1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are Victor and Aida used the way they are in the story?

Discussion in 'General' started by Hecaton, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

We already know they're Shasvastii. Not really much of a twist.

2. Chandly

Chandly Corregidor, de toda la vida...

Not all Defiance players are Infinity players, and not even all Infinity players have the background read.
    I think it is a good idea to use two existing characters even if they are not a surprise for many players so as not to have to create new ones (with the bonus that we win 2 miniatures for troops that already exist in Infinity)

HellLois likes this.
  3. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

I think some of the problem, even for those new to the lore, is that the models were previewed with the other Shasvasti. Thet weren't even previewed as "heroes".

Hecaton likes this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

And Messer's sculpt makes it very clear.

5. Quirk

Quirk squirrel
    Warcor

While Defiance is not really a legacy game with real secrets to uncover and much freedom to shape our own game's course I appreciate the parts where it tries to help the players emulate that as much as possible. For example it is possible to play a mission withoud reading its ending. And when on the first play of mission 1 the Agnes-thing (avoiding spoilers) happened we were shocked but also happy: If that is possible then what else is?

I understand why it was not in CB's best interest to create two more characters that would end up as playable in one sectorial or another in the long run (because you all know how we are :) ). So the inevitable treachery of Messer and Swanson is an open secret from the moment you see their "ally" cards but I bet the game will eventually make up for it with some more surprising surprises.

6. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

oh, yeah, when I'll be playing this with friends I will definitely hide the Swanson and Messer enemy cards under the bottom of the black box inlay, so that it's a total surprise to them :3

HellLois likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation