1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praise to the Lord! - The Orders Are Coming

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Well, quite mixed feelings here too. I really like the Montesa (it's not 2 helmets, it's just one helmet with two main parts put together by screws) and it gives him a Halo feeling I like. And the bike is just gorgeous (the artwork doesn't do justice to the actual mini).
    The new KotHS made me laught. It's PanO miniaturisation, which we are proud of, but in the most cringiest way because he just looks like some Atek work, but miniaturised. He is sitting exactly between the O-Yoroi and Achilles, which I find somewhat good and hilarious at the same time. Really curious about the profiles.

Knight commander and KoJ are ok. Those poses are quite common but functional, so no problem.

No helmet for the Coadjutors is a bit of a shame. I liked the fact that Order Sergeants were with full armor and helmets. But I like their armor. Reminds me some other Sci-fi armors I've already saw elswhere (Mass effect, I think). Not a special fan of the Black Nun posing but not something too bothering.

I really don't like the new Santiago armor design, on the other hand. I was ok to see him being bulkier than the old N2 minis, but here, it lost some of its old charisma without getting more in exchange. A real shame. Though, I really like the pose.

I don't know what to say about the Lazarus girl. I think the standard is a bit out of place in a game like Infinity. Would it be in 40k, it would have been gorgeous, on the other hand.

RolandTHTG and Lesh' like this.
  2. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well the lack of helmets for CB might be a way to make an army more visually attractive (by breaking down the homogenisation of "dudes with helmets in armor").

Obviously some people like more "uniformed" look and other don't.

Also on KotHS topic: if they had not removed the old KotHS from the shop I would seriously theory craft that the gameplay idea for him was to unmount often from his TAG carrier/chassis and work in similar way to bikers.

AdmiralJCJF and Nurambar like this.
  4. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Everything about MO is already silly enough, but it just looks weird when he puts on what looks like a modern motocross helmet (which aren't very bulletproof) on power armor. As people have pointed out, the white makes it look like he literally has two helmets on. When you're clad head to toe in servo-powered future tech armor what's that extra helmet going to do? I'm not complaining that it looks unrealistic, I'm complaining that it looks dumb.
    The model is like a perfect ice cream sundae with a turd instead of a cherry on top.

miguelbarbo84 and LaughinGod like this.
  5. chaos11

I don't mind the idea of the flag on the doctor, it's just far too chunky (which is a material thing i'm sure but still looks weird) and i'm getting more of a Greek feel from the spearhead than anything.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I.
    Love.
    That.
    Santiago.
    (Including the tactical junk, to pull that pose off)

Rest of the stuff is great too.
    Was very concerned about the Montesa after the box art (and you can't paint the helmet like that, making it "2 helmets" looks stupid). Pose is great and I think that guy deserves a Halo Masterchief paintjob/conversion.

KothS S5 HI being a mini manned TAG in the the fluff is precisely what makes sense to have S5 in PanO. Very, very happy about that approach. It's "new", it's definitely high tech and it doesn't break anything gameplay related since it's most likely just a S5 HI in the mechanics.

The Infirmarer with that clunky banner is the only bad egg.
    Bad at CC yet waving around a Sword? Check.
    Stupid pose? Check.
    Tactical Rock? Check.
    Does the Banner gives anyone else 4th edition Warhammer High Elf Spearman dejavue?

Assuming weapons are still colour coded - Knight Commander has another Mono CCW. Lets hope he can actually use it and it's not bloat unlike for the Infirmarer. Santiago and KoJ have blue swords which fits since they both have DA CCWs.
    That leaves AP CCWs as green for Black Friar and KothS. Damn shame but the big boy is probably not going to be very useful in CC (that AP HMG is nice compensation and I'm fine with that).

Now just the rules need to be good and we're all set.

7. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Woah man, easy there. Have some realistic expectations.

Zelaponeepus and yoink101 like this.
  8. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

can't wait for Wednesday either

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

The pose is good.
    But the model lost a lot of what made it unique and interesting. There are no 360 visor cameras visible. There are no propulsion jets for 0G movement. It looks like more bulky ORC with a sword attached to the side :(

yoink101 likes this.
  10. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

I mean, Rome is Greece adjacent, surely?

11. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Where do these knights, which are inspired and named after medival knightly orders have any connection to rome? Just curious.

12. Ayadan

Well, Rome is the city where the old Vatican is located. Each of those orders where approved by the Vatican and the Pope to have the right to exist during the old crusades.

AdmiralJCJF and SockLobster like this.
  13. chaos11

Medieval Knight weaponry didn't look Greek or Roman though as far as I know. It's not a big deal anyway, just the spearhead looks a little out of place to my historical laymans eye.

14. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

it does look a little out of place, but my only problem with it is that it is very girthy and trunky

15. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

That's probably a concession to make it more stable, but even then it's going to bend at the slightest touch due to the huge lever. Not sure how I like that, especially combined with that flimsy sword on the opposite end of the miniature. She'll need a display case just for herself :P

I definitely prefer the sword solution on the Santiago.

16. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I dunno, I'd say the Pano TAG situation is a lot better than fine. Remote Presence is what makes TAGs. Sure, anyone can throw in a cheap piloted TAG now (even Hassassins do it well), but if you want to build your list around a TAG that will dominate the table, Pano is the faction to do it.

(or CA or Aleph, but their TAG options are a lot less interesting than Pano's IMHO.)

17. Ayadan

I begin to think of surnaming the KotHS "Chonky". If the unit is still good in CC, you would be able to say "oh lawd he comin" each time you send him to cut something in two.

18. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

this banner is an hard "nope" to me
    I will not say it, but we all know what it look like it came from ..

for the KotHS I will wait to see the rule, I hope there is a reason for this atek heresy

19. chaos11

Yeah, that is the bigger issue for me.

20. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Me too.
    I’m very impressed with the sculpt because I feel like it tells a story.
    To me, it looks like he’s pulling his sword in order to stab the person he’s just about to immobilise with his hacking.

Perhaps I’m reading too much into it, but it’s such a refreshing take rather than the traditional “pointy hacking fingers” sculpts.

Inspiration from the famous painting by Eugène Delacroix, ‘Liberty Leading the People’?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation