1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reverend Observants in N4

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Snowball, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Well time to go rebase sci-fi Hellboy.

But I wouldn't mind a non hacker character, like an engineer that is all about the mad/weird science that comes out bakunin or running around in a custom suit of PA, a black hand spook/ assassin, an ex Aristo like the previously mentioned Final Boss or 8-ball, or a vigilante thats been caught and forced to fight for the NMF. im just starting to find the hacker characters boring and they are all starting to blend together (though this may just be due to no unique programs to make things interesting).

or we could reprogram another one of Aleph's toasters again.

2. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

from black hand we have allready brando and kusanagi, they could have been in any sectorial...but not. We have several mercenary characters that could be in different sectorials (avicena could be in tjc, where he got some of his firmware updated, raoul could be in corregidor or bakuni, because he is allready working with starco, same with uhahu.

But I doubt we will be lucky with that. Seems that black hand will never be a thing (even if B once suggested that it could be in the works) and the same for cross-ship dudes (Apart from the new who-knows-where-he-came dude)

3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

So I've been thinking about this some more, and "Wolfgang Amadeus Wulff, Canid Uplift Bounty Hunter" - Uplift hits Bakunin, Bounty Hunter hits Corregidor and fluff him with a Criminal / Tunguskan Lawyer /Banker patron and you get Tunguska.

The shitty pun as a name goes from being groan worthy to being "lol, only in Bakunin".

You don't even need a significantly different bloody visual concept.

Torres and Tourniquet like this.
  4. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I'm more and more convinced by the idea that the observance part of Bakunin needs something similar to the Magister Knights in MO: relatively cheap novice nuns who can be put into all the fireteams and maybe bring stuff like Flammenspeere or Akrylat-Kanonen (since Blitzens are a Riot Grrl thing) and some close quarter weaponry like SMGs or Assault Pistols.

Profiles could look like this:
    Bild1.jpg

Oh and they'd basically act as Observance Wildcards

#84 Tristan228, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  5. inane.imp

I really feel like one option should have a Viral Pistol. Just so the Observance career path in the RPG makes sense.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. Tristan228

Warcor

Interesting! Since I don't own any books related to the RPG I didn't know that.
    So the Heavy Pistol could be swapped with a Viral Pistol for +1 Point (because of the VP's DA-Ammo portion).

7. inane.imp

I'm mostly joking because I'm 90% certain it's a mistake because the Observance characters don't get ODD and the Healer variant gets an Automedkit not an actual Medkit.

8. Tristan228

Warcor

Oh, ok. Sounds very closely oriented on the game... at least the Rev. Healer can heal one person XD

9. inane.imp

Technically you can use Automedkits on other characters in the RPG. They're just usually mounted into armour or similar.

10. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

Yes. Tristan it is much better idea.

11. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Cheerkillers should be in Bakunin, be called Reverend Novices, and freely interlink with other Reverends. This would fix Observance, and they're weird in TJC anyhow.

Change my mind.

12. Pflaumenmus

Pflaumenmus Active Member

Well thats interesting! I just had the very same idea today and went onto the forums to write about it. Apparently there is no need any longer :joy:

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  13. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Even if they don't get a Noviates option to make cheaper fireteams, I'd like the Reverend Healers to get Mimetism (-6). They've got the rank, they should get the equipment.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  14. Hachiman Taro

tbh @Tristan228 posted a pretty similar idea above, but the release pics also triggered me pretty strongly. I don't think you'd even need to change the profiles or the models, apart from the name and the link options. They fit perfectly. I don't understand why they weren't BJC to start with.

A Grenzer profile should get MSV2 in TJC instead anyway.

15. Hachiman Taro

I dunno why anyone would take a Healer currently, apart from liking the model (which is lovely). So expensive for not quite being good enough, or flexible enough for any one thing.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  16. Tourniquet

Also the thing they do which is be a combat doc embedded in a fireteam is pointless when the people she is meant to be doctoring are being shocked of the table making her existence irrelevant.

Robock and inane.imp like this.
  17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

To repeat and summarize what others have said here: Observantce troops should be allowed in Moderator links. That's all they need to shine.

I'd give up the stupid Vostok in a minute to be able to put Observance troops in with Moderators (and/or Riot Grrls). As much as I deeply enjoy the power and flexibility of being able to put Riot Grrls in other squads, it's not quite fluffy and it gets in the way of the Observance, who should have that role.

Flexible but fragile ODD pointwomen in any team, bringing NCO with them? HELL YEAH. Medics that can actually shoot and superhackers in habits joining Moderators to boss them around? DOPE. Taskmasters with a Rev Healer and a Custodier in a Haris? LINE IT UP SON.

Similar punch to a linked Kriza, but less resilient and more fairly balanced IMO.

Sadly not the way it happened, but here's hoping the idea gets out there for whenever revisions happen

Aemaru likes this.
  18. inane.imp

No.

That's not what we're saying.

We're saying that - while that would work mechanically - it's a bad solution from a characterful point of view. Instead something in keeping with Observance should be changed / added to make them work.

I very much hope what you suggest isn't how they solve this, because it will destroy what makes Bakunin interesting: there are 3 separate and distinct parts to Bakunin that work together to form an effective whole. Instead it will become another "LI Core with HI and MI SWC options", and if I wanted that I'd play PanO.

19. Hachiman Taro

I'm not sure I like Reverends in Moderator links, seems even more hodgepodgy than now.

If I had my preference (cribbing from many others ideas) it would be:

Moderators: Core
    Riot Grrls: Core, Haris
    Reverend Moiras: Core, Haris
    Special Haris: 1 Taskmaster and 2 Morlocks
    Zoe & Pi Well: Duo

Custodiers, Healers, Kusanagi and Novices (same profiles as Cheerkillers) count as Moiras for fireteam composition.
    1 Taskmaster OR up to 2 Riot Grrls may join a Moderator fireteam

Wildcards: Tsyklon, Lunokhod, Clockmakers, Final Boss (Similar stats to Wolfgang Amadeus Wolf)

I think that would be very fluffy, quite reasonably balanced and so pretty much that would fix fireteams in BJC for me. Still need some point / profile adjustments to not see dead profiles tho.

#99 Hachiman Taro, Dec 15, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    wes-o-matic and inane.imp like this.
  20. Tourniquet

Or NA2, or one of the other 2 nomad sectorials, or YJ, or ariadna or literally any other faction at this point.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation