1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review mission 1 + questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Croepoek, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Okay, so we played mission 1 a few days ago.

All in all works fine, the first trick to learn is probably to keep some enemies alive to not trigger the respawn of a full unit.

But some questions came up:
    1. Are the "Nox spec-ops" to be deplyoed at start of mission? They can be seen on the tile, but are not to be playced in the description. Confusing for us, so we left them out. Reasoning: In the description the Cadmus, Nox leaders, Gwailo and Sheskin are all mentioned specifically.
    2. Avaliable units deck is supposed to be build with a black Nox hacker card. I don't have one, so we took the blue one. Am I missing this card, or is this a missprint?
    3. Will the "Nox Leaders" in the Stalker act via AI cards and move on the Stalker tile? It says they cannot leave the tile, hence we let them move to the door and greet the heros with bullets.
    4. Can remotes (in that case Billy) interact with neutral characters? I couldn't really find anything contradicting it, hence he activated Vaarah Zaandar.
    Looking forward to any hints and answers. Thanks in advance!

2. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

1. On page 9 in campaign book it says: If the Unit appears represented by the illustration of their card, it means the Unit must be deployed in the indicated space during the mission Preperation.
    So yes they should be deployed at the start.

2. In my Campaign book it's a blue card. Only black card is Sheskiin. Do you have the Spanish version maybe and it's different there?

3. I see no reason why they shouldn't move to the door, that's what I did in my test play. I did have a situation come up where they where standing next to the door and their AI card said do Assault, it only says to skip it if they are adjacent to a Character so do they try to do it but just stand in place since they can't leave the tile or do they skip it since they won't be able to move?

4. Remotes are allies and allies are "Characters for all intents and purposes" and "can preform actions from the ones available to Characters". So they should be able to interact with Vaarah yes.

Croepoek likes this.
  3. Quirk

Quirk squirrel
    Warcor

Did we play something wrong? I thought the door of the Stalker was closed and the Nox could not open it.

#3 Quirk, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Under Aligned Units deck, the list has a blue card before Nox "Hacker". But for Available Units deck it has a black card and specifies Nox Hacker without quotes.

As far as I can tell, the entry for Available Units should be 1 [blue card] Nox "Hacker".

No, I think you played it correctly. I think the problem is that there are two different "connector" tiles: (one side grey closed, one side purple) (5), and (one side grey open, one side purple) (5). The rules for doors mention "closed Door marker" and "open Door marker" without ever actually pointing out the difference.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has said "Oh, that's supposed to be a closed door?!?"

Quirk likes this.
  5. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

Yeah the problem here is page 18 in rule book says all connectors have closed doors that block LoS and need to be interacted with to be opened BUT then you have missions like mission 7 which has a door marker on the connector and mission 8 which has a door markers on some connectors like between A14 and A06 but not others like between A04 and A08.

Hecaton likes this.
  6. Ygethmir

Ygethmir New Member

We played the first mission twice: The first attempt with closed doors everywhere, just as you did. After skipping through the scenario book and discovering that there are connectors which specifically state they are 'doors', we treated all standard connectors as open doorways and only placed the security doors.
    Made much more sense that way, and also eliminated the problem of how enemies would react if they are located behind a closed door. Also, the scenario text indicates that connectors are considered "open": If you fail to free Agnes, your team sees "... through the open hatch of the Stalker...".

Personally, I'll treat all connectors without additional information as "open" from now on, unless the official FAQ reads otherwise.

Hecaton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation