1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are ZoC declarations to leave Hidden Deployment welcome?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I would argue that calling this a "spurious" Dodge is N3 thinking. In N3, you declare a ZoC ARO because you think you're in ZoC. In N4, you just declare the ARO and check its validity later in the Order Expenditure Sequence. There's nothing in the rules that says you have to expect the ARO to be valid, and that appears to be a clear, explicit, and deliberate change from N3.

That being said, I think the answer will be even more clear once we get confirmation of the typo in the FAQ question re inside/outside.

inane.imp likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Arguably, I don't think this has changed much from late stage N3. The spurious part comes in when you declare the skill expecting it to fail. Incidentally, just like in N3 when we had a mad debate on it in relation to Executive Order.

It is somewhat more important now, though, considering that camouflaged state doesn't automatically come with Stealth meaning "I delay my ARO" and not even breaking camo is even more possible.

4. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

Honestly not sure what the RAW/RAI interaction is but personally it feels a little gamey as you can get the benefit of being in hidden deployment during your opponent’s turn if you go second and then declaring an zoc ARO on their last order to then have all your orders on your turn. Once again there are no rules backing how I feel as this is my personal feelings of it.

Knauf likes this.
  5. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Once again.
    My main problem with this interaction is it is an obscure amalgamation of several rule and FAQ parts. It's not intuitive and out in the open.
    If it was explicitly mentioned and confirmed in an FAQ to make it accessible to everyone I don't see a problem.

inane.imp and Hecaton like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation