1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaksa in triads

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by jmmelo, Jan 30, 2021.

1. jmmelo

jmmelo Well-Known Member

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-29 at 15.47.36.jpeg

Now, I know they DO NOT have the triad skill, but seeing the load-outs and the function they serve in both Tohaa and Spiral armies, basically biological remotes for support, it always struck me as weird that they are not more linkable.

In Spiral they have some limited linkability, and the Longarms in particular have Haris and Duo, but ever since CB started giving remotes the ability to be included in fireteams, it just seems to me that the Chaksa were "left out".

Since Triad is the quintessential TOHAA skill, and Chaksas are in essence a support unit for the Tohaa, would giving them the skill be terribly imbalanced?

I hardly see them getting used as it is, except as cheap cheerleaders with the baggage/HFT profile. But the miniatures are gorgeous, and now we are getting the Longarms, which although they look great, are not a very desirable unit.

But give them Triad, stick them in a defensive triad, you get some decently priced, not OP, fire support. I can even see the Pulsar (+1B) / E/M grenades profile being used in offensive triads. Same goes for the regular Chaksa Auxiliars. The HFT profiles would compete with Makauls for the filler spot, and the long range ones would be a nice option for defensive triads.

Am I reading this wrong? Would this be terribly OP and imbalanced?

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

So far Longarms need a buff, so straight up Triad would be great. They could use this as a BS12 hvy weapons platform.

3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

I would consider using a Longarm + Baggageboi triad in vanilla, likely that pulzar one mentioned in the OP. But a Longarm triad without Auxilliaries? Not with those stats.

Don't make a crazy, demon looking alien badass and give it a BS12, no skills autocannon or whatever. It's just the damn Kurgat all over again.

4. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

Amazing model for terrible profile.
    Longarms need buff; fireteam triad or at least haris with chaksa auxiliars.

melkiach and Barsik like this.
  5. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Speaking about Chaksa Auxiliaries, anyone tried the guidedHRL one with repeaters and kamael pr0 hacker? Any Feedback?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation