1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to Expand the IA Starter Pack

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by MrAnarchy, Dec 28, 2020.

1. MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy Active Member

Hello fellow Humans. I am also a Human, definitely not as Shasvastii infiltrator. I recently Joined the Glorious Immortal Army this Christmas and would like to know what 3 must buy packs to expand the army are. Thank you fellow Humans for your help, hail the EI, uhh, Hail the Emperor!

2. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Remotes are very important, but Im assuming that you already play the game and can proxy yaokongs with rems from your faction.
    If you play CA then you sort of want s4 remotes for evo hacker and light shotgun baggage(cheapest wildcard in IA). On top of that s4 remotes from other factions could be used as Lu duan or Rui shi, but again as CA player you dont have that.
    Support pack is important, with engineer model being even more usefull now than it can proxy character engineer from betrayal.
    IA is weird becouse you dont get base line trooper in starter, and having 2-3 zhanshi for defensive links helps. You can get these with action pack, filled with some non IA units (honorable mention Multi rifle Zuyong is also there, and it looks amazing) or you could find old YJ starter that has some of the units from action pack (with mentioned already zuyong)
    Zuyong HMG blister. You wil either use him as Tac aware zuyong HMG or Tac aware, tinbot, Ap hMG Shang Ji until we get model for that.
    Daoying bsg is a model that would be used in most of your lists, but considering that in some games you never reveal it then daoying sniper from starter should be decen as a proxy.
    And now time for NCO. If you want to go hard with HI core then Krit kokram blister or Tai SHeng blister. If you want defensive core and solo attack piece then Mowang blister or Hac Tao HMG in box with Hac Tao hacker (its last chance to buy in CB store)

I know its more than 3 packs but its a list of things that you can choose from, and some of them are blisters so not really a pack on its own :)

libr4rian and Dragonstriker like this.
  3. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

In order of importance (to me of course hehe):
    - Haidao MSV2 Sniper blister,
    - Krit Kokram blister,
    - Zencha blister,
    - Zuyong HMG blister,
    - Daoying BSG Hacker blister,
    - S4 REM pack (proxy them as whatever you need in a S4 base),
    - Support Pack (can also use the two minis as Zanshi proxies for a link if needed),
    - Mowang Blister

We can basically live a lot through the blisters alone, but I do agree that the original YuJing starter pack is also good value:
    - You can use the Zuyong as a Paramedic or any other profile you are missing (even the HMG),
    - 3 Zhanshis pad a defensive HaiDao core, and can be used as doctor/eng in a pinch,
    - Hsien Hmg is a great proxy for a lot of things, like a ShanJi or a HacTao, or even a Hulang,
    - The Tiger can proxy a second LiuXing, or buld her without the wings as a Zuyong Paramedic running to heal that ShanJi!

libr4rian and Amusedbymuse like this.
  4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Praise the emperor, huh? Soldiers! We have a hexahedron agent, here! Lock and load, Invincibles, the hunt is on!

I agree with Willen, though I'd nudge S3 REMs up higher. You asked for 3 packs though, and for almost all sectorials two of those will be the same; support pack and S3 REMs. Since IA doesn't break the mold that much, here's recommendations for three packs AFTER you have those (or if you proxy them);
    Krit Kokram
    Hac Tao + Hac Tao blister before it's too late
    3 to 4 Zhanshi. Split deal, or buy White Banner or Red Veil (aka Vanilla) starter depending on if you want them in Gucci jackets or not.

libr4rian likes this.
  5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Realistically, in IA you want the S3 REMs for the SonBae and a TR bot, or flashpulse bots... the only "unique" thing to IA is the ability to link the SonBae, honestly.

Although I do consider all of those highly, they are not central to IA Tactics:
    - linked Defensive SonBae is second to iconic Haidao MSR,
    - Flashpulse bots are nice but you are likely doing a heavier setup sucking up points at first,
    - TR Bots? We have no time for TR bots!

Anyway, I do agree: S3 / S4 bots and a Support pack are basically your starting points for any army. THEN go for the IA nice stuff: Krit, Haidao(s), Zencha, Mowang, in that order for me.

I still insist the Red Veil starter is ace. Right now with this talk, I am even eyeing up the combi Tiger to do a helmer swap with a female Zuyong for a paramedic girl... luckily most YJ armor is very similar!

libr4rian likes this.
  6. MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy Active Member

Hello again fellow Humans, thank you the wonderful advice! I am indeed a Combined Army player. Thankfully I already have the S3 rems and have the support packs. Ill pick up KritKockram and the Hac Tao! How frequently are S4 Rems used in IA?

7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Depends on who you are. Personally I consider Pangolin (baggage remotes) to be more important for IA than Yaoxie (combat remotes). The Pangolin with Light Shotgun is an efficient Wildcard unit at 12 points; as long as you don't expect it to do anything else and remember that it has a Repeater. The EVO Hacker is an EVO Hacker, useful for when you try to drop Liu Xing on people, though as a Combined Player you'll have to get used to the very civilian (pronounced "pe-de-stri-an") nature of the human EVO Hackers.
    Yaoxie are some of the best combat remotes you'll find, but I have experienced problems fitting them in a list due to the increased cost they had in N4... 3 points makes quite a lot of difference

P.S. I can never quite remember how CB spells "Pangguling"

libr4rian, Willen and MrAnarchy like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation