1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vanilla Aleph in N4

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Omen, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Omen

Omen Active Member

Vanilla is my preferred way to play. Now that all the aleph profiles have been updated to n4 Is anyone still playing vanilla Aleph .Do you have new favourite go to models when you make a list? My auto include is Machoan.
    Just looking for a discussion

Methuselah likes this.
  2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

Dart is still really good. She is one of the best scalpels in the game. It can be a little harder to leverage her at times because of the fact that you’re likely to be facing more elite units, but her kit is great for causing chaos and damage.

With tactical window, the value of airborne deployment has gone up. Your opponent is likely to have fewer models on the table which means you’ll have more gaps to exploit. You have fewer orders, which means the advantage of starting exactly where you need to is even more valuable. With that in mind, Diomedes and the Garuda both look really good. Mk12s and spitfires are both excellent weapons to outrange rifles and underrange swc weapons. The addition of the forward observer profile for the Garuda is icing on the cake.

Omen and Methuselah like this.
  3. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

My favorites are Scylla, with her "fireteam" for area control ans hacking support. Two Zayin remotes to keep my deployment zone clear of combat junpers ans alike and to block enemy movement or objectives. The Bounty Hunter Sniper for SWC cheap area denial and the Liberto, who didtracts and annoys.

Another block ist Danavas, Myrmidon Hacker and Samekh.

And the rest depends in the mission... :sweat_smile:

Omen and yoink101 like this.
  4. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

I've been trying a new units in N4 that rarely made the table in N3. I've been playing Atalanta, Proxy Mk4, Yadu Lt with pretty good results.

I think Dart, Myrmidons, Machaon, and Zayins are as good as they were in N3, or better (Especially the Zayin, who now falls prone).

I think Nagas, and the Proxy Mk1 engineer/doctor are still really good, but not as good as they were in N3.

Omen and yoink101 like this.
  5. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

The proxy mk3 has gotten better too. That AP spitfire is sometimes just what you need to punch through armor.

Omen likes this.
  6. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

I find oss is a bit stronger than vanilla.

7. Angry Clown

Also i find the zayin rebot appealing with aspara in vanilla

8. D_acolyte

D_acolyte Well-Known Member

Atalanta with TR, yes I can here people say sin eaters are a crutch and so is she in the background. To there point she is one of if not the best defensive model in the faction. Also if you do not like here learn what a coordinated orders
    Myrmidon spitfire for attacking pieces but they got a lot weaker this edition.

9. Methuselah

I like Atalanta, the Mk4, and TR bot in this edition because the active turn is still very strong and alpha strikes are still very prevalent. Also, all of the models are shock immune so I can pick them back up on my turn.

10. Omen

Omen Active Member

Yeah I gotta say Atlanta and the my 4 make a pretty solid defence. I also like thrasmeydes infiltration version if going second I put him in suppresive fire he can really lock down an area

11. Methuselah

Have you had good success with him so far? Since he's only 1 wound, I am always afraid of some warban templating him

12. Angry Clown

Good on paper. After you roll 1 and 2 and standart sniper with bs11 hits you with 3 and 11

13. Omen

Omen Active Member

I’ve had some luck with him.. I try to use him to choke short fire lanes to an objective, normally supported by a naga hacker..
    I have also had him get rolled by an imarando..

Methuselah likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation