1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Army - Double or nothing?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by overread, Dec 20, 2020.

1. overread

overread New Member

So splitting off from another thread is a question from a newbie - what models do you find you double up on (same unit and same weapon) within your forces and why do you find they work in a team as opposed to taking alternative options.

It's just a simple means to getting some more idea of how the CA builds up in its pure and sectorial forms.

Already I've seen a good few recommend taking pairs of Ikadrons; Slave Drones (with Dr Worm) and also the Hungry already paired up. I'm also thinking that Taigha Creatures might also be a potential double up model with their own niche.

2. Surmelk

Surmelk Well-Known Member

In Vanilla always imetrons, in a lot of cases rdrones and ikadrons. Cheap orders and some aro speed bumps. Usually nothing else in Vanilla.

3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Usually you only want pairs of cheap, disposable stuff, so:

Imetrons
    Ikadrons

Then you have stuff like daturazi, which you don't always take, but if you do take, then you should take two. That's pretty much any impetuous model, so:

Daturazi;
    krakots;
    Hungries;
    Taighas;

And finally, there are 20 point skirmishers which usually you only take one, but there are some missions that benefit from having two of them:

Shrouded;
    Zerats;
    Giref Ops;

That's usually how I approach this stuff.

Willen likes this.
  4. MrAnarchy

MrAnarchy Active Member

The Xenodron, they come in a box of two anyways. With the changes to Bioimmune, they are basically invulnerable to AP&Breaker! The only AP-Immune TAG in the game. I’ll almost definitely bring 2 in Onyx and maybe even Vanilla.

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Depending on the mission, seed-soldier paramedics could be a good double in Shas. Alas, they are AVA 1 in Vanilla.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation