1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting Ariadna & Haqqislam

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Senyu, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Senyu

Senyu Active Member

So my regular opponent plays the titled factions, usually bouncing around their sectorials at his discretion. I'm getting zero hacker experience on the battlefield, but I'm learning lots of guerilla warfare. Starting as Yu Jing, I learned we are the jack of trades faction with a heavy flavoring of heavy infantry, and I've come to like it a lot. But despite the on paper advantages my units have, they still feel like paper mache to dudes that are under 20 points. Part of these losses are due to dice rolls in my opponents favor against all the odds, but most certainly due to me still learning the game even with now almost 2 years of playing.

So I ask this forum, how should I go about fighting these two factions? Any particular units that served you well against them, or strategies you like? And aside the complete lack of hacking experience, are there any other pitfalls I should consider when I someday fight other factions?

2. Someone

Someone Active Member

I play against Ariadne a bit and really like Lu Duan and Adil. This is mostly sensor, holo echoes and breaker rifle. But I’m mostly pointing this out as they help with camo and mines, if your having gun fight problems the breaker rifle is a good weapon but Adil isn’t a great platform for shooting on his own so you may want him linked.

3. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

My best friend was an avid and very good yu jing player for a couple years (top 20 player in the US during early N3, but left back to warhammer 40k when 8th dropped) and ive always played haqqislam against him and managed to hold my own pretty well. Things that he would use that worked very well were often monks, rui shi, hac tao, kuang shi, and the su jian.

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Any particular sectorials? There's a world of difference between vanilla, Hassassins, Ramah, and Caledonia.

E.g. against Hassassin you need to be mindful of a link saturated by Crane-level heavy infantry that's forward deploying with an MSV2 AP Marksmanrifle medium infantry in the same link, so you need to bring armour busting that doesn't target BTS and be prepared to face smoke shenaniganery worse than ISS in addition to what you typically find in vanilla Haqq (one or two Fiday, one to four Hidden Deployment Mimetism-6 Flammenspeers, and a bunch of Daylami with Panzerfausts).

5. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Monks - they trade upwards, they have 14 wip to discover impersonators and Daylamis and screen you from rambo units
    Kuang shi also trade upwards with anything that is not a Daylami in the midfield
    Guilangs - they stop the smoked-up runs of Zuleyka etc and can surprise the Fiday if he decides to get himself the smoke cover before going in
    Lunah easily kills anything that is left in the open if you keep her away from Mukhtar firelanes
    Rui Shi eats Daylamis for breakfast

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation