1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Token Sheet Creator - Updated for N4

Discussion in 'News' started by toadchild, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Really fascinated by the assembly methodology you're using to cut and construct - is it like a button maker?

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, I can look into that. Either using the logos by @Vyo again or pulling them directly from Army. There are also enough different tokens now that I think I need to add some additional organization to the page.

Lesh', Del S and Daniel Darko like this.
  3. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

yeah, indeed, how can I copy those results? :3

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Daniel Darko and Lawson like this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've added the beacon markers that Lawson sent me.

6. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

Thanks again to you both for all the hard work you’ve put in.

Lawson, toadchild and Space Ranger like this.
  7. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Hey @Vaulsc, do you know if anyone yet has converted the custom N4 token designs I made and that @toadchild has put into his token creator for Tabletop Simulator? If not, I'd be happy to contribute some work to getting that done - would like to give people (and by people I mean ME) the option of using them ;-)

Willen, Space Ranger and toadchild like this.
  8. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

@toadchild alerted me that there's a desire for updated Holoecho tokens for the 40mm Knight Sepulchre so I've put those together and they should be up on the token-designer shortly.

I also know that there's still an interest from some for Metachemistry and Booty Tokens. It's actually quite difficult to come up with all-new iconography for nearly 30 tokens and have it be both consistently designed and visually legible, particularly if you're using a type of token your opponent may be unfamiliar with. All the existing Booty/Meta tokens I've seen out there I don't love stylistically - and I haven't been too enthused on diving into a big design project that may or may not turn out well. However, for the sake of completion, I've put together something that at least fits in with the aesthetic of my other tokens - even if it doesn't differentiate the various results directly in the iconography:

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.24.29 PM.png
    Metachemistry is pretty easy to come up with an aesthetic for - what they may lack in icon variety, I think they make up for in visual consistency, which is a big thing for me. You can always look across the table and know someone has SOME metachemistry result (and even for those who have tokens with images on them that represent the metachem results, the text still needs to be there to explain what the effect is). Likewise, they take the place of a physical chart since they have the roll results on them (similar to others I've seen).

Booty was a bit more difficult to come up with. The word "Booty" makes me immediately think of pirates, so at first Ieaned towards a treasure chest look - though this felt a bit cartoony and inappropriate to the aesthetic and setting of the game. I then experimented with a backpack to get at the idea of scavenging, though a backpack is kind-of weird looking in silhouette. Finally went abstract and tried the familiar "recycling" symbol to get across the idea fo repurposed equipment, but it feels perhaps a bit too vague to me.
    Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.35.09 PM.png
    (note that these represent options for a single design, not multiple designs across the set of tokens)
    I'm not in love with any of them but I think the first treasure chest is the most 'readable'.

I tried some others like nuts and bolts and wrench (meant to suggest scavenging but it felt too much like it should be an engineering skill or something) and circling buzzards (implies scavenging but maybe a bit too obliquely) that I also wasn't keen on.

Curious to know if there are strong feeling either way about any of the above designs.

toadchild, Del S and Space Ranger like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

They all look good but I think 2 or 3 are more representative.

10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

I would put the skill name in black and metachemistry in grey (swap their colors, keep numbers in grey). Same with booty, as what matters is what you got (high contrast), how (meta or booty, D20 result) is secondary (low contrast).
    Agree, first chest is best so far. That or some kind of pirate symbol: skull and bones (alone? in flag?), pirate patch, skull with pirate patch...

11. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

How about a chest but distinctly of the Infinity kind? Like those tactical chests the female Irmandinho sits on, etc?

toadchild likes this.
  12. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I've gone back and forth in my head on whether it should be reversed as you say - on the one hand the ability being represented in the name makes the most sense to me from a consistency standpoint - on the other hand the more pertinent information on the game table is the specific ability, and so putting it right where its the first thing you read (especially in light of all the iconography being identical) might be preferable. I'll experiment with that in the next batch.

13. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

you have the Defiance card design to refer.
    And a set of boxes both in cardboard token and as scenery piece.

14. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like the new tokens.
    Just an idea:
    As for the icon depicting "booty" it could be an (open) safe. Maybe it even has a keypad - maybe it doesn't look enough like a safe anymore and needs the typical wheel... :thinking_face:

15. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

Okay take a look at this... still need to proofread everything but this reverses the text position as recommended by @Mob of Blondes and I created a graphical futuristic case/safe concept based on what @Nuada Airgetlam and @Daniel Darko recommended

10_METACHEMISTRY 4 (00000).jpg

16. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Nailed it.

Lawson likes this.
  17. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

These are awesome. Great work.

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Personally I'd prefer iconography depicting the actual Metachemistry bonus / Booty item, but it would be an unnecessary burden on your creativity, @Lawson - so these will do fine :)

19. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

II would go with a different style there...
    Lighter pict, BOOTY/METACHEMISTRY on the border, effect as big and readable as possible in the middle.

20. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Very good! I like it.

(Why do they have different colors?)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation