1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defiance Review of actual games [and not preview/prototypes]

Discussion in 'General' started by RobCat29121, Dec 27, 2020.

1. GoingPostal

GoingPostal Member

I definitely mean in the upcoming Outcast expansion. I'm hoping that Fat Yuan Yuan has Shotgun or Support weapon related skills, I'm also hoping that we get someone that can actually take over the button pushing duties that isn't Jazmin (that I currently think must be picked to succeed most missions reliably). If the Outcast characters just have a different set of available skills from the base game and a new versatile skill, I'm gonna be pretty sad.

Chandly likes this.
  2. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

One thing with reinforcement tokens that I feel is that in the early rounds, you might try to keep control, but after a couple of rounds, you get enough reinforcement tokens and enough things on the table, that it no longer really matters. I might have something wrong, but so far, most of my playthroughs have hit something similar.

3. GoingPostal

GoingPostal Member

Mission 4 was a welcome change of pace. We actually managed to clear the board of enemies and only had 1 unit come back. Having the ability to keep the Alert level under 2 for a while was very helpful, especially when we could just keep forcing the respawn of a relatively non dangerous Jayth.

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  4. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Another thought I had,
    It seems like there are several half-realized subsystems, like the allies. I'm only on scenario 4, but several of them don't have useful in game up grades or have opportunities to come with you. The upgrades on the Defiance seem to be split mostly between Engineering and Medical, without a lot of variety.

5. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Wonder how likely it is that the rest is in the expansions.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation