1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jingwei Mobile Enforcement Division - 2021/03/22 Full Colour

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Weathercock, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I think the idea was to differentiate it from the blue wolf, rather than creating a TAG that is more mobile, has better utility, and is better in CC than it at the cost of being just a little bit worse at shooting with the same gun.

Between the MK12 and the MSR it's billed as more of a precision weapon user rather than spraying a building down with the spitfire.

Savnock likes this.
  2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Okay, I can see that.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Savnock's post does remind me about a fairly important thing; a potential C+ TAG needs to avoid duplicating the weaponry of Su-jian, IMO a TAG-Jian isn't very interesting nor does it complement the sectorial/vanilla. I don't think an AP Mk12 does that, but an AP Spitfire or Heavy Shotgun would.

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

It will drag them into a battle chain-linked to its belt and than unleash them onto glued target!

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As an aside; if instead considering a TAG that's more inclined towards more civilized means of suppression in the form of the Riotstopper. With Kuang Shi as peripheral perhaps more suited for Celestial Guards, and without recreating a peripheral remote that already exists in other factions; how about a 6-4 MOV REM with Sensor, BioV and Adhesive Launcher as a "spotter" buddy? Yes, it doesn't fully synergise with the TAG in that the TAG doesn't have Sensor and the REM doesn't have MSV, but that'd half the point - the peripheral would be a lot more disposable than many peripherals in that way.

Paegis likes this.
  6. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

What if the Kuang Shi were replaced with Madtraps and baggage on one profile? The ultimate capture profile?

Space Ranger and Paegis like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Very well done man!

The only thing I absolutely don't like is the Kuang Shi, It doesn't make sense to have more political prisoners exploding after the so called public scrutiny. Kuang Shi are part of why the Uprising happened in the first place. Madtraps I can get behind or something totally new. Madtraps (+2)?

I don't think it needs EXP CCW but it's nice. DA is kinda the norm. E/M would be cool too.

Red fury (+1 B) or AP Spitfire makes a little more sense than the MSR. But it is pretty different.

BTW I went against a Maggie the other day with the Mine Dispenser and Baggage. WTF? It put down down 10 mines in one turn!

#27 Space Ranger, Mar 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Kuang shi are absolutely iconic. A tag carrying around synced up kuang shi would be insanely awesome.

Savnock and Knauf like this.
  9. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Iconic maybe but still doesn't make sense in a story capacity. You just had a huge insurrection and you double down by making more slave bombs? Like that wouldn't blow up in their face? Eh whatevs. Comic books.

Edit: Madtrap Dispenser! You can "shoot" out madtraps up to 18" away!

Paegis and Goorie like this.
  11. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

Sure thing! You just had a huge insurrection that's exactly the reason why you have lot of slaves to make bombs from!

atomicfryingpan and Sedral like this.
  12. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Just going to try to respond to a lot of points here:

I'd mostly pictured it carrying all weapons in hand, although I didn't bother going too deep into the weaponry because there is no current reference for a YJ MK12. A shoulder mount would get in the way of its CC functions, I feel.

In addition to attempting to make the design look a little more sleek and feminine as opposed to the standard YJ boot, the intent was also to pull out a little bit more from this old relic of a design (also notice where the visor came from):

[​IMG]

For the 2 Kuang Shi version, perhaps limit it to ISS only? I doubt it'd be overboard there, considering the state the faction's currently in.

As for the CC prowess, I do consider ISS to be a CC-oriented faction. At least, in a more ideal situation than they are now. Perhaps not as competently as they should be, but ISS is a faction that always struck me as wanting to get in close. I think the tools they need to make that competence relevant need to be stressed more, rather than draw the focus away from that.

Also, paging @Bostria , because the Discord really wanted me to. Also because, as a YJ player, I'd hope you'd at least enjoy it.

Did I make daddy proud?

Savnock, chaos11 and SpectralOwl like this.
  13. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I think this one is still current. It uses the trigger and receiver of the modern HMG/Spitfire

[​IMG]

14. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Don't think that getting their ass kicked made the ISS any wiser. Look up what's happening post-uprising on Kuraimori, the JSA territory which failed to secede and remained in Yu-jing (spoiler: the ISS turned it into a police state).

15. SpectralOwl

Eh, Kuang Shi work in this case. They were never exactly the face of the Imperial Service, since the point was to maximise their terror value when they were deployed anyway. Having KS work in tandem with a TAG designed for something closer to urban warfare than police work actually makes a lot of sense from that angle, slamming a wave of suicide bombers into the enemy line to soften them up for the relatively conservative armament of the TAG. I'd even consider the TAG proper being armed with a Chain Rifle to be better than the Riotstopper thematically.

Sedral and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  16. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Yu jing especially aren't nice guys and have no issues with it.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Triumph

[​IMG]

redeemer and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

(Also, I've begun work on some splash/action art, this time in my own style, as opposed to trying to copy CB's dossier style. It'll be a few days)

19. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

So if you're looking for a close-assault TAG, and playing to the strengths of ISS, maybe a Madtrap profile as others have suggested, instead of the 2x kuang shi profile. That plus an adhesive launcher would be pretty awesome, flexible, and characterful. The TAG isn't big enough for Baggage though. Just straight up Madtraps would be great.

I do think 2x peripherals don't exist on TAGs elsewhere because it's really powerful, probably too much for the points you want this thing to sit at. With those peripherals being also living bombs with Dogged which are not hackable, it's definitely OTT. One, you could get away with maybe. Two would be pretty swing-y and unfair to deal with from most opponents' points of view. One of the things about games design is you have to ask yourself how it would feel to be on the receiving end of a play option, nit just in the active player's position. 2x Kuang Shi would feel pretty unavoidable.

You've done some wonderful work here with the profile and illustration. I did notice the beak after you pointed it out, really cool work. Looking forward to seeing the action art.

20. Triumph

My question would be why do you think it's over the top? Kuang Shi can link for similar effect and become burst 2 chain rifles that can suicide into things and it hardly breaks the bank. There is also the offset that this TAG carries a less desirable gun compared to other TAGs, capping out at B3 compared to B4 or 5 TAGs.

I say fuck it, why stop at 2 give him 3. Hell I'd give the MSR the option of having Kuang Shi minions too.

#40 Triumph, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation