1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March-ING out of the Pandemic (hopefully) Releases

Discussion in 'News' started by colbrook, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

So... if TAG weaponry in all categories are denoted by primarily +1 DAM compared to man-portable versions... arguably the Yan Huo has a miniaturized portable version of TAG weapons, not real TAG scale. Plus, it not having a dodge penalty is kinda strange if you ask me (you didn't, I know, sorry) considering both it and the Azra'il have locking mechanism that HI like Mowang or Hac Tao doesn't have as part of the exoskeleton.
    Aren't Asawira armours bought from Pan-O companies? Ditto Maghriba?

2. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

the XPR-1 "beetle" TAG were licensed production TAG (artrfaktech and Bokböceği is mentioned in companies involved with them) on a quick glance through my book collection, the current XPR-5 are (somehow) retrofits of the former '-1' model.

dont know anything about the armor, sorry.

#242 dhellfox, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  3. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Nothing about Asawira, but Azra'il armors are licensed from Yu Jing’s Department of Military Support Technologies Development.
    It wouldn't be surprising that Haqqislam buy TAGs from PanO companies and heavy armors from Yu Jing ones.

4. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I can say you are right. I miss-read the CC as +1 Attack. That is NOT the case.

5. Mahtamori

I've gotten the impression that Yu Jing isn't necessarily developing cutting edge performance, but rather cut-cost production without compromises, but that the really really expensive bleeding edge stuff is often made by Pan-O companies where compromises only done to appease the laws of physics and not the budget.

Anyways, what I wanted to get at is that I'm not sure TAG weapons is a tight sector for any of the major powers, but the TAGs themselves is the difficult thing?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  6. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

"The hell's a TAG" - Ariadna, probably

I'm still hoping that at some point in the future Ariadna gets a proper tank using the vehicle rules that have been in the game for literally years.

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

You mean that "TAG level of weaponary" carried by some ordinary Ariadna mooks ?
    Or that Kriza is actually sporting more armament than KotHS ?

8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Everyone behold our new technological overlords from the backwater planet:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]1
    KOSMOSOLDAT AP Heavy Machine Gun(+1 Dam) / AP Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 45)

1.5 SWC | 45 Points

Open in Infinity Army

S2 guys carrying TAG level weaponary.

CA, Aleph, PanO and Yu-Jing makes tea from sausage water ^^

9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

And the new Shukash is a Haqq-improved version of a YJ light TAG. Haqq gets what they can get from wherever it may be, and make it theirs.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

If I remember it right (don't have the old books anymore), the original Maghariba TAG was a design by a PanO company Artefaktech, model XCR-1, nicknamed Bokböceği (beetle) in Haqq sevice. Because apparently there was no market for that model elsewhere, and Artefaktech sold the entire production line / license to Haqq government.

XCR-5 Akrep (scorpion) is not a retrofit of the old Beetle, but a new design / development in the XCR line. Again, if memory serves me, the Artefaktech company was effectively purchased by Haqq (I guess, including the design team) and put to work at developing the next generation Haqq TAG.

How does a Shakush fit into that narrative - I seriously don't know. I could, however, guess that once Artefaktech got enough experience with multi-legged, large TAGs, they were asked to design a smaller, lighter, more conventional (i.e. humanoid) one for the RTF. The possibility of Haqq some Praxis brainpower to assist them shouldn't be easily dismissed, either.

Mahtamori and Knauf like this.
  11. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

Nothing smaller than a TAG is carrying a MULTI HMG or HRMC at all - but I mean, I also think the Yan Huo deserves some tweaks. /shrug

Ariadna, 'tis a silly place.

Chaserabinov and SpectralOwl like this.
  12. Mahtamori

Well, if we put aside the unit and faction for a second; there is nothing about a MULTI HMG that says "TAG". There's far more impressive weapons in the Autocannon that you barely need an exoskeleton to carry and it's a small upgrade over an AP HMG that not only Ariadna and their frivolous Tesseum spending achieves and in the active turn the Shang-Jesus' AP+Shock HMG is more impressive even if the targeting computer is a bit milquetoast.
    There's a bit of a disconnect between rules and the story they tell and CB eventually fixed that when it came to the TAGs, is what I'm saying.

Dragonstriker and Paegis like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Confirmed as Widzew.

Chaserabinov likes this.
  14. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

The Shukash is a YJ light industrial TAG licensed by a Haqq company, and improved into a light combat TAG. That first generation was further improved, especially after catching the Old Man's eye, into the current one.

Errhile likes this.
  15. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

i got Bokböceği as i misread a passage about the failed Artefaktech's XPR-S in the rpg, my bad.
    (N1 doesn't talk about the beetle's origins) page 91 the N3 and N4 page 158 sorcebook lists the XPR-5 a retrofit. the below passage is from the war market supplement of the rpg's pdf:
    upload_2021-3-12_10-2-41.png

(edited post to streamline unnecessary info)

#255 dhellfox, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  16. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hey!

Today we have a live seminar with some nice previews and some announcements!

Don't miss it, live in twitch at 3:00PM CET https://twitch.tv/corvusbelliofficial and later, the pre-recorded seminar on our Youtube channel :)

17. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Dropsuit Taryot render time!

18. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Remote Race! Remote Race! Remote Race!

19. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Hello guys,

we’re really sorry but the live stream is cancelled due a big energy shut down in all our region.

The new date of the live stream is monday 15th at 3:00PM CET.

Sorry for the inconveniences caused V_V

20. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Will the seminar be going out this evening on youtube? No worries if not, just curious :) Hope your power comes back online soon!

Knauf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation