1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tx weird weather?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by wuji, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

This is for bacteria, the real silent killer between in microbiology. What do medical professional tell you if you get a virus, wait it out and treat the symptoms. If its bacteria, treat the cause. I know you wanna be right on this, lots of people do. And I wish I was wrong. Cause what does all this mean. These are hard facts. Again, false positives are crazy high and other viral infections reported just dropped off the face of the earth as if it didnt exist anymore. What does anyone do with that kind of info. Its not like anyone here actually asked me to show them any of that, everyone was too enthralled in their vile.

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You're correct that we can't directly treat COVID - we treat the symptoms, such as respiratory problems, that can be fatal in too many cases. But in order to keep hospitals from being overcrowded, which happened for example last spring in a number of cities and continues to happen in places, we need to control the spread. And this is done with masks and social distancing.

If you just sent everyone in the world into a single room to get exposed at the same time (hyperbolic example, I know), the pandemic would be over faster, because everyone who survived would have a decent amount of natural protection from their previous exposure. However, a lot of avoidable deaths would occur, because the health care systems of the world would be completely unable to contend with that many sick people at once. If we do what we can to slow the spread, the "everyone who survived" number will be a lot higher.

3. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Even Fauci said there is no recorded case of anyone being an asymptomatic carry. This virus and likely most viruses need the person to exhibit symptoms in order spread. And as far as getting vaccinated, its too experimental for me to suggest anyone that its safer than the virus itself. There's been a ton of reports of injuries and deaths. On top of that Vaers historically only reports less than 10% of all adverse reactions of other vaccines so we wouldnt really know the number of adverse reactions including death till likely years from now. It's just too experimental. And instead of using viral dna and adjuvant which is supposed method of immune stimulation of the past. This thing is going in and rewriting your DNA... theres just something that doesnt sit right with me about that. Nobody knows what's it actually doing or if it can mutate or cause an autoimmune disease. I have read alot of people have gone into anaphylactic shock and some have died that way.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Some cases are pretty mild; I'm not going to split hairs between whether a person has symptoms they don't really notice or pay attention to and if they are truly asymptomatic. The point I was making is that while some people get so sick that they have to be hospitalized, others are able to maintain a fairly standard daily life, and those are more likely to casually spread the virus to those around them if people aren't taking proper precautions.

I've had quite a number of vaccines over the course of my life and have never had a severe negative reaction. The COVID vaccine (or vaccines, since there are several that work by different mechanisms), like many vaccines, can cause some basic flu-like symptoms, because that's just your immune system kicking into overdrive. As soon as I'm able to get access, I'm definitely going to get it. Even though I'm fairly sure I already had COVID (see previous post), I want to maximize my chance of having a good set of antibodies that will prevent future reinfection.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

That's a completely inaccurate interpretation of how mRNA vaccines work.

Your own DNA is not changed; the mRNA tells your cells to make a specific COVID protein, but cells have a lot of mechanisms in place to ensure that mRNA is not incorporated into the DNA in the cell's nucleus.

6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

#66 toadchild, Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    RobertShepherd likes this.
  7. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

TC, you've kept your calm, makes you better than everyone else here, I'll give you that, but I can tell your beliefs are still running your end of the conversation because even though I mentioned I could show you more data, you didnt ask me to. No interest to expand. That's a belief issue. Don't take it personally, it's not an attack, just observation. You werent interested in anymore info from legit sources. Done deal.
    You're right, I did say that too quickly. But if it's supposedly not changing DNA so you continually produce cells that are immune to the virus and its not introducing any material from the virus for the body to learn to recognize and learn how to fight, how exactly is supposed to make you immune to CV?

I dont knownthe answer to that but that's a question I'd ask. The way I ask questions is, how can this hurt me? I assume it can go wrong first, so I can look from that perspective. Then I look at it from how can this go right. I wanna read the most extreme opinions on both sides of the spectrum. This will help me ask important questions. If you're getting vaccinated, and I kind of like you, I'd say just do some reading as I've described.

I'll leave with this, most people, most animals, learn 3 ways. Repetition, emotional attachment to an action/reaction event, and observation. That emotional attachment can be pain, emotional or physical. That is what some people would say is the hard way, sometimes you choose it, sometimes its thrust upon you. Pain is a great teacher.

8. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'll actually read these. But tomorrow, it's late. And I'm thoroughly done with thread. I provided enough info, actually. I dropped one more bit and bur I'm really not gonna do this anymore. Even you didnt get curious, you were still on your belief. I hate that quote an intelligent mind entertaining a belief etc etc. I was really hoping you'd pull out of it.

9. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

Anyways, here ya go...

Taken strait from the CDC itself. Week 52 of each year. There are similar reports from the UK and other sources.

Screenshot_20210119-115043_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-115107_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-115021_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-114838_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210131-114117_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-115043_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-115107_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-115021_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210119-114838_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210131-114117_Chrome.jpg

Golem2God likes this.
  10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Sorry if I looked like I was talking past your information. I'll definitely take a look at your links. You're right that it's getting late, though.

My immediate answer to why the flu is down is that it's also a respiratory virus that spreads via viral particles shed in the spittle and mucus. Masks and social distancing work, and it's severely hampering the spread of flu in addition to COVID. Ever since SARS (another coronavirus), there have been a number of Asian countries where it's just the norm to wear masks every flu season, whether you're sick or not, and it's pretty well documented to help prevent getting the flu.

11. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

I'm not saying any of this means one thing or another. I'm just saying all of this happened at the same time. Its dumb people, smart people, a little bit of one and a lot of the other who knows

I'm done though, I could shared more but I'm just tired. Everyone doesnt want to think of themselves a certain way. But how would anyone be able to tell...

12. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

That's a great response, but it wasnt a question which would have gave you more answers. Respond from the assumption something is wrong and you'll have more questions. Like, what are the reported co-morbidities from the CDC for all CV deaths. Or what is the standard cycle threshold for PCR tests to prevent false positives and what was the number of cycles that were being run? Why did Fauci admit to false positives? ( video). Why did Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR test, say years ago Fauci doesnt know medicine and has his own agenda and that they are trying to misuse his invention and it will turn up positive for just about anything? (Video).

Now I'm done. Good luck to anyone who reads this.

13. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

This has gone pretty full on into QAnon style recruitment territory. @Koni @psychoticstorm this thread has actual likelihood of causing harm.

14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I don't in any way deny that false positives or false negatives exist. They are a natural consequence of how these sorts of tests function and are present in essentially every medical test that we have. To be absolutely certain in a lab test, you generally need to run multiple tests that measure different things are thus have independent odds of false positives and negatives. The more of those you can stack up, the tighter you can squeeze your error bars, and the more confident you can be that the test is, in fact, actually positive or negative.

As a specific COVID example, it recently was determined that California was incorrectly using tests made by a company called Curative; these were only intended for use on symptomatic individuals, and are known to have a higher false negative rate. When used on an individual who is not (yet) showing symptoms, they were inadequate, and so the state is updating their practices accordingly.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-...coronavirus-test-after-concerns-from-the-fda/

RobertShepherd likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

16. wuji

wuji Well-Known Member

• USER WARNED: DIRECT INSULTS
    I mean this as literally as anyone can possibly evoke a word, you are a midwit. The world is poorer for having you in it.

17. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Wow, this is a great start of the week, indeed.

Please, there's plenty of places on internet to discuss this kind of topics. I don't think that an off-topic subforum of a miniature game (a place to have fun), is the right place to discuss this kind of things.

And what's not acceptable is the level of insults you have showed in the thread. There's no need to directly insult anyone, just block him or report him.

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will echo all the above, there are certainly better places on the internet to discuss such topics, and I do mean specially build for this discussion, but more importantly, we ask for you to have a civil discussion and this cascade of behavior shown here is not it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation