1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Maybe some players who already received their boxes want to share some pictures and gameplay impressions?? But no spoilers please:zipper_mouth_face: Help your fellow European players along with some nice insights :smiley:

ZlaKhon likes this.
  2. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

i only played the KS demo game since i had all the physical models (including the wildfire valkyre and ally card),
    depending how much you team fluffs its dice rolls the game can get bogged down as reinforcements come into play. once we rescued valkyre we (and wanted to get max score) just b-lined it back to the stalker using both actions to move.

3. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

I have played the about 4 missions so far solo and am enjoying it. I especially like upgrading characters between mission, but I got it a bit wrong without the leveling up chart that was not released in the main box.

The missions are all very different and you need to think very carefully about your moves in them which is great. However I think the respawns are a little too frequent and can bog down the game a bit. I think a bit of tweaking and house rules can overcome this. If you have bad dice roles you can have a hard time and it is paramount that you get upgrades that let you role more dice.

Some of the rules are a bit hard to follow and could be improved, especially some wording (can someone tell me the difference between combat roles and attack roles?) The hacking upgrades are confusing too as many seem worse than the non-upgraded. Basically the rules need a bit of a polish.

But criticisms aside it is a very well designed game, particularly the AI, and has been fun to play so far.

AdmiralJCJF, xagroth and Croepoek like this.
  4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Attack rolls use the dice stated in the attack
    Defense rolls use dice stated in the attribute
    Combat rolls are both (and Hacking)

Dragonstriker and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Thanks. Attack and defense are clear I just don’t remember reading what defined a combat roll.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

I remember having hard time to find it too, during the demo

7. Croepoek

Maybe someone at CB wants to tell us how far the vessel going to Europe has come? Like as a Christmas present? Would be great to know. Eager to get my hands on the game :hugging_face:

8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

It might get to Spain end of December, they're expecting to start shipping Wave 1 mid-January.

9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Shipping has already begun in the USA. My pledge arrives the 19th, give or take a few days -- weather, pandemic and the usual Christmas time crunch. Other folks are going to get their shinies even sooner, so there's one advantage to living in Florida. Perhaps the only advantage. Ah, no need to ever shovel snow. But then, there are the hurricanes, and the alligators and the mosquitoes, and Disney...

Re: the missing page included separately: I cannot think of a TTG or RPG rulebook that has not had some sort of errata to go with it, and this is going back nearly 40 years. This one page is not even close to the worst. Hmmm, Malifaux 1E. Wow. Now that was a mess. This is not a big deal to me.

The loose page: trim it carefully so you can fit it into the rulebook between the pages where it was supposed to go and it does not stick out. That's always worked for me with single page inserts with perfect bound books. WIth staple bound books, things can be a bit easier, no?

I hope the Euro shipment arrives soon, and you guys in the EU can get your pledges ASAP. At the very least before the 1 year mark is up on the kickstarter at the end of March.

10. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I've been busy assembling... sadly the christmas crunch has slowed progress.

I'm hoping to give it a try this weekend and can report back!

Croepoek and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  11. Croepoek

I know the rough timeline, was more hoping for an update on exact location etc :slightly_smiling_face:

12. Nuada Airgetlam

I'd love to know that as well :|

13. Nuada Airgetlam

As if on demand :P

Wave 1 - Shipping update #3
    [​IMG]
    Posted by Corvus Belli
    Dec 17, 2020
    [​IMG] View on Kickstarter
    Hello dear backers!

How are you holding up? We hope you are all right! Around here at Corvus Belli, we are still safe and sound and preparing for a different type of Christmas. [​IMG]

To begin the week, we let you know that Quartermaster has already started with the shipping of Wave 1 in the US and in Canada, so we hope you receive Infinity Defiance soon enough so you can enjoy it on Christmas Day! [​IMG]

We also inform you, backers of the US and Canadian copies of Defiance, that the tokens and the specialty chart mentioned in the past update are missing, but we have included them separately in the shipment. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These tokens will also be sent to our Australian Wave 1 backers, and they will also be included in the Wave 1 shipments from Europe and the rest of the world when we process them next month.

Speaking of Europe and the rest of the world, the ship to Vigo is on its course and should arrive in port without complications next week - so the shipments will start roughly mid-January.

For the UK backers and their Wave 1 shipments, knowing that Brexit will already be in force, we inform you that you do not have to worry about anything as we will take care of the costs at customs, so you will not have to pay duty when you receive Infinity Defiance.

On the other hand, we have updated the token PDF file and specialty chart with the campaign dashboards so you can replay the campaign as many times as you want.

DOWNLOAD

Finally, we want to finish this post with a look at the heroes of the Defiance - but from a different point of view: the enemies! The Outcast expansion includes an alternate quest in which the protagonists will be your enemies - and they are quite fearsome!

[​IMG]

We also wanted to take this opportunity to tell you that we are taking a break for Christmas holidays, closing from December 24th to January 3rd. From Corvus Belli, we wish you a happy bunch of holidays!

Take good care of yourself and stay safe.

Until the next update!

Croepoek likes this.
  14. overread

overread New Member

I don't suppose anyone UK side knows if any of the major stores bought up any stock of Defiance?

15. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

Doing inventory of my set, seem to be missing 2 of the bots, I have Billie but can't locate Gaspar or Duchess. Any of the folks that already got the box, were they tucked anywhere odd or stuff?

16. Red Harvest

According to the unboxing video, they are included in the Collector's box, somewhere.

Fun fact: The core and collector boxes together weigh 10.1 lbs (4.58 kg)

The US pledges are shipping out of Orlando. I can only hope that the proximity to Disney World has not irrevocably tainted everything. The Mouse is pure evil and corrupts everything that comes near it.

ETA need 3 more pages. Don't destroy my faith in Humanity by letting this thread die at 99 pages.

#1936 Red Harvest, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    jherazob likes this.
  17. Croepoek

Do I understand it correctly that the card of Qiang Gao above is basically unkillable in 1-3 Range due to the nanopulser switch? Or let’s say you are very likely to die as well? But I am missing the bigger picture, can just estimate from Aristeia experience :grin:

Also 100 should be possible!

18. Nuada Airgetlam

I can easily make it go to 100 pages by just complaining about the delivery until it arrives late January. Deal? :P

19. Red Harvest

Mmm, tempting. You are currently the top forum Gruñón now that Kanluwen has left us for Malifaux, so I have no doubt you could do it. But it's Christmas time, so in the spirit of the season, maybe something other than complaints.

Fedex tells me the package is 15"x14'x11". (38cm x 36cm x 28cm look how nice I am, translating it into European. :) ) It arrives in Orlando at 12am on 12/16 (16/12 in European) and left at 9:35am on 12/17 ( 17/12) A mere 33 hours and 35 minutes in Orlando. I won't have to do any sort of serious decontamination to rid the package of the Disney taint, which really works just like gamma radiation, only worse. Never underestimate the nastiness of The Mouse.

xagroth and jherazob like this.
  20. Nuada Airgetlam

[​IMG]

Croepoek likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation