1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playing vs Guided?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Obeisance, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

when taking on interventor through their repeater, you should also be aware of potential hidden hackers enemy might have, so you should probably drop the Camo state before entering repeater zone and going without stealth to provoke ARO, otherwise you'll just eat an unopposed roll.

Savnock and Willen like this.
  2. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

@Lesh' , can you drop Stealth without dropping camo?

Seems kinda academic because one can always hold reactions against camo, but at least the Hidden troopers would have to declare that, if I understand correctly?

3. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

This is a very clever and order-efficient mitigation. Thank you for sharing that trick.

4. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

It's actually better odds than I'd initially expected. A 23% roll to injure isn't something I'm in love with, but the risk back to the Anathematic is really low.

I mean, generally speaking I'll go about neutralising an enemy hacking network conventionally and establishing my own with CA's near best-in-class pitcher play, because I like to play N4 hacking that way, but having the option to straight up play on enemy turf if you need to is a great backpocket strat.

Time Bandit and Cthulhu363 like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Incidentally, if you are playing a sectorial, then a Grenade Launcher on a cored order mook (Vanguard/Nox) has similar odds at offing an Inverventor/Mary up to 24". Slightly worse if the Interventor is in a core themselves. But hey, the grenade might catch more than one target and there's 0% risk to the mook!
    Stealth is optional. Since Reset will be a valid Hacking ARO even against a Camouflage Marker, you can use this to force enemy hackers to announce they delay so you will know which ones are a threat or not. Just remember to try and end up outside the Hacking Area if you need to re-camo.

Savnock and RobertShepherd like this.
  6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Is it correct to assume that troopers in Hidden Deployment will have to announce a delay as well, if they want to be able to react at all?

RobertShepherd likes this.
  7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation