1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public LT WIP is making them too obvious

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Triumph, Feb 8, 2021.

1. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

2. Ruaridh

Ruaridh Well-Known Member

Has this been questioned on the rules section? Mite be worth getting an official stance on the matter?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

In general, CB avoids ruling on things that are about "player convention" (see: intent). I think the game is worse off for their lack of doing so, as you can't fence sit forever.

4. Ruaridh

I see that's a shame. To be honest dont think that army is meant to be banned. Though I think it would be poor form I don't think there is any rule against trying to recreate your opponents list in army, but you probably won't have many opponents doing stuff like that. In a tournament will be down to a TO to decide without any official ruling. In your game group you will need to decide amongst your group. For pick up games I suppose.you need to discuss how you want the game to go and if you can't agree go and find some one that agrees with how you want to play. I'm not gonna search thru army or try and recreate lists, I'm not going to worry about my opponent doing it as long as it doesn't slow the game. If I'm playing a really new person I will probably warn them.if I have a nasty hidden deployment unit . If its a regular opponent I won't. Newer players I would probably give them as much information as the want as neither of us is.gonna enjoy a steam roller. It all depends on the context of how you and your opponents want to play how you want it to go. And if in tournament be prepared that the TO may see things different from your game group.

5. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

There were a few funny games early qhere people hadnt realised Jotums were WIP13.

But yeah its a wash really

RobertShepherd likes this.
  6. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I often check my opponents lists in army when we play on tts so I can confirm we are using the correct stats and profiles . It doesn’t hurt to have a second pair of eyes making sure we don’t miss details like bs attack shock, heavy pistol +1 B and other little things that people often forget about .

i generally take the stance that I want to help my opponent avoid mistakes and play to the best of their ability based on decision making and game experience, rather than letting me win because they didn’t know I had mim-6 or something . I also frequently inform opponents of all my hidden deployment models haha

Regarding the open lt roll , it just doesn’t matter at all in my experience. I know who your lt is. And I can usually just tell my opponent which models mine could be since anyone familiar with the faction would be able to guess .

In short , I cheat on behalf of my opponents because it’s more fun if we all are on the same page .

then I wreck them 10-0 BAYBEEE

Sedral, Butterz, wes-o-matic and 6 others like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Speaking of TTS, I would LOVE it if Army had a courtesy mode so I can construct or receive a courtesy list without also tallying up points and whatnot.

Hell, I'd love it for physical play as well. We're increasingly using Army on our phones and putting courtesy lists on dead trees feels backwards

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I wish there was a way to synch with an opponent's app for a game (or get a code) so they could just look at your courtesy list on their device.

Willen and wes-o-matic like this.
  9. Ruaridh

Warmachines app used to do this was class. They removed it for some reason tho. Was well good having all the info you needed on ur app

Hecaton likes this.
  10. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

yeah Malifaux does this as well and it's pretty neat. Definitely a feature that could be useful for infinity.

11. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Well, print out your open info lists (only the desktop version has this option though) as PDFs and upload them as custom PDF tiles in TTS

12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That's a really complicated work around. Our local work around is much easier - play without courtesy lists and take it cool when people make mistakes.

If you were to make a more serious TTS tournament, you could probably have the TO import everyone's lists and put them in a bag inside the tournament's copy of VaulSC's Infinity plugin, but it's a lot to ask of most people in prep for games.

toadchild likes this.
  13. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I never said it would be an easy thing :D Also the open info lists are still faulty (e.g. in one list my Moderator Hacker's Hacking device was not shown). Thus, I assume, all our work around is just to play without he open info list in TTS, which is perfectly fine.

14. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am glad you calmed don for now.

There are many ideas for the Army app and what it can potentially do, given time it may happen.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation