in that magazine.

3. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

We're getting there, friends!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

toadchild, Willen, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

That's looking great! Keep it coming.

I like the rifle has the semi-futuristic look but is very functional

stevenart74 likes this.
  5. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Very good, well done Pan-O Spitfire. . .

And especially NO REVERSE BANANA clips; even if the Hyperpower Guns are "Railgun-Launched Liquid Metal Ammo Shaped By Gravitic Coils, yadda, yadda, yadda. . ." written before, the inverted-comma Magazines have NO sense. .

More smart were "Bottle Shaped" Clips like those of the most old HMG Models. . .

6. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

The model has been made smoother and is pretty much finished. I might do some tweaks and additions though. Next step will be properly texturing it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

[​IMG]

Unwrapping proved to be a bit troublesome but it's almost finished. Here with preliminary colors. Once complete, I'm do a simple transport case for it.

8. stevenart74

The colour render choice of palette is simple, yet very, very effective. . .

As Spitfires are considered to be "Infinityverse" equivalent of LMGs and "Support Heavy Assault Rifles" (I think the Heavy Barrell AKR / AKM, the Kalashnikovs tranformed into Squad Support Machineguns, with Bipod, Large Stock, Reinforced Barrell and Oversized Banana Clips) would You also consider some Oversized Clips, or even the "Drum Cylinder Clips" that are used also on R4 / M16 and other N.A.T.O. ARs???

9. stevenart74

I think that as You have done it is almost as an FN-Minimi LMG that is not Belt-Fed but rather Clip-Fed (such as the one employed by Bucky Barnes, the "Winter Soldier of Marvel Cinematics" in Civil-War and Infinity-War); practical and easy to carry in Urban Combat / Spec Ops employ, sacrificing Magazine Size and Rate-Of-Fire. . .

Maybe we could consider this one a "Vintage Machine-Gun" for "Solid Cased-Ammo Nostalgics" (much like there are people nowaday that maintain and shoot perfectly functional Black Powder Muskets of the American Civil War era) of the Panoceanian Army and Paramilitary Corps. . .

As Ariadnan Guns and, in a very more limited fashion, SOME Haqqislamite Rifles fire Cased Ammo (as in the Concept Art those Haqq guns sports ejection port, cocking lever and release pins for solid ammo clips, TOTALLY insensate if these were "Liquid-Metal Hitech-Ammo Railguns") maybe this is for Panoceanian Operators that work on Dawn or Bourak, able to employ the kind of Firearms that their Training and Servo-Aim assisiting "Combat Geists", but perfectly capable of sharing Solid Projectile Ammunition with the Locals. . .

10. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I didn't consider that because this is meant to be somewhat of a customized version used by an OC of mine, but maybe I will. It's probably more compact than the normal spitfire too, I haven,t tested the size on a model yet. Either way, I didn't really go too deep in the lore for it, I more picked a gun I like and adjusted it to my taste!

Note on the bullets, they ARE caseless, actually.

stevenart74 likes this.
  11. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Alright, it's all unwrapped and ready to be textured. Here's the final bullet. The gun itself will be a bit weathered but largely new looking. Bullets are all new because who want to shoot old bullets.

[​IMG]

Koin-Koin and jherazob like this.
  12. stevenart74

But "Caseless Ammo" as in the now "Venerable" Heckler & Koch G11, Propeller-Less Bullet-Heads inserted in an High Explosive "Cartridge Housing" that was detonated inside the Gun Firing Chamber. . .??

Or, based on the fact that the Image You provided seems some sort of "Rocket Shaped" Mini-Missile, functions like "Gyrojet Self Propelled Ammo". . . . .???

Just Curious. . .

13. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I dunno, I found images of sci-fi caseless bullets and I more or less modelled my stuff after it. I guess they might be a bit self-propelled. It's sci-fi!

stevenart74 likes this.
  14. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

[​IMG]

Things continue to progress, I'm on to proper texturing now. Only the top part of the frame is done so far. I also made the former flashlight into a grenade launcher. Easier for me

15. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

[​IMG]

If all goes well, it should be done tomorrow! Magazine, sights and the other extra bits left

16. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Okay, okay, it's not the "Tomorrow" I claimed. But close enough.
    BEHOLD!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They still exist!
    [​IMG]
    Infinity Shooter
    [​IMG]

Willen, Oni, Danger Rose and 8 others like this.
  17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Gorgeous stuff!

Oh boy, imagine a NeoTokyo style game with an Infinity license ...

stevenart74 likes this.
  18. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

The next step is to first put the gun alongside the bike (expect that today, it's simple), then make a street where both will be placed. I'm going for a rich district cyberpunk look so neons and clean.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Well, I felt like doing it right away. With a temp poorly done street.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wizzy, SupersexyJohn, Uthoroc and 5 others like this.
  20. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Progress report, no pics. I planed the full display and I'm working on making the various props that will be present in it.

Feel free to discuss here by the way!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation