1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vido Gams!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by maru, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Stuffist likes this.
  2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

The thing about this that doesn't sit right with me is the media coverage.
    The core issue here wasn't a subreddit. It's the traders milking GME at 250% of the float with naked shorts. That's potential for infinite losses if more capital gets in on the other side, i.e. a rival firm or two.
    It was still fairly sane by then.
    The traders were essentially playing blackjack with no limits and kept raising and raising till they won.
    This is basically the first time the *bank* doubled down each time with them until they couldn't cover their losses by upping the stakes and trying again.

WSB mostly drew attention to that, rallied everyone behind an opportunity for bragging rights and to stick it to the man.
    There were some sound decisions (at high risk) behind opposing the short bets.

Well that was Monday. Tuesday is a different story.
    Reason went out of the window with some Billionaires feeling funny, Chamath during the day and Elon after market close, drew attention to this.
    Now it's likely another Tesla/Bitcoin lemming rush. This hasn't been just retail for a while now, some whales likely joined the fray a while ago.

I'm having so much fun with this atm. Some major Investment hedgefunds are about to crash and burn for trying to milk profits out of the market in a barely legal way.
    The lesson here is: Never, never go short, it's not wort the risk of infinite loss.

- None of this is stock advice, do not base your monetary decisions off anything I say. I'm not a financial expert.
    For anyone not already in it, this is a blast to watch from the sidelines.

----
    I'd prefer some Infinity news on what's coming next over this any day.
    Gonna take any entertainment I can get though, not complaining.

Dragonstriker and Mahtamori like this.
  3. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

4. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

So CA is a WHFB company now.
    I guess a friend of mine was right about real-world historical settings being perceived as snorefests. Anp probably poorly marketed in comparison, heh.

5. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

To be fair, they did not stop releasing "historical" games: https://www.creative-assembly.com

I don't know the balance in sold copies between fanstasy and historical, but I guess they would have stopped if it didn't meet their public.

Barrogh likes this.
  6. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Yes, it has been four years since TWW2 release and they made Thrones of Britannia, Three Kingdoms and Troy.
    Three Kingdoms in particular is a big game wile Thrones of Britannia is more akin of a "little" one in comparison to other TW series (more like big stand-alone extensions).
    I've not followed Troy much, but it seems to have a steady flow of content (Ajax and Diomedes being the lattest additions so far).

So, even if the Old World seems to be a big part of CA work (especillay thanks to the Mortal Empire system allowing to regroup all the TWW series together), their more historical games are far from dead.

Barrogh likes this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Is there a mobile game to give me the feel of infinity?

8. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

Russian public transport simulator Metro 2033 is free to keep on steam, in case anyone cares.

Barrogh and Del S like this.
  9. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

And the Redux version is like 80% off apparently.

10. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

X-com enemy unknown

11. Barrogh

Update on my experiences with Fights in Tight Spaces (in case anyone cares, indeed):

Finally managed to beat an entire run. So far I feel like general gist of my expectations from deck handling are met. Since it happens often that you need to play "combos", and if nothing else, combining an attack with movement that gets you somewhere that attack can be used is practically a combo, deck control cards (draw, return from discard, discard and redraw, retain hand etc.) and "enhancements" (draw +1 every turn, get an extra redraw on turn 1) do a ton of work. Duh.

Since this game doesn't often shit "status cards" into your deck (those usually come from taking unblocked damage from hits that will likely kill you long before you can amass serious number of statuses, especially later on; or from playing cards you shouldn't play anyway, probably), another approach may be viable - running a thinner deck with less deck control cards and token cornerstone card you want in hand often. The problem is, I'm not sure how realistic is to trim such a deck because it will cost you money, but you will still need upgrades, and it's questionable whether you will be able to accomplish various side missions (which is the main source of money) while having limited set of tools. And you still probably need to roll into those important cards, I guess.

I guess that depends on what exactly that specific soon-to-be small deck tries to do.

#891 Barrogh, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Ashtaroth likes this.
  12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

So, Twitch Prime gave Blasphemous for free, so i'm gonna give a try... (After 3 hours... OH, GOD; why i waited so long)

[​IMG]

redeemer, Mahtamori and jherazob like this.
  13. maru

maru Well-Known Member

so is this forum alive ??
    any way - Hellpoint on GoG for free in next 40 h somthing
    https://www.gog.com/game/hellpoint

and Control on Epig store tilt 17 th
    and Titan sould on Steam .. may be still for free

jherazob likes this.
  14. Barrogh

I mean, it's probably a typo, but I'm stealing this :P

15. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

It's Maru, i'm betting on 100% intentional :smile:

maru likes this.
  16. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Epaypig Store?

jherazob likes this.
  17. maru

maru Well-Known Member

no no Epig tencent lap dog store ;)
    beside "tell me Why" on Steam for free in next 24 h .. still - it is Donod .. Dodo ?? Dontnod ?? studio game so "Wife is Strange" game type adventure game with QWERT+ themes

and if you misse there was a Shadowrun trilogy for free on GoG .. but is no longer .. so pooop if you missed

Abrilete and jherazob like this.
  18. maru

maru Well-Known Member

a bit of games
    https://www.gog.com/promo/rerelease_ultima_underworld_and_syndicate
    Ultimas 1 +2 legendary RpG games from 90s and a Syndycate action tactical game from bullfrog - i play4ed this to death on Amiga and then on pc in 90 s - it was mind blowing game thous times and it mark you may c in a lot of new games

and on E Pig store - A Plague tale : innocence - damn good game worth to get and play
    and Minit - this is awkward but fun pice of small game - you got minute and then another and another - before youi die and respawn - why have you touched this cursed blade ? :D

19. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

What's that, it refuses to show for me? Is it some kind of remake/remaster, or just freebies that are hidden because I already have them?

20. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ultima unde world 1+ 2 (1992)
    and Syndycate plus (1993) and Syndycate wars (1996)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation