1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of rules questions about Prime Time.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Hecaton, Dec 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

1. It's only mentioned in the Basic Rules, but do all other players draw a Tactics card when an Aristo is sent to the bench? In addition to the tactic drawn at the end of the turn if you get 1 or more frags? Even in the full rules?

2. Since characters are sent to the bench immediately, is it possible for them to be fragged and then return to the Hexadome on the same game round?

3. If a character dies from a state where ownership is unclear (like having lethal damage in poison from two or more opponents) who decides who gets the frag? Does the Prime Time player decide the order or does the active character decide which of their states flip first?

4. Can players assign their Aristos to the same number in the running order in a 4 player game? There's extra restrictions on it in a 3 player game, but is there anything stopping it if the space is available in a 4 player game?

2. ZombieSashimi

ZombieSashimi Well-Known Member

I am sorry I don’t have the rules to check for sure in front of me now, but here is my understanding of them:

1. You only draw the tactic card at the end of the round if you scored one or more frags, you no longer draw a tactic immediately after a frag.

2. yes. Players are sent directly to the bench, so if they are activated later in the round, they return to the hexadome.

3. you do your best to track who has done what damage through states. If unclear the prime time decides who got the contested frag. (Want to double check this one, but pretty sure that is correct).

4. Yes. It literally happened in the demo game Corvus belli uploaded.

hope this helps you and enjoy your games. I haven’t been able to play a game of it yet, but seems quite a different beast from regular Aristeia!

3. Hecaton

Thanks @ZombieSashimi , especially for that last one, but I wish this was more clear somewhere.

4. ZombieSashimi

ZombieSashimi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the rule book seems a little rushed. I think the general game is solid, just the way they formatted and wrote the rule book. I found one of the English rules was written in Spanish, but luckily they had the exact same info the page previous in English. Poor formatting.

5. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

1. Yes, it's like in the new AGL4 rules. Only the player who did the frag draws one additional Tactic at the end of the round. Not all players. It allows teams with less "killer" skills to be playable. Notice : I think you can do frags using Crazy Koalas.

2. Yes. It's intended to fasten the game in multiplayer mod so that nobody is left aside while waiting for his Aristos to come back.

3. The player who has imposed the more States on the target is the one to get the frag, as written in the PT rulebook. So, if player A put X poison to Aristo D, and player B put Y burning to Aristo D and X>Y, then player A got the frag. If X<Y, player B got the frag.

4. Yes the restriction is only for 3 players. In 4 players mod, it can happen many players having their couple of Aristos on the same Turn of Activations.

Hope this helps a bit.

6. Hecaton

Where does it say this? And what do you do if it's equal?

7. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

How do "code: <audible> and "confusion" work in 3 and 4 player game?

8. JAGS

JAGS Member

For Question #1 the answer is: Yes. Every player draw a card whenever a frag is made. AGL 4 rules are something else, you can add them if you want to, but those are not mean to be use with prime time.

"Code: <audible>" can't be use just because timing doesn't allow it. But Confusion, I guess it should only be use on aristos from the same enemy player.

9. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

@JAGS no not every players draws a tactic whenever a frag is made. Just the one who fragged.

And there are basic rules where you draw immediately after the frag and AGL4 or PT rules (recovery phase):

• Draw Tactic. Each player draws one Tactic from their Tactics deck.
    » Players who earned at least one Victory Point during this Round, draw one extra Tactic.
    » Players who earned at least one Frag during this Round, draw one extra Tactic.

If your only frag was Taowu you are not allowed to draw a tactic for the frag.

10. JAGS

JAGS Member

Disagree. Page 5, english (also page 5 on the spanish one) manual. Tactics: "You draw a Tactic every time an Enemy goes to the Bench...".
    It doesn't matter who made the frag. Every one draw a tactic, except the one's who's been kill.

11. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

@JAGS if you RAW you are right. Thought otherwise first, since it seemed to have been copied from the 1v1 rules. This creates funny dynamics.

But intended it should be: The player who frags is the player who draws a Tactic.

#11 HarlequinOfDeath, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation