1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose initiative or deployment first?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by huttyman, Dec 25, 2020.

1. huttyman

huttyman New Member

I might miss something when I read this. So pls help me out ^/\^.
    We roll WIP for who get to keep initiative or deployment right. And does that mean player who won got to decide first either he got to keep initiative or deployment. Or is it always player who get to keep initiative choose first (even he lose WIP) then pick who deployment later

Is it confusing?

Thank you

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

You can think of it this way.

If you win the WIP roll, you get to choose:
    • either to decide about the initiative of the game (whether you go first or you go second, going second is important in some missions to be able to "mop up"; this is called 'keeping initiative'.
    • or to decide who deploys first and where - that is you get to tell the opponent to deploy his models first and you get to pick your side of the table; this is called 'keeping deployment'.
    If you've lost the WIP roll, you have to wait to see which of the above your opponent chose and then you get the other of the two.

3. huttyman

huttyman New Member

So. If I win i "Must" decide about who go first or decide who deploy first rightaway right? before others decide next

4. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Yes, if you win, you need to decide whether you "keep initiative" or "keep deployment", which one of those you get to decide about basically.

5. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That ist how we play it. The winner has to decide first. The looser reacts by choosing second.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation