1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invincible Army list against TAK

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by deadllem, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Other factions don't have a hac tao NCO powered by a daoying and/or a kuang-shi swarm. And they don't have the guilang minelayer either.

Knauf likes this.
  2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Dunno man, I'm just glad MO got some new toys to play with and there's really nothing here I particularly miss in my YJ.

Teslarod, darthchapswag and Willen like this.
  3. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Yeah, as a hard fan of IA tbh, I am looking at MO to get a "different" way to run the HI lists. That is great in my mind.

Paegis and darthchapswag like this.
  4. Someone

Someone Active Member

Hundun mixes in with that nicely as well. Just need some more models of it.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Should probably be it's own thread. But yeah. Stealth and Veteran on Top of BTS9. FU Yan Huo!

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely should be its own thread but a) I know I posted one last autumn and didn't find it nor really want to necro it and b) Yan Huo being crap is not really a hill I want to die on because it kind of doesn't matter all that much.

Chaserabinov, Willen and Space Ranger like this.
  7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

[​IMG]

15 orders, 6 Impetuous, 2 Lt. Orders with NCO and Counter Intelligence.

This includes 2 monstrously optimised HI attack pieces, good infiltration units, DZ protection, smoke, hidden deployment and a safe Lt. Hidden behind marker state as well as mines.

This isn’t unbeatable by any stretch and just cooked this up in 5 minutes but if you’re not able to make YJ work, then that’s on you.

Yu Jing is a fine army, it’s in a good spot and managed shockingly well despite how terrible it sounded to have a 15 model order cap on YJ (RIP ISS tho... that army did NOT survive that transition).

8. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

The usual suspects coming out of their holes to relitigate their old griefs in the face of new content is as unsurprising as it is exhausting, but it's a new low to hijack someone else's thread just to whine about a completely unrelated army's new troops.

Sedral, Willen and Solar like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Ah look, it's you again. Since I am basically the only one making direct comparisons, I'll just go ahead and point out that your troll effort deserves only an A- for effect since you failed to actually read the post you tried trolling and tried to use transitive properties on other people having an opinion, even though it's correct that we're hashing out old stuff I should point out that I'm being very generous and not docking points for unoriginality.

However, if that's something the rubs you the wrong way, you may simply want to avoid reading any forum of people's opinions, 'cause if there's one thing you'll find on all sub-forums then it is re-hashing old grievances in the hopes of their pet sectorial getting a re-make... which won't hap- oh wait... MO just got a re-make. Run for the hills, Miraclebutt, the flood gates have been opened and the salt water flood of complaints will surely be coming in from all factions!

Amusedbymuse likes this.
  10. Moxie

Moxie Well-Known Member

Random on topic thoughts.

If his bring wolfs, and sticks the controller in a reachable spot its now worth going for her to shutdown the team now.

A lot of the time against TAK the camo is going to be nothing, this is different form vanilla or USARF as they will have way more stuff under each camo token. Therefore discovering any token left in the open can very easily be a waste of orders.

TAK has mimitism on almost all its action pieces so MSV lv1 is really needed to tip things in your favor early. A Lu Duan is great as it can run out turn one and trigger mines and dare them to ARO with one of their valuable aro pieces or risk getting some part of their fireteam damaged.

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant mostly our Sectorial, Vanilla is of course still great

12. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Can you please stay on the topic?

13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Yes, because beyond aesthetic IA offers choices I do not get from other sectorials.

Mahtamori likes this.
  14. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

Lu Duan is a great budget shooting piece against any kind of camo heavy army, I agree. I really like Lei Gong (either solo or in a link) as a durable alternative too.

As a bit of a dark horse, I think Hulang are also pretty effective as well. Anecdotally, I played a game where I managed to dance my Hulang into his link and lay out a LFT template on top of most of them. Obviously won't happen every game, and sometimes your opponent just hoses him down with an AP rifle or something, but the combination CC, Mim-6, and Koalas means a TAK player has to get creative in dealing with a dug in Hulang, and being creative takes orders.

15. Mahtamori

I've recently played a bit of TAK so while my experience with playing them isn't vast, I don't think I speak out of my arse when I say that while Antipodes are now very good units, they have some serious shortcomings. Hear me out.

Antipodes are hard to hide, they are not too difficult to discover, they have nearly no defence versus shooting, and they have no range at all of their own. Add in that I, personally, tends to flub CC rolls and... well...
    What they're useful for, however, is waste orders. Boy do they waste orders.

So in the case of IA playing against TAK my best advice are these;
    1. You must have units that can discover without compromising shooting responses nor dropping camo. This typically translates to remotes. Consider bringing full AVA Yaozao!
    2. Mines work on them quite well.
    3. Antipodes depend on numbers, every one you can ARO down will drastically reduce their threat.
    4. Template weapons are your friend.
    5. They're actually not too far removed from Yu Jing's baseline CC competency.
    6. Kill the Spearhead Dead. It'll remove the Spearhead Marker and make them unable to ARO.
    7. While you're busy remembering all of this, their Scout has killed half of your troops and their Vet Kazak has pushed the central objectives. Any plan you device to deal with those threats will likely accidentally deal with Antipodes.

16. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Also, like most of Ariadna, the majority of their ARM is 1-2 and BTS 0. The Combi rifle is your friend. Things like HRMC is great for the burst but overkill on the damage. You can save points and SWC on things like Red Fury. While I love AP HMG Shang Jesus, he's not needed. A multi-rifle Shang Ji is just as good.

Anything going against BTS is good too. Breaker, Nanopulsars, E/M mines, etc.

Mahtamori likes this.
  17. deadllem

deadllem Member

Thank you a lot for all your advice :)
    You gave me a lot of things to think about. I will probably play again against TAK next month and I will consider all these possibilities.

Space Ranger likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation