1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

He looks really awesome! Where did you take the head from?

Wizzy, Golem2God and Ugin like this.
  2. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks! The limited edition Bounty hunter(w/ double Breaker pistols) contributed his very head to my work:grinning:

burlesford and Abydog like this.
  3. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. Is the hand with the gun from him as well?
    He came a long way, this bounty hunter.

Ugin likes this.
  4. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Nope! I bought the gun from Monstrous Makings studio, which sells 3d printed materials.

burlesford and Abydog like this.
  5. Mastiff

Mastiff Well-Known Member

I built a Zhanshi engineer and medic a couple of years ago, before the new Yu Jing support pack came out.

The engineer has a cutting/welding torch, and the medic has a scanner of sorts. I also added goggles and packs with greenstuff. Her head is Jean d’arc’s, from either version #14 or 18.

C462C781-37E5-4814-BAFD-97A769A7941A.jpeg

6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Very nicely done. The effort you place into these minis really shows. You got anymore conversions besides these?

Mastiff likes this.
  7. Mastiff

Mastiff Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I try not to do too many conversions with metal. I find that the sharp quality of CV’s sculpting makes it harder to get away with... and I’m pretty lazy.

This is the pilot I made a couple of years ago. I wasn’t very impressed with the official Guijia pilot and her broken ankles... so I made my own version. The arms are a bit weird, and the overall effect is extremely exaggerated tiptoeing. But I liked the idea of a stripped-down bodysuit that would connect to the interior of a tag.
    648E213D-2285-46F3-9B14-C3B2778BF117.jpeg

Daaz, LeGweg, Modock and 15 others like this.
  8. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Never mind, was already answered above. Looks fantastic btw.

Ugin and Abydog like this.
  9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Understood. I like to get the best results through the easiest/cheapest route. But sometimes extra work to detail is needed or wanted in certain models.
    It certainly fits the idea of a T.A.G. pilot better than the official model. More akin to the Nomads Gecko Pilot in that he is fully incased in a suit with armor.
    [​IMG]

Dragonstriker, Mastiff and Abydog like this.
  10. aphexblue

aphexblue Well-Known Member

Simple head turn for a 2nd cheerkiller Marksman Rifle. 20210208_165956.jpg

Rizzy, Solar, borisgreymenace and 6 others like this.
  11. IceCream

IceCream Active Member

Since we're probably never getting a miniature for it, I made a Taquel Officer for my Tohaa army.

Unpainted:
    Taquel Kitbash_Unpainted.jpg Taquel back_unpainted.jpg

And painted (I'm still getting the hang of painting these tiny little friends):
    Taquel front_painted.jpg Taquel back_painted.jpg

12. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Okay, here's a small conversion I made...

I wanted to have a pilot for my Maghariba, but the official model was too much of a pin-up. Nevertheless, I couldn't find a good proxy, either... So, I decided to modify the official Maghariba Pilot mini. I threw out the chair she's supposed to be sprawled on and used some spare bits to create some instrumentation / junk / fire hydrant for her to lean onto. And so, no pin-up girl anymore, but a soldier peeking over the battlefield!

haqqislam_pilot1.jpg

haqqislam_pilot2.jpg

I admit I'm quite satisfied with the effect...

13. Ch4IN_R1fLE

Ch4IN_R1fLE Well-Known Member

Wardriver and Brawler Hacker.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  14. Ch4IN_R1fLE

Ch4IN_R1fLE Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wulver for Usariadna, Intel spec op of the border territories.

15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

A few minor conversions:

Clockmaker
    The thought behind it: I'm seeing all those engineer sculpts across the factions, but all of them forgot the most important thing: Their tool box! How do you want to repair something without tools, duh! :P Body is an Alguacile hacker, right arm is from the Nomad HVT from the RPG set, pistol is from the Mobile Brigada hacker.
    [​IMG]

Dancing Panda
    The thought behind it: I didn't want my third Panda to look like the other two, so I readjusted his arms and lifted his right leg. Now he's taunting the enemy HI with his savage moves.
    [​IMG]

Tunguska Daktari
    The thought behind it: Saw some guy on reddit use the Nomad RPG character as a Tunguska Daktari and immediately loved the idea, so I copied it. The med gun is from the Tomcat doctor.

[​IMG]

Miranda Ashcroft

The thought behind it: I was lucky to get the ltd version on ebay recently, which I like much more than the official one, except for the way she holds her sword and the lack of a gun. So I slapped a few pieces together. The gun is taken from a Spec-Ops spruce specifically to look generic enough to be either a shotgun, a combi or a multi rifle. The left hand with the sword hilt is from an old Druze.

[​IMG]

16. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Wow!
    Looking great.

Will steal the idea for the Tunguska Daktari :D

17. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

It's making the rounds I see! :D Found the OP also, so here's some credit to the guy with the original idea.

Golem2God and Ben Kenobi like this.
  18. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

What exactly did you use for this conversion?

19. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

Wow, these are two very good ideas!

Personally, I'll be using the current Daktari model, because she's cute as heck, but I've long had a problem with Clockmakers. The only official sculpts is... ugly, IMHO, so I was planning on using the Nomad HVT as a proxy (seriously: this guy does look like a Clockmaker to me). But that Nomad RPG character makes a fine Clockmaker, too!

On another note:

Any ideas for dismounted versions of Penthesilea and the Nazarovas? I'd definitely want to make a dismounted Penny, at least. Not sure what to make about the pose, though... and, also, she has these flat areas at the bottom. Could I mask them with greenstuff, or will it look awkward?

20. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

No idea for Penny (especially given there are two models for her, and I don't know which one you have in mind), but the Nazarova twins?

It depends.
    If it were me, I'd look for a standing female Haqq model (eg. the BSG Fiday girl, perhaps?) with more-or-less matching waist size, cut both of them in half about the waist line, and use the other model's standing legs for Nazarova's dismounted legs. Nazarova twins wear standard Haqq infantry trousers, and high-heeled boots like many Haqq female sculpts. Not sure if the shin guards are so popular, but cutting and attaching legs from the seated pose to the standing pose might be more than I'd want to trouble myself with.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation