1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In their headlong rush to make it powerful, Immunity (Total) has gotten very, very stupid.

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hecaton, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Also a bit funny how Sepsitor as a skill requires the target to have a Cube, meaning it's not possible to use non-cube entities to splash cube troopers with the DTW when for example making an ARO against a REM.

2. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Honestly, this thread seems to be people who play the Avatar and know their shit vs people who have been stomped by the Avatar, feel its overpowered, but have not used it themselves. If you fall into that second category, I strongly recommend you play some games with it.

As someone who uses the Avatar a lot I definitely agree with the former - this model is not busted, and it has some glaring weak spots. I don't feel thats a problem, but I do feel its an argument against the model being OP.

I would happily take a Heavy Flamethrower Avatar over a Sepsitor Avatar even for the same price. Fuuuuck the Sepsitor. Dozens of games with the Avatar and it's almost never been useful - deters Achilles but everything else that tries to attack up close always seems to be immune or simply able to bypass a template altogether.

This about sums up my approach to the Avatar. This 120 point model is so strong, that it wants to hide at the back of the table and fuel a much cheaper and more effective model to attack with - Speculo, Datz, god even my Libertos does more attacking than my Avatar.

Sure, an element of this is because I don't want to risk the Avatar, but there's no denying the other fact - that when it comes to actually being aggressive, often an 8 point Libertos or a 29 point Caliban is better than this model.

This isn't so much a problem though, as a counterargument to "Avatar go brr ez wins". Shits hard to use, and it doesn't just sweep through all opposition unopposed.

DaRedOne and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Wait, is that what it says in N4?

That definitely makes using it for intuitive attack pretty weird if you're facing an army where you can't know whether or not a camo trooper has a cube.

4. Mahtamori

Target has to have a cube is the requirement of the Sepsitor skill, yeah, and not fulfilling requirements at step 6 makes skill become Idle in this edition.

Only really matters if there's secondary targets to hit as the only difference vs e.g. a masked Ayyar is that you find out in step 6 instead of 6.2 that the target doesn't have a cube and doesn't have to save.

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Does that mean if you intuitive attack a camo marker and the dude under it doesn't have a cube, it's an idle and camo is never broken? Seems weird.

toadchild likes this.
  6. Mahtamori

I don't know any other way to interpret this skill otherwise: https://infinitythewiki.com/Sepsitor

Requirements
    • The target must be a Trooper with a Cube or similar system.

7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Still weird lol.

Mahtamori likes this.
  8. SpectralOwl

Intuitive Attack is a different BS Attack skill from Sepsitor, with different declaration requirements. It works as usual, save that a Cubeless troop will not get the Sepsitorised state if they fail their BTS roll due to failing the state's prerequisite of having a Cube.

9. Mahtamori

I'm not sure that is true, mechanically. While Sepsitor itself is not a skill, as I erroneously put it, it seems to be a strange way of describing a piece of equipment (although it looks like ammo with requirements, while other ammo do not have requirements). As such, an Intuitive Attack declaration will still use the equipment's own effects and requirements. Now, if we look at step 6.2 in the Order Expenditure Sequence we see this:
    "If any Skill, Special Skill, or piece of Equipment does not meet its Requirements, the Trooper is considered to have declared an Idle."​

So if the target doesn't have a Cube, the Sepsitor equipment doesn't meet its requirements, and as such will have the Trooper be considered to have declared an Idle - regardless of what BS Attack skill was used to declare the Sepsitor attack.

I'm not going to argue against that it's probably intended not to be cancelled if the primary target is missing a cube, but I'd suggest that any target that has no cube will quite clearly not have to make a save.

Teslarod likes this.
  10. SpectralOwl

By that reading, you can't make an Intuitive Attack with a Sepsitor at all because it only works on Troopers with Cubes. Markers don't have Cubes.​

11. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

That might actually be the best approach. You could still intuitive attack a non-camo cubed trooper through a zero-viz zone.

12. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

How do you figure that the trooper in the Camouflaged state suddenly doesn't have its Cube.

Try to keep in mind the difference between:
    • It's the first turn, right after deployment, and a Combined Army player spends an order and declares Intuitive Attack against a Camo Marker. That Camo Marker might be a mine or a trooper.
    and
    • The other player spent three orders moving a Camo Marker across the table. The Combined Army player spends an order and declares Intuitive Attack against that Camo Marker.
    and remember that using Intuitive Attack against troopers in a Camo state is literally an example in the second bullet point of Intuitive Attack:
    • The target of the Intuitive Attack (or Main Target if using a Template Weapon) must be outside the user's LoFdue to a Zero Visibility Zone, or be in a State that would normally prevent Attacks from being performed against them without previously being Discovered, such as the Camouflaged State.
    A trooper in the Camouflaged State has not stopped being a trooper.

SpectralOwl, Teslarod and Mahtamori like this.
  13. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Technical sequence here would pan out as follows from how I'd parse the rules:

Sepsitor vs Camo Marker (contents are Private Information)

Sepsitor carrying Trooper declares Intuitive Attack vs Camo Marker.
    Camo Marker declares (or forfeits) ARO.
    During step 5 the Private Information rules come into play

"Private Information is information you can keep to yourself that your opponent cannot ask about. Your Private Information remains secret until a specific game event forces you to disclose it."

Encountering a game event that forces us to disclose the presence of a Cube to determine if the Order is legal, we inform the Sepsitor user we do in fact not have a Cube, which is the only part of Private Information we need to disclose.
    Our Camo Marker could be a Mine outside of Trigger Area or a Trooper without a Cube here.
    Since the Camo Marker as main target of the attack is now not a legal target, the Attack is cancelled and the Sepsitor user performs an idle.
    The Camo Marker stays in Marker state unless he declared an ARO that would cancel it.

#53 Teslarod, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation