1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review mission 2 "Through enemy lines" + questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Croepoek, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

You should probably not read it, if you are cautious of spoilers!

We finished mission two yesterday and a good combination of a blinded Jayth Pit Patrol (thanks flashbang :) ) and leaving one Taiga alive to just chase you, makes it fairly easy.

Again some questions came up:

1. Reinforcement mechanism & available unit deck: As written above, we left enemies alive and hence there was no "Available units" deck and also no respawn (we had reinfocement tokens though, hence alarm level two creates one per round automatically). Did we play this correct?
    2. Surprise Attack of seed embryo: The seed embryo will deploy via "Evil A.I" rule, since it will be deployed first as stated by the mission and there is no character that "acted last". Does this result in the fact that the embryo will be deployed, will be shuffled into the aligned units deck and activates normally? What happened: heroes activated first and just shot him dead. Did we play this right?
    3. Blinded plus AI card to aquire target, shoot and withdraw: If a blinded enemy with at least one reach 1-x attach moves and cannot go adjacent to a hero, hence cannot attack - will this enemy then withdraw as next action and move away? We played it this way, but this let to a Jayth that ran up and then ran back to the edge of the tile :confused:

Would be glad if anyone could share their view on this. In best case with reference to the rulebook or any thread here in the forum, where this was already answered :grin:

2. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Question 1 and 3 seem correct.
    For the seed embryos, there is a lot of confusion on how they should work. When I played them,
    It said to deploy them at the beginning of the round using the surprise attack rule. So I interpreted this as putting the initiative card in the deck but not a model on the board. When their card was pulled, I then put the model on the board near the last activated character. Several times, I was able to then destroy the embryo before another turn occurred. There were a few times when everything was too close though, and it was unavoidable.

Croepoek likes this.
  3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Here's the answer post concerning how Blind is supposed to work: #19

Note the paragraph on "The Instruction's Target", though. "... If it is not possible to perform the Instruction on said target, the next Character that meets the requirements will be targeted. If there is no target that meets the requirements, the one closed Character will be targeted."

So at a certain point the Acquire Target instruction for a Blind enemy becomes "Can I get into range one with anyone?" and you're only allowed to be picky if there are multiple different characters you can reach.

And everyone should have an attack that's useable at range 1 (adjacent). So if the blinded miniature can reach base contact, it'll have someone to attack.

It is still entirely possible that no one is going to be within movement range, and the only two instructions it can execute are 'acquire target' and 'withdraw'.

4. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Hmm, also a way. Hope CB brings some clarity into this. What do you mean by „several times“? Hence the seed embryo card has no respawn value, it does not come back?!

That’s what happened for us, so the enemy ran for and back.

Thanks to you both!

5. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Across the couple of missions that I have played that deploy seed embryos.

Croepoek likes this.
  6. neillmcm

neillmcm New Member

We deployed in the same as you stated with the Initiative card hidden in the deck, when the Seed Embryo was pulled and activated they were placed on the board next to the last activated character. Then immediately using the Surprise Attack rule's 2nd bullet point their only instruction can be explode followed by flipping the card to the Seed Soldier sate.
    This seemed to be the most logical way to play it for us

Croepoek likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation