1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomads spaceship: modular 3D game board - WIP

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Greg, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hello guys, I would like to boast project I am working on almost last 2 months.

It started with the idea of having modular game board which could use for:
    - Code One games with my son (small)
    - low points INF games with friend of mine who is beginner (48 but narrow width)
    - regular INF games

I know I will have to go to modular tiles, but didn't want to do 12x12" since this will too much highlight DZ, middle of the board or any quarters for missions. Then thinking about 16x16" sounds good to me, yes there are still some lines, but none of them for situations mentioned above. and total number of 9 tiles sounds also practical to me.

Second goal was to take some stretch from having so much of terrain to make a nice table and if board itself could have some terrain elements already would be nice and maybe just few extra line blockers would be needed then. (on terrain itself I am still working) but idea having board already be terrain made sense to me.

Then why not to use design of some game mat, just give it 3d profile? Took me some time choosing new game mat for this purpose and then I found lovely Nomadis spaceship design from Deep Cut Studio which match perfectly!

And here it is - 9 tiles 16x16 making either standart 48x48 table, or 4 variants of 48x32 or 4 variants of 32x32...

IMG_2042.jpeg IMG_2043.jpeg
    (these levels are smaller then S2 siluet, so provide only partial cover and doesn't slow the speed, except for small remotes and motorbikes)

PS. I just finished 9th tile and I am quite happy with results. Yes in closer look is not ideal and there are some minor issue which I still have to work on. also install magnets so it will keep together little bit better.

PS2. waiting for delivery of Cosmica terrain ;)

2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

This is looking great.

3. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

So clean job dude! Awesome result until now!

4. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

That board is simply just amazing looking, such an Impressive work!

5. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Truly magnificent.

6. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

Amazing!!!! i really love it.

7. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Looking spectacular so far!

8. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Wow so cool idea !

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation