1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praise to the Lord! - The Orders Are Coming

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Mar 1, 2021.

1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Yeah, again, I am aware it might be. The strongest argument is actually that it is unusual for Pan-O. Not how its structured. Because most of Nomad muscle fibers dont look like colored or metallic muscle, they look like something else. YuJing and JSA are different but closer to this. Aleph and CA etc etc. I would just like some sort of official something from CB.

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

All (or almost all, I dont have time to go through every single PanO HI) PanO HI troops have "standarized" parts of their armor/lower leg pieces.

Except those nuMagisters who also have had Hyperdynamics.
    You still apparently don't get that those were panzerfausts:
    upload_2021-3-9_22-27-45.png
    upload_2021-3-9_22-28-48.png
    upload_2021-3-9_22-30-4.png

Lesh', Hecaton and Judge Dredd like this.
  3. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It was easier to retcon than to give the Aquilla guard a slight bit of flexibility. Couldn't let PanO have that.

Stiopa likes this.
  4. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I had no doubts about the old magisterium, but you see that magnet looking thing on the Aquila's shoulder, that's been seen else where was thought it was some sort of equipment. I dont remember what cause the argument was years old now.
    That was what I recall as well.

5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well afaik it was lost in N2/N3 transision.

It's hard to change models once they are released ;P And CB also have some records of sculptors working on not-up-to-date requirements ;P

Again the part of the model is obvious, it's less obvious if they should have this or that equipment rule-wise.

6. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

Shoulder pzf minis were the best things about MO, the perfect mix of brutality and stylish tech

7. Thule

Thule Active Member

I’m finding old magisters and gluing their mini-panzers to the new ones’ arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wuji likes this.
  8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Ironman-esque, very cool, when he weaves that Tank round and micro missile's the tank, if you really do this conversion, I have to see it!!

9. Firellon

Firellon Optimising underdogs

Well, Pano used to be famous for being able to miniaturise and optimise things, being able to compact bulky Panzerfausts into the tiny shoulder pads, being able to get ARM5 HI with TAG-level precision on S2 silhouette, making absolute fun of all the other's factions TAGs with their extreme high tech (sans Aleph and CA TAGs).
    Nowadays, it feels like they took a few steps back with things like Boyg, Sepulchre Knight, these tubular Pzfs on the new magisters, etc. Let's just compare:

Sleek and cool Magisters of the past:
    [​IMG]

Fat and bulky Magisters of the present:
    [​IMG]

And... I guess, Magisters of the future?
    They even look like they wanted to have the shoulderpad Pzfs, but decided to stick with the tubes after all:
    upload_2021-3-9_23-18-1.png

Zelaponeepus, yoink101 and eciu like this.
  10. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

My hope is that someone makes these and at least one pano helmet into an stl file for 3d printing. They'd immediately have my money

11. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Boyg is definitely a bummer because it's S5 that's worse than most other PanO HI in stats for size and cost, but the KotHS might as well make sense if it is really powerful to make up for the size. The Gamma, for example, is an S5, but has the rules that make up for that. And O-12 is as high tech as PanO from what I understand.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  12. Firellon

Firellon Optimising underdogs

Is there actually that much difference between Boyg and Gamma in terms of rules though?

upload_2021-3-9_23-41-29.png
    upload_2021-3-9_23-41-44.png

Overall, it's fairly self-evident that the design ideas for both are about the same: a tanky roadblock that can both stand its ground in cover and attack on the active turn thanks to the improved burst.

The real difference is that Gamma just for 7-8 points more does 3 key things better:
    1. Move 6-2 instead of 4-4 - for better Ramboing
    2. +1 extra Armor and NWI for improved survivability
    3a. HMG instead of Mk12 - while the same in terms of damage, extra Burst and Distance are vital for our Rambo
    3b. Similar thing with Feuerbach vs ML - what matters is that Feuerbach with Burst 3 is simply better for winning FtFs in the active turn.

Otherwise, it's pretty much the same unit, isn't it?
    Yet we have to acknowledge that Boyg lives in the context where literally any other HI can do the same thing as he does, especially Knight of Justice. Meanwhile, Gamma isn't being outshined by his 0-12 comrades as much, so obviously gets more spotlight time.

I just hope that KotHS can offer something different than these two or the Daiyokai, but wouldn't realistically think so.
    That "Chunky shooting brick" territory is where S5 HI belongs at the moment, I'm afraid.

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Really now? who does not like the name Trinitarian Tertiaries?

14. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I know right?

But I've dredged up a few in my FB rants earlier today.

15. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Boyg and Gamma fulfill the same role but in different ways and depending on the circumstances the Boyg can have higher survival than the Gamma. But people prefer their heavy badass going down swinging like McGregor rather than winning like Mayweather...

16. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I remember the kerfuffle about the new Aquila sculpt, but I don’t remember the unit ever having a Blitzen.

chromedog likes this.
  17. Thule

Thule Active Member

From what I heard, and this is hearsay, it would have had some kind of panzerfaust-style disposable, but CB changed the profiles and neglected to tell their sculptors. They then proceeded to approve the design, and build the production line for a mini that's modeled with a gun it doesn't have.

18. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

This. The father knight was one of the few arm 5 heavy infantry, and with bts 9. Then the Swiss and Aquila are obviously elite. The boyg for me is especially disappointing because it represents...nothing. There’s nothing elite about it, despite the fact that it’s such a big model. Even just giving it an AP hmg would give the boyg a place.

#338 yoink101, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    AdmiralJCJF and Zelaponeepus like this.
  19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I guess people can hide other models behind the Boyg...

20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Aight, listen, at least give the new Teutons some EXP CC weapons instead of DA so that can be their jam if you're taking away their sweet streamlined panzerfausts.

yoink101 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation