1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been playing Infinity?

Discussion in 'News' started by Triumph, Jan 27, 2021.

?

Have you played Infinity regularly since N4 dropped? At least 1 game every fortnight

1. Yes. In person only

16.4%
  2. Yes. Table Top Simulator or some other online form

11.9%
  3. Yes. A mix of in person and online

16.4%
  4. No. I have been social distancing because of Covid

33.6%
  5. No. I wanted to but personal circumstances (besides Covid) have been getting in the way

8.2%
  6. No. I don't normally play that frequently regardless of a pandemic

13.4%
  1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Quick poll just to get an idea of how many people on the forums have been able to frequently play N4 since it released.

2. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

Around 40 N4 games for me so far. Only 3 games IRL sadly, rest is TTS.

Have attended several TTS leauges and tournaments.

I have really enjoyed N4 so far.

TTS has really kept up my interest for the game in the covid-period. And have made me buy even more models ! Now i just need to paint them....

Savnock, Xeurian and HotFreshTofu like this.
  3. archon

archon Well-Known Member

15 games since N4 is out. 10 of them with the same person, we play a self made campaign. Eight games during the lock down (keeping the restrictions). Only one game from the new ITS 12.

4. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

Oh man.. I've played about 70 games in TTS over the last year. at least 60 of those were in N4.

I played 1 casual game in person at a FLGS about 1 year ago right before the pandemic hit. In Japan we are under voluntary lockdown at the moment, though I heard the Tokyo infinity group had a tournament this month in person? Seems like a bad idea but they have every right to do that in Japan.

Xeurian likes this.
  5. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

@HotFreshTofu is a machine. I've seen him play 3 games on TTS in one day. I don't think he sleeps.

But I just did the math and estimated that I've played 88 games on TTS since March. That can't be right... average a little over 2 games a week... we're around 44 weeks into the pandemic... goddamn.

There really is nothing to do except computer games during this damn pandemic.

I did get in 3 in-person games at an FLGS in between the first and second waves in August and September. Ah, those were the days....

Xeurian and HotFreshTofu like this.
  6. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I've played exactly one game of Infinity since March 2020.

7. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

All my games are in person but it's a bit of a cheat because the vast majority of the time it's been me just solo-ing it against myself (and I can occasionally rope my wife into a game) - probably one or two games per weekend since N4 dropped.

8. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

I've tried playing against myself, too taxing and takes way too much effort for little payoff in my opinion.

Once N4 dropped, I was lucky to play 2-3 games a week in person with my 2 regular players, up until late December, and currently restrictions are more strict, so haven't been playing for a month.

9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. PappaChu

PappaChu Well-Known Member

I've had a handful of home games since march, probably around 5 in n3 and one in n4, really hoping the vaccine roll out picks up pace so i don't have to feel so risky about things
    hobby wise, i've been doing a fair amount of painting at least, but without regular games it's hard to maintain interest in building lists and thinking how to play them :/

11. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

I've had 20+ games of N4, it may be getting close to 30 at this point.

Mostly played on a table with people who have been as careful as I have been throughout the Pandemic, but several of those games have been on TTS as well.

The people I have played the most have about 5-10 games on average, but I have also played some games vs plyers who were getting their first taste of N4.

12. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Same

I played some demo games with a friend who want to learn, but serious games, in tournaments, ETC, since March. A week befure the total lockdown here in Spain

13. Ashtaroth

Ashtaroth Aragoto GP Organizer
    Warcor

So... how have you been liking N4, eh? Lots of new units, eh? Cool to try them all out, eh? Eh? ;_;

TTS is enough to scratch the itch tho (not completely, but it relieves a lot). The only problem, in my community, being people not used to it and making a simple mission sometimes take 3 hours to complete.

14. Lawson

Lawson Well-Known Member

I've actually never played any other way, since I picked up CodeOne (my first experience, which quickly shifted to N4) mid-pandemic and my 'meta' has just been me in my own dining room. It's actually been a nice way to learn since I can really see how the factions interact with one another when I'm playing both sides (though I've been coming to the forums a lot for help with rules because I don't have a group to bounce stuff off of) - will probably feel downright easy (mechanically) once I only need to play one side against an opponent... though I actually have no idea who plays in Los Angeles, and for now I've just been trying to get my boardgaming and 40k friends interested in it.

15. QueensGambit

You really oughta try TTS. People complain that it's not as fun as playing in person, and they're right, but if you've never played in person then you won't have anything to negatively compare it to :-)

Savnock and Xeurian like this.
  16. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

A resounding zero games from me despite owning TTS - I'm pretty bad at messing with TTS and no better knowing the N4 rules that I've not tried to inflict it upon anyone else hehe :D

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

There's something to be said about being able to play in your comfy clothes surrounded by all your unpainted finished miniatures and the mess of a well organised desk, though...

Savnock, Zewrath, sackofowls and 6 others like this.
  18. QueensGambit

...on your living room couch, surrounded by empty beer cans, maybe wearing clothes.

Savnock likes this.
  19. emperorsaistone

emperorsaistone Well-Known Member

Several games in person when N4 dropped, but then lost interest in it. N4 so far is not for me.

20. Freebootas

Freebootas Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what have been your issues with N4?

Daniel Darko likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation