1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some quick ones on Liu Xing and Fireteams

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Alphz, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

That's precisely where our views differ: I think that official intervention can easily resolve our interpretation. @ijw
    My point of view: the activation of a single troop, member of a Fireteam, remains quite possible and legal and offers the possibility of declaring skills (Common or special) allowed by an equipment. Fireteam remains valid and can be activated again in the turn by integrating the member who has already acted if the member respects the Fireteam integrity rules. If not : The Fireteam remains valid but the bonuses apply in case of support skills declaration must be recalculate.

2. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

On this, we agree

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Spending a Regular Order on a Fireteam member makes them the Team Leader and activates the Fireteam. That's the Fireteam rules, as provided in the previous page of the thread.

If you're arguing against this, you're going to have to provide very specific rules references saying otherwise.

Alphz likes this.
  4. Shango

Shango Well-Known Member

it's very clear and much simpler than what we read in the rulebook but it's written nowhere sorry (we wonder why?)
    To activate a Fireteam you must activate one of its members (trooper that become the Team Leader) (the only way to spend an order) but nothing indicates that activating a member necessarily activates all the team.

Maybe the AnnexN4 could recall how Fireteam are activated with something like this:
    ◼ During the Active Turn, spending a Regular Order on a Fireteam member makes them the Team Leader and activates the Fireteam.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It was already discussed on the first page, but here is the rules text again:
    During the Active Turn, Fireteams behave differently from other Infinity Troopers, as explained below:
    The Fireteam rules give you all the rules for activating Troopers that are in a Fireteam. It's that simple. The only rules given for spending Orders on individual members is for Irregular or Lieutenant Orders, which breaks them out of the Fireteam.

Alphz and inane.imp like this.
  6. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Except that's not how it works right now. Instead it works like this:

"During the Active Turn, all the Fireteam members are activated with a single Regular Order from the Order Pool of their Combat Group."

So,
    1. I activate this Fireteam
    1.1. I spend a Regular Order
    1.2 This Trooper, Alice, will be Team Leader and I declare Suppression Fire
    2. Bob declares a BS Attack ARO against Charlie, who was a member of the Fireteam and activated by the order. Bob has LOF to Charlie.
    3/4. Irrelevant due to
    5. The ARO is valid.
    6. Alice enters the Suppression Fire state and the Fireteam Integrity fails. She's the Team Leader so no more Fireteam. Bob's ARO vs Charlie is resolved normally.

@ijw was - I believe - loose with his enunciation of the Order Expenditure Sequence when he posted 2 posts ago stating that you spend a Regular Order on a Fireteam Member and activate the Fireteam. It's how it's usually informally expressed but not how the OES sequences it.

#26 inane.imp, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Alphz likes this.
  7. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Double post. Derp.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation