1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praise to the Lord! - The Orders Are Coming

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

One of our biggest complain was overlapping, if I remember well. You have already a Spitfire with the Crosiers, the Santiago and the KoJ, all of them linkable with the Teutons. I'm ok if you ask for something like a light rocket launcher or a grenade launcher, though, but make your mind.

2. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I think everyone here is totally looking past some obvious similarities and then also some obvious areas of excellence. Also, not down playing anyone's concerns, but we're all looking at fractions of a whole so some of this fear is.. misguided. MO is shaping up to look like half JSA and half it's own creature.

The similarities should be obvious. All the Knights are a combo of BS and CC competence with varying techniques of delivery. This plays out well to MO being slightly better at shooting and having the long range weapons to prove it than Samurai where Samurai have BS and CC flipped. Likewise the CC weapons for the Samurai will be better. The delivery methods for Knights are similar to Samurai.

The new Teutons will have Berserk (+nothing) but will also have MA, it's obvious. Which is not expensive. They also are going to have link options that will make them not need a gun fighting weapon as they will be the defense and the cheap filler. And in Vanilla they will be excellent corner guards because they will undoubtedly be no more than 20 point without the ML. They are basically Tanko, likely a Haris and likely nice link options.

The name change for Cruisers and Trinitaians while sucks to some is also good for players who know they used to be OS. It's just easier to remember something entirely new than to remember what has changed. It also gave CB an opportunity to roll some new designs. With PH 10 and BS 12, are Trinitarians not cheaper more efficient than Ninja. Lose the focus on CC put points cost elsewhere in the faction, more like standard skirmishers and other factions. With a CC emphasis on HI which the delivery method is forcing the enemy to take cover or just charging forward despite taking a wound as HI Knights would.

Also, an unlinked KotHS will kill anything given enough orders in the active turn, unlike a linked Daiyokai, will be just as good in CC as a Daiyokai discouraging all but monofilament users due to ARM and wounds values, and in SupFire will rule 1/4 of the table at a time. The smaller S value also means it's easier to conceal than a TAG. Every faction with an S5 is going to be jealous of this thing.

I'm certain once profiles roll out, everyone is going to want this box.

Firellon likes this.
  3. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

when talking about JSA VS MO one word should be on top of everything: stealth.

Lesh' and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

<shrugs>
    Again depends. Trimming out spitifres to replace them with something else in MO is probably a way to go, but that depends of what will MO get in it's place. I remember being annoyed that some of the list in N3 were made so that you kinda had to take Teuton Spitfire instead of FK/Santiago because the latter were priced especially not to fit in few lists.

It's same with nuTeutons dossier showing no Hyperdynamics. It's worrying in the current paradigm, but knowing that there (should be) a lot of changes it depends. We will see tomorrow.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Did I see that profile right? the HotS has a multi marksmanrifle? Holy shit!

6. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Some Knights might get it, I dont expect all but really. MO order doesnt need it when they can shoot the shit out of everyone too. I am certain at least half the knight will have MOV 6-2. This will all a Knight to run around a corner and the opponent will have to choose shoot (get outshot or CCed if they are better) or Dodge (which again Shot or CCed, dealer's choice.

7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

No dossiers have ever shown skills. They just show weapons and art.

8. Elessar

Elessar 80stalgic console cowboy

Actually I fear it's the other way around, and that's why I have already pre-ordered because I don't want that tomorrow disappointing profiles (as CB has always gone with all MO iterations to me) will spoil me the joy of new shiny toy soldiers.

9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

That's one way to go about things. Here's hoping you're surprised right?

Here's hoping Teutons are a nice combo as I've said. CC22 MA2 Berserk ARM BTS3 BS 13-14 PH 13-14. AND most importantly 20pts>=...

10. Firellon

Firellon Optimising underdogs

This seems to be exactly where it's going. With the new CB's army standardization doctrine, MO's new motto will be "JSA without exotic tricks, but on the other hand, BS isn't garbage". While we may not be all satisfied with those changes (as it's sort of flavouring of existing stuff), it will be workable.

* Jealous Daiyokai noises *
    But seriously, who needs an MMR if you have an AP HMG of Dam 16?

Alright, but how much will that be worth if Teutons lack any reliable way to get themselves into CC?
    As far as I recall, there was a need for something like Eclipse Smoke Launcher for them to work out as close-combat beasts, right?

wuji likes this.
  11. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

But hyperdynamis were often visible on armor.

12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

A Biker Knight and an AD Knight are equivalent delivery systems to Yojimbo and Oniwaban though, which are tricks in themselves.

haha exactly, but I do like the Diayokai where he is too

Where MO lacks in smoke, it makes up for in BS. That brute force can deal with most threats, and if there is an Avatar or a Swiss on the Table, it will likely just take more orders from the KotHS or a linked HMG which there will undoubtedly be. And a last ditch effort from a Santiago waiting in the wings. If not to outright kill the hard ARO then to lock it up.

#312 wuji, Mar 9, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Firellon likes this.
  13. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'll wait for you to show me that...

Unless you're referring to the shoulder thing alot of people thought was the panzerfaust cause once upon a time Yaogat sculpts and One other Pan O artwork had visible shoulder mounted Panzerfausts like Ironman or the Predator... I've never seen any artwork or sculpt with anything visibly identified as hyperdanimics equipment. I may have been out of the game a few years but I always checked back and I've been playing since the beginning of HS.

14. Pinky

Pinky Well-Known Member

Even the terrible ancient Panzerfaust got copy pasted

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

nuMagister had visible Hyperdynamis elements on their armor.

(similar to old Santiago's 0-G boosters and their 360 visor)

16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Yeah man like I said, I'll wait for you show me.

17. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

He does. And (in my often wrong opinion) I could very easily see the KotHS getting a BS Attack (Dam +1) mod to make it nastier. And on the Heavy Pistol as well? FUN.

18. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Magisters had the added artificial muscles on the back of their legs to show the hyperdynamic.
    Something that other PanO HI don't have if I remember correctly.
    [​IMG]

eciu and Skoll like this.
  19. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

That does look cool, and that might actually be what those are but I do have to play devil's advocate since elsewhere in the game synthetic muscles doesn't necessarily equate to hyper dynamics. Did CB say that's what these things were. And yes I am aware of what I'm saying but we were told things were not panzerfausts on shoulders when it was like what could it have been then...

I do wonder, if this is for hyperdynamics, why only the calves, it should be all over their body if some one dodging. Like throwing a punch or a kick it's a whole body movement.

20. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Those aren't the usual synthetic muscles. Usually they laid over armor or exoticskeleton. These are bundled up.

Lesh' and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation