1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARO strategies in ITS12

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Iver, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Iver

Iver Human Plus

I haven't tried the missions with localized decompression yet, but I can imagine they will have a major impact on how long range ARO pieces will perform. Either by covering prime enemy sniping positions when facing a sectoral or setting up for our own solo ARO pieces.

What's our strategies around these in our vanilla and sectorial armies?

Of course I think that if we're planning to bring a Posthuman mk2 sniper or mk4 rocket as ARO, prepping potential spots with saturation zone coverage could be very strong.

Atalanta or our prime linked ARO troops could be devalued due to this rule, should we focus more on midfield ARO defense, and would Teucer suddenly be the preferred pick in SP since the second burst is less attractive?

What shenanigans could we use localized decompression to accomplish otherwise? Are there any of our infiltrators who work especially well with it?

2. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

I think it means that atalanta or a total reaction bot would be better used covering a secondary lane, instead of the primary, which is now better held by a mk4 or similar one big gun.

For OSS, the Marut, Dart, Nagas, Daysus, and the Mk2s all have Terrain (Total), so they'll go faster through those zones.
    Achilles V1 has it for Steel Phalanx.
    Putting it where you think you might be able to use it to slingshot an aggressive piece forward could get you some nice benefits.

3. Iver

Iver Human Plus

I love the idea of the Marut doubling as a scary MSV2 high armor high BS explosive ammo ARO piece behind a zone in the beginning of turn 1 when the opponent starts and then using it to propel itself forward faster in our own active turn. Bunnybot will see some solid play in this season.

I also really like that the BSG infiltrators can make great use of the zone to move faster and not lose shots from the saturation by using the template.

4. Sigeric

Sigeric Irregular WB

Oh boy, localized decompression, brand new and I already love it as much as biotechvore.

You place the zones after rolling and deciding deployment and initiative. If you get first turn, toss those things away from the action. If you go second, stick those right in the middle just to vex your adversary. Since TR pieces must focus all burst in a single target, they get shafted the hardest, so those of course those lose value. Defensive fireteams too, most of the times.

So yeah, Mk2, Mk4 and Dasyus for generic and OSS and... I suppose the same stuff for phallus, cept' you could even save 5 points in the cheaper Atalanta profile! It wouldn't change much for greeks, you still want the double smoke dodge for myrms and sixth sense for everyone basically.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation