1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Special Fireteam" in TJC isn't special

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by BingBong, Nov 15, 2020.

1. BingBong

BingBong VanCity Daddio
    Warcor

I was faffin about making lists in my lovely Tunguska, and realized that the "special" perseus-stempler-raoul link isnt special. It's just a Hollowman link now. Is there any point in having that as a separate link option anymore?

Perseus = counts as hollowman or securitate
    Stempler = can join hollowman links
    Raoul = wildcard

I've been making haris links of Perseus, Kriza, and the mighty Vostok, and frankly it seems way more special to me. Or even Perseus, Vostok, Raoul. Mim-6 for everyone!

I'm not complaining about anything, really. Just making an observation.

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

The Special Fireteam used to use the C+ Stempler whereas the Hollowmen used the SJ Stempler.

The joke was the Special Fireteam of Percy + Raoul + Stempler couldn't jump.

Now, I have no idea why Percy FTO exists.

xagroth and jfunkd like this.
  3. BingBong

BingBong VanCity Daddio
    Warcor

Seems very odd that the profile that joins super-jumping troopers specifically can't super jump.
    Like...
    What the hell? Especially when his other profile has super jump.
    I don't understand at all. Make him cost 4 extra points or whatever. I dont care. I just don't want my link hobbled.

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Do we know if that is an oversight or fully intentional, if so its completely asinine and someone probably needs to reread both FT rules and superjump?

5. inane.imp

It was definitely intentional in N3 - when he couldn't join Hollowmen. Initially in N4 non-FTO Percy was the one who could link. That got 'fixed' early on. So it seems intentional, if half-baked.

But equally BJC has issues where you can't do a Kusanagi, Healer, Custodier Haris anymore.

I'm sure you can find more like that where it feels like things haven't been entirely updated to be coherent in N4.

6. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

Yup the Broharris is done without the need for a Special Fireteam. The Special Fireteam entry should have been eliminated, but some Sectorial details got missed apparently.

I've been having a lot of fun whit this harris, especially since I can't get a Fireteam core Kriza list that I feel good about yet.

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]3
    KRIZA BORAC Heavy Machine Gun / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 54)
    STEMPLER ZOND FTO (Super-Jump) Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 17)
    PERSEUS FTO (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle(+1 Dam), Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Heavy Pistol(+1B), DA CC Weapon. (0 | 32)
    1.5 SWC | 103 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Remnar and BingBong like this.
  7. inane.imp

KB Haris + Grenzer MSR Core. That's the best kind of filth.

jfunkd, Remnar and BingBong like this.
  8. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

yes, that haris is weird. Maybe an oversight, maybe is just a "reminder", or maybe even is related to the new fireteam rules they were testing. I don't know

the fact that they didn't give Percy an option to link while retaining his SJ is awful. Is not a costly skill (1 point) and is not so powerful now with the new jump rules. The broharis was not so good in n3 neither because by themselves, each one was better...and instead of giving him and raoul the SJ option, they created the CK (which Percy cannot join even if it would be so sweet)

so yes, TJC fireteams are not so special, seems to me that CB don't want them to. At least, the awful ones got better in this edition

9. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Wait, didn't they add a clause that *unit* link must have at least one actual *unit* in there? Or whatever counts as specific *unit* is good too?

10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

the "count as" is valid too, so percy allows to mix different Securitate/HM fireteam without the need of actual secs or HM, only him and wildcards.

PS: but still, he isn't able to form a securitate haris, the other requirement (a valid fireteam in the sectorial list) is still needed.

11. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain that, since Perseus lacks the "Fireteam: Haris" skill, you wouldn't be able to build that fireteam without the special rule.

12. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

FTO Perseus does have Fireteam: Harris.

13. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Oh right, duh, I was only looking at his statline and not the actual profiles.

Well that's just weird then.

14. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

Yup, fireteams are derpy.

I always refer to my 5 Grenzer fireteam as my "Securitate Core Fireteam"...because I can.
    So yeah, the most security-focused anti-aleph faction can indeed make a fireteam out of a guy that fights for the highest bidder and a (totally not a deep cover plant) Aleph officer to fight their shadow war.
    MAKES SENSE!

What they CANT do, as the most wealthy ship, is hire Corregidor mercs...lol! /Rant

15. infyrana

infyrana Well-Known Member

@freefall357 I'm both slightly confused and curious - do you mean 5x Grenzers, or a Grenzer in a Securitate team? Since I thought the 5 Grenzer couldn't be done as it's a wildcard and doesn't 'count as'. I might just be misreading how you wrote things, either way I'm curious as to your team setup since I'm on the lookout for an MSR Grenzers :)

16. freefall357

freefall357 Active Member

Nope, you are right. I rarely fireteam up, and still have plenty of N3 on the brain.
    Looks like you could use 4 Grenzers and the Aleph spy to make a 5man Securitate fireteam. Haha

infyrana likes this.
  17. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The only thing "Special" about TJC is the short bus they ride around in.

18. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, it really is just an echo from the past I guess.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation