1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IA Wishlisting

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by wes-o-matic, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

The Zhanying were the first with Breaker. Later on others got it too. Zuyong already have two breaker pistols so why not combi?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

Incorrect, the first profile was Zhanying. One of the 4chan leaks had it and people were arguing that breaker combi was a weird typo.
    IIRC (& I do.) it was heralded as C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
    https://gfycat.com/filthyconcernedferret

3. Paegis

Paegis Vincible Officer

If we're purely wishlisting, I'd love to see some sort of adjustment to Qiang Gao. I feel like he's so close to being good, but the things people have mentioned in this thread sort of hold him back, and he still feels overcosted (which is probably my main issue). Heavy Shotgun profile would be a good start I think. As of right now, I think his mini is mostly going to see play as a Shang Jesus proxy.

I'd also love to see some sort of grenade make a return to Tai Sheng's MK12 profile. I really liked the alternative attack vector the stun grenades provided in N3. Why not replace the flash pulse?

I don't think we'll ever get Long Ya in IA, but minelayer Zhencha or a weapon with rangebands over 8" would be nice. I'll even take a combi, seriously!

More exotic Haidao gear would be awesome. Sensor, paramedic, MSV1 or deployables would be fantastic. They've even got the little deployable pouches - give'em some mines or depreps (or grenades? Though with a PH11...). It works with the combi Haidao model that's already out there.

Mc_Clane likes this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

AdmiralJCJF and Paegis like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the blood drop on the machine gun in Defiance does, but roughly speaking BS Attack (Continuous Damage) is close to the points difference and kind of checks out against the Az'rail, but they'd be really close in concept. I think Total Immunity would also be close to the correct points and this would make him basically immune to all special effects other than Spotlight and Carbonite. NWI should be a bit too expensive. Bioimmunity would probably not quite make up the points difference, but it would make him kind of nice for the points - like a quicker Yan Huo but without the MULTI.
    I also think MSV2 is in the ball park and would, I feel, help White Banner tremendously and give you some real difficult choice between Haidao Sniper and Qiang in IA or Shang-Jesus and Qiang in both. A somewhat less Hsieney route of MSV1 and a lesser supporting skill such as Panzerfaust or TacAware would also do it, even though the latter would basically make it a Shang-Jesus 2.0
    I'm estimating about 5 or 6 points off, btw.

I am somewhat low key hoping that some of the weirder unit costs are a result of changes being made to Annex rules with Qiang and Sun possibly missing some pretty high value skills that Annex is blocking and Evaders missing a minor drawback for the same reason.

Paegis likes this.
  6. archon

archon Well-Known Member

He has BS Att. +1 DAM. Maybe thats enough for one blood drop. I never feel tempted to pick him up (and he has no model yet) not in WB and more not in IA. Now, that we have Shang Ji Shock/AP HMG (that sadly lacks a model too) for the same price its clear what I put in my list.

I think MSV2 is not the right choice. It feels not good, that the only (okay 2nd here) chance to cancel a weakness of a sectorial is a special character (beside this, WB has a lot of MSV1). In Defiance he is the big leader boy, so I think Strategos1 on top of his Lt.+1 profile will be good and fluffy.

7. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I think you're giving too much thought to a special character. I don't want it to be a must in any of my lists. I don't want it to be a hard contestant with shangji HMG, zuyong HMG or Yanhuo... there are too much competence in that fielt already. I just want it to be good in some occasions. That's why I want a Heavy Shotgun+mine disperser or with grenades. Another flavor in the menu but not an optimal autopick.

For me, minelayer+combi zenchas (preferible with 1 decoy) or the said little tweaks on Hulang, daoying, yanhuo and haidao are more important/enrichment things to the sectorial

EDIT: Id even sacrifice the INM:shock of the zencha for a more diverse an viable mid table troop

#27 Mc_Clane, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Suryat are remarkably similar to Qiang. Here's Suryat compared to Qiang Gao

Suryat pros: Haris, Immunity AP, +1 PH
    Suryat free abilities: Jungle Terrain, Duo, MULTI Pistols?
    Suryat quid pro quos: Religious
    Qiang Gao pros: BS Attack +1 DAM, +1 WIP
    Qiang Gao free abilities: Dodge +1", Breaker Pistols +1 B
    Qiang Gao quid pro quos: None.
    Points difference: Qiang is 5 points more expensive.

Now, I don't know exactly how to value Religious on Suryat, but Religious ranges from costing very slightly to being a very slight discount, though it seems to lean towards costing points on Morats I would say it is typically neutral in price. That means how to value Immunity AP versus BS Attack +1 DAM; in this edition of the rules I would prefer Immunity AP, even if they are damned close both of them, but this doesn't mean that they are valued the same for CB. From what I can tell, +1 DAM tends to be really cheap for other units, though. Like really really cheap. I would assume that both are 1-point abilities. As for the Multi Pistols, I don't know whether they are free or not, on balance they probably are.
    Last we take the attribute scaling into account and note that +1 WIP for Qiang is slightly more expensive than +1 PH for Suryat. Thus I arrive at 41 points for Qiang.

As a foot note I find it mildly annoying that Morats are so damned similar to Yu Jing; it's the Combined Yu Jing!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation